Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?

Trade Russ to the Browns for the 1st/4th picks and Browns 1st round pick next year

• Absolutely

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • Absolutely not

Votes: 189 74.1%
  • I'd think about it

Votes: 44 17.3%

• Total voters

Seymour

Reaction score
hawkman":pa9wxw58 said:
SoulfishHawk":pa9wxw58 said:
Yeah, can't take anyone serious who thinks Russ is #15. Just another "fan" who chooses to hate the guy, regardless what has done. He's only the best QB the team has ever had.

That’s a huge insult to Hasselbeck was who could play from the pocket and didn’t panic at the remote some of pressure. Wilson is a better athlete, but has was twice the qb.

Hasselbecks last year here.
12 TDs 17 Int's 3001 yards.

Wilsons last year here.
34 TD's 11 INt's 3983 yards
and lead the team in rushing by over 300 yards.

Looks like Wilson in 3 times the QB in TD's alone based on that stat line.

Show me even 1 stat line that supports your opinion, let alone stating he is twice the QB. :34853_doh:

hawknation2018

Reaction score
hawkman":69dagkro said:
Top 5!?!?!? If you meant to say top 15 I agree. Top 5 qb’s can use the middle of the field. Wilson can’t even see the top 5 qb’s over a row of yard gnomes.

Would you mind doing a modicum of research before you post garbage and lies as fact?

According to the NFL's nextgenstats, Russell Wilson was one of the most effective QBs in the NFL on passes over the middle of the field:
Vs league avg WIL777781 2017 reg all 1514920128050

hawkman

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1y7ukb18 said:
I can't even imagine how good Russ would have been behind that Line that Matt had. And no way in heck Matt makes it thru even half the season w/this line. I loved the guy, he did the best he could w/his talent. But it's not even close really. And not just because I'm a huge Russ fan. Russ does things that very few can do, while running for his life.
Matt, in their better years, had one hell of a line and could just sit in there and do his thing.

The best line in history could not pass protect with Wilson at QB. I really wish more people understood how bad qb can make a line. There is a reason more teams don’t let’s tbeir qb’s go rouge and play sandlot football.

hawkman

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1e5zcfto said:
hawkman":1e5zcfto said:
Top 5!?!?!? If you meant to say top 15 I agree. Top 5 qb’s can use the middle of the field. Wilson can’t even see the top 5 qb’s over a row of yard gnomes.

Would you mind doing a modicum of research before you post garbage and lies as fact?

According to the NFL's nextgenstats, Russell Wilson was one of the most effective QBs in the NFL on passes over the middle of the field:

Those stats don’t account for the hundreds of times he SHOULD HAVE thrown to the middle and instead freaks out and runs into a sack, or out of bounds for a lose.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkman":3tusctmb said:
SoulfishHawk":3tusctmb said:
I can't even imagine how good Russ would have been behind that Line that Matt had. And no way in heck Matt makes it thru even half the season w/this line. I loved the guy, he did the best he could w/his talent. But it's not even close really. And not just because I'm a huge Russ fan. Russ does things that very few can do, while running for his life.
Matt, in their better years, had one hell of a line and could just sit in there and do his thing.

The best line in history could not pass protect with Wilson at QB. I really wish more people understood how bad a can make a line work. There is a reason more teams don’t let’s tbeir qb’s go rouge and play sandlot football.

There's some truth to this, but there's also some truth to Russell conditioning himself to hold the ball longer and run out of the pocket BECAUSE of being gun shy by having such a terrible line for all these years.

Maybe with a great line he'd be more comfortable staying in the pocket because he knows his line won't get destroyed in half a second after the ball's snapped.

hawkman

Reaction score
Seymour":1588br50 said:
hawkman":1588br50 said:
SoulfishHawk":1588br50 said:
Yeah, can't take anyone serious who thinks Russ is #15. Just another "fan" who chooses to hate the guy, regardless what has done. He's only the best QB the team has ever had.

That’s a huge insult to Hasselbeck was who could play from the pocket and didn’t panic at the remote some of pressure. Wilson is a better athlete, but has was twice the qb.

Hasselbecks last year here.
12 TDs 17 Int's 3001 yards.

Wilsons last year here.
34 TD's 11 INt's 3983 yards
and lead the team in rushing by over 300 yards.

Looks like Wilson in 3 times the QB in TD's alone based on that stat line.

Show me even 1 stat line that supports your opinion, let alone stating he is twice the QB. :34853_doh:

Let’s see what Wilson’s stats look like when is at the age Matt was his last year here. He won’t even be in the game anymore, he doesn’t have the tools or football iq once his physical traits start to go.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
hawkman":ivsz8vle said:
hawknation2018":ivsz8vle said:
hawkman":ivsz8vle said:

Those stats don’t account for the hundreds of times he SHOULD HAVE thrown to the middle and instead freaks out and runs into a sack, or out of bounds for a lose.

That's just more nonsense by you. Like when you said Russell Wilson's impressive QB rating should be ignored because he doesn't throw the ball away. When in fact, Wilson throws the ball away more than any other QB in the league, except one.

Here are actual facts. Wilson eludes far more pressures than the number that are converted into sacks. He throws the ball away a lot. He has the 2nd fewest passes deflected at the line of scrimmage. And Russell Wilson is one of the best QBs in the NFL on passes over the middle of the field.

Do some research. Stop posting nonsense.

hawkman

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1jy91nt3 said:
hawkman":1jy91nt3 said:
hawknation2018":1jy91nt3 said:
hawkman":1jy91nt3 said:

That's just more nonsense by you. Like when you said Russell Wilson's impressive QB rating should be ignored because he doesn't throw the ball away. When in fact, Wilson throws the ball away more than any other QB in the league, except one.

Here are actual facts. Wilson eludes far more pressures than the number that are converted into sacks. He throws the ball away a lot. He has the 2nd fewest passes deflected at the line of scrimmage. And Russell Wilson is one of the best QBs in the NFL on passes over the middle of the field.

Your more than welcome to your opinion.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
hawkman":tuzm9ixh said:
hawknation2018":tuzm9ixh said:
hawkman":tuzm9ixh said:
hawknation2018":tuzm9ixh said:

It's "you're." And you are not entitled to your own facts. Like I said, do some research before you spout off with nonsense that you can't back up.

hawkman

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2ohvmt7l said:
hawkman":2ohvmt7l said:
hawknation2018":2ohvmt7l said:
hawkman":2ohvmt7l said:

It's "you're." And you are not entitled to your own facts. Like I said, do some research before you spout off with nonsense that you can't back up.

A few hand picked stats doesn’t make a Hall of Fame QB. There is a reason most people outside of hawk fans are not nearly as impressed with RW.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Someone made a fair point but didn't really scratch at it.

There's a saying "your best ability is your availability". Talent doesn't mean nothing if it can't get on the field.

Wilson has been amazingly durable. Someone mentioned Andrew Luck. He probably has more raw talent and football intelligence than Wilson (2nd part is debatable, he does throw more picks). He's got prototypical size and athleticism. And he's always hurt.

Guys like Aaron Rodgers, Derek Carr, Cam Newton, and Tom Brady have missed more time than Wilson has. Even when he was beat up and trying to run behind a terrible OL, he's still better than any back up QB in the league, which is what we would be playing with if he sat on the bench.

The hardest things to draft are health and character and those are huge for a QB. There's no way to determine if a guy is going to stay healthy. You can draft a guy with prototypical size (Luck, Newton) or a guy that's uber smart and gets rid of the ball quickly (Brady) and they still might miss time.

Could Wilson be better ? Sure. But you can almost always count on him to be out there. And that's saying a lot. Ask any team's fan base who's QB has missed significant time. And you'd have to ask because we really don't know what that's like since Wilson has stepped on the field.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Trading a franchise QB away in this day and age for unknowns in the draft is pure insanity. So how many of the 30% of people who would at least consider this are insane, and how many of you just don't think Russ is a franchise QB?

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1df1esn6 said:
I think you would be amazed at how many people think he's basically an average player. Makes no sense.

The word around her is mediocre dammit !

B3ASTxM0D3

Reaction score
Anyone see Saquon's combine numbers?! The man is an animal. Going to be the league's next best runner and a potential HOF caliber talent.

Let's get back to our peak from a few years ago when we had BEAST MODE running our offense. We need to get into the top 3 at all costs and draft Barkley.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think the Russel Wilson experiment has run its course. At a $15.5mil, the cap hit doesn't match the production anymore, and hes gonna be our best shot at getting into the top three and getting Barkley. You really think the Browns wouldn't jump at the chance to finally solidify their QB spot?! Giants are going to be moving on from Eli soon and could use Russ with the talent they have their they could be a legit playoff contender with him, while we get the best player in the draft. Schneids said we had no untouchables, so why not?

DO WHATEVER IT TAKES. Get it done. Get the browns 1st and 4th and lets get back to the top of the NFC.

original poster

Reaction score
B3ASTxM0D3":1l0q2q69 said:
Anyone see Saquon's combine numbers?! The man is an animal. Going to be the league's next best runner and a potential HOF caliber talent.

Let's get back to our peak from a few years ago when we had BEAST MODE running our offense. We need to get into the top 3 at all costs and draft Barkley.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think the Russel Wilson experiment has run its course. At a $15.5mil, the cap hit doesn't match the production anymore, and hes gonna be our best shot at getting into the top three and getting Barkley. You really think the Browns wouldn't jump at the chance to finally solidify their QB spot?! Giants are going to be moving on from Eli soon and could use Russ with the talent they have their they could be a legit playoff contender with him, while we get the best player in the draft. Schneids said we had no untouchables, so why not?

DO WHATEVER IT TAKES. Get it done. Get the browns 1st and 4th and lets get back to the top of the NFC.

Crazy idea, but welcome :)

B3ASTxM0D3

Reaction score
Said it in the GM thread, but absolutely I would do this. Not even close to the 15.5mil cap hit we are paying him.

Trade him to the browns and draft saquon and minkah to finally replace marshawn after all these years and mediocre ass richard sherman.

Sign Kaepergod in the offseason he can do basically all russ can do anyways with at a much lower cost. Come on John get it done

IndyHawk

Reaction score
B3ASTxM0D3":vhb54tqp said:
Said it in the GM thread, but absolutely I would do this. Not even close to the 15.5mil cap hit we are paying him.

Trade him to the browns and draft saquon and minkah to finally replace marshawn after all these years and mediocre ass richard sherman.

Sign Kaepergod in the offseason he can do basically all russ can do anyways with at a much lower cost. Come on John get it done
That cap hit is going to be much higher soon when he gets his new deal.
People will wake up after a couple years of cap induced holes that prevent Championships.
I'd take the picks and another one or Peppers.