Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Pops":1wnhidb6 said:
Hawkpower":1wnhidb6 said:
Pops":1wnhidb6 said:
I like it. I could get used to this.

BTW, nice challenges by your boy Fisher today. Is there a dumber head coach in the NFL?

Yes at this point there are three head coaches dumber than Fisher.

Dude, you're borderline trolling. Quite a few of us have tried or are trying to build up a good rep on this site as Rams fans and you're going to make all of us look bad. Please stop.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Beating the Cardinals wasn't too surprising. The Bills next week? Back to the types of games we usually lose under Fisher. We win next week, I'll be convinced that we are for real this year.

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2q2wxcof said:
Pops":2q2wxcof said:
Hawkpower":2q2wxcof said:
Pops":2q2wxcof said:
I like it. I could get used to this.

BTW, nice challenges by your boy Fisher today. Is there a dumber head coach in the NFL?

Yes at this point there are three head coaches dumber than Fisher.

Dude, you're borderline trolling. Quite a few of us have tried or are trying to build up a good rep on this site as Rams fans and you're going to make all of us look bad. Please stop.

I do not see it as trolling. I reported it so we'll let the moderator decide. The Rams in 1st place is a good thing. A great time. And most unexpected. I write for myself not you or anyone else so don't worry your reputation is secure. Perhaps that is why you chose to post rather than send me a PM with your concerns?

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2c8xcvni said:
Beating the Cardinals wasn't too surprising. The Bills next week? Back to the types of games we usually lose under Fisher. We win next week, I'll be convinced that we are for real this year.

Vegas didn't think so as they had AZ by 10.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Wasn't there already a post thread on this topic?

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
Laloosh":1jc821iy said:
Wasn't there already a post thread on this topic?

No, not about the Rams still in 1st place.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rams D is for real, but no way they can keep winning low scoring games in the last possession with that putrid offense.

Gonna need a better margin for error on the offensive side of the ball if the Rams are going to be playoff contenders, I predict they're coming back down to earth in the next 3-4 weeks.

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1vjq7095 said:
Rams D is for real, but no way they can keep winning low scoring games in the last possession with that putrid offense.

Gonna need a better margin for error on the offensive side of the ball if the Rams are going to be playoff contenders, I predict they're coming back down to earth in the next 3-4 weeks.

I see improvement on offense but the penalties will kill any chance of success when not getting 5 turnovers in a game.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2971mtr3 said:

Maybe, but on the flip side it's not realistic to expect Gurley and the running game to keep being held down.

That with the penalties and dropped passes (which may not get better)....there's a TON of room for improvement out of this offense.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":n1dlr5f8 said:
Maybe, but on the flip side it's not realistic to expect Gurley and the running game to keep being held down.

Why?

Why will any of the following occur:

1.) Teams start to respect Case Keenum and your rag tag bunch of WR's/TE's more, which seems unlikely

2.) Your O-line becomes a strength despite not having a lot of attractive pieces there

3.) Gurley starts to get chunks of yardage despite playing behind a not great OL and without a strong accompanying passing game which is a major question mark

Hawks46

Reaction score
Cyrus12":a5u6sibz said:
Rams are the team to beat...why? cuz we haven't beat them...until we do or they implode on their own they are better at the moment. I say option 2 happens first.it won't last.

This. I'll give Pops his due because they've beaten us 4 out of the last 5. If they could stop losing non divisional games, I might actually be worried about them.

We'll see where they are mid season. They might not beat Buffalo next week.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1mbsw6no said:
Ramfan128":1mbsw6no said:

Why?

1.) Teams start to respect Case Keenum and your rag tag bunch of WR's/TE's more, which seems unlikely

2.) Your O-line becomes a strength despite not having a lot of attractive pieces there

3.) Gurley starts to get chunks of yardage despite playing behind a not great OL and without a strong accompanying passing game which is a major question mark

1. Because teams will notice that we are actually beating them through the air. Brian Quick is complete and utter garbage, yet has 3 huge TDs in the last two weeks. Teams will have to eventually back off, or we will keep winning games the way we are winning them. So respect them or not, we're beating teams with good defenses and talented secondaries.

2. You say not a lot of attractive pieces, probably not being familiar with the pieces. The OL should be a strength. Saffold/Brown/Havenstein are three good players. Barnes is average at Center. Robinson has been the real challenge but he's supremely gifted physically...disturbing that we're waiting for the light to come on with him, yes, but this group's strength is run blocking and they have the ability and potential to become a top 10 run blocking unit - so I would disagree with that. They're all still pretty young, but it consists of all 1st/2nd/3rd round picks except for Barnes - so it is an expectation that this group grows together and continues to improve.

3. I would say yes to this too, even if 1 and 2 don't occur. Teams were playing this way last year, and while he did hit a wall after teams changed their approach, he still had more success than we are having now.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":r1m6in9g said:
theENGLISHseahawk":r1m6in9g said:
Ramfan128":r1m6in9g said:

Why?

1. Because teams will notice that we are actually beating them through the air. Brian Quick is complete and utter garbage, yet has 3 huge TDs in the last two weeks. Teams will have to eventually back off, or we will keep winning games the way we are winning them. So respect them or not, we're beating teams with good defenses and talented secondaries.

2. You say not a lot of attractive pieces, probably not being familiar with the pieces. The OL should be a strength. Saffold/Brown/Havenstein are three good players. Barnes is average at Center. Robinson has been the real challenge but he's supremely gifted physically...disturbing that we're waiting for the light to come on with him, yes, but this group's strength is run blocking and they have the ability and potential to become a top 10 run blocking unit - so I would disagree with that. They're all still pretty young, but it consists of all 1st/2nd/3rd round picks except for Barnes - so it is an expectation that this group grows together and continues to improve.

3. I would say yes to this too, even if 1 and 2 don't occur. Teams were playing this way last year, and while he did hit a wall after teams changed their approach, he still had more success than we are having now.

1. I think 'beating them through the air' is stretching it a bit. Keenum's completing 55% of his passes and a 4/3 TD/INT ratio. It's a stretch IMO to think any team is going to respect Keenum and your WRs/TEs to draw attention away from the run.

2. I am more than familiar with the pieces. They may well grow, we'll find out. But at the moment I'm not looking at your OL personnel and feeling that is a strength.

3. In the last eight games of the 2015 Gurley had one 100 yard game. One. After a flying start it seems like teams put their attention heavily on stopping the run and the results were eerily similar to what we're witnessing now. Apart from a 140-yard game against the Lions #20 ranked run defense he ran for:

3.8 YPC vs the Bears
3.7 vs the Vikings
2.6 vs the Ravens
2.1 vs Cincy
4.6 vs Arizona
2.3 vs the Buccs
4.4 vs Seattle

And he's started the season with the following:

2.8 vs the Niners
2.7 vs Seattle
3.1 vs the Buccs
1.7 vs Arizona

This is more than a handful of games now. It's a trend of 11 games with mediocre results with one major performance vs Detroit who were in the bottom half of the league for run defense in 2015.

Now you can hope that the results will change and that he produces despite the OL and passing game supporting him -- but it's a faith based opinion. The results are very clear that he is being kept in check. And while I've no doubt he'll have the odd monster game for you -- teams are effectively shutting down your running back and challenging Keenum to beat them. And that has worked so far -- but it's Case freakin Keenum who is equally as capable of last nights performance as he is the 28-0 howler in San Francisco.

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
The Rams O line was a strength last season but not as yet this season. An average passing game should open holes for Gurley. Rams STs have been essential for field position and scoring. If that falters the Rams are in big trouble.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3lf6bvog said:
Ramfan128":3lf6bvog said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3lf6bvog said:
Ramfan128":3lf6bvog said:

Why?

1. I think 'beating them through the air' is stretching it a bit. Keenum's completing 55% of his passes and a 4/3 TD/INT ratio. It's a stretch IMO to think any team is going to respect Keenum and your WRs/TEs to draw attention away from the run.

2. I am more than familiar with the pieces. They may well grow, we'll find out. But at the moment I'm not looking at your OL personnel and feeling that is a strength.

3. In the last eight games of the 2015 Gurley had one 100 yard game. One. After a flying start it seems like teams put their attention heavily on stopping the run and the results were eerily similar to what we're witnessing now. Apart from a 140-yard game against the Lions #20 ranked run defense he ran for:

3.8 YPC vs the Bears
3.7 vs the Vikings
2.6 vs the Ravens
2.1 vs Cincy
4.6 vs Arizona
2.3 vs the Buccs
4.4 vs Seattle

And he's started the season with the following:

2.8 vs the Niners
2.7 vs Seattle
3.1 vs the Buccs
1.7 vs Arizona

This is more than a handful of games now. It's a trend of 11 games with mediocre results with one major performance vs Detroit who were in the bottom half of the league for run defense in 2015.

Now you can hope that the results will change and that he produces despite the OL and passing game supporting him -- but it's a faith based opinion. The results are very clear that he is being kept in check. And while I've no doubt he'll have the odd monster game for you -- teams are effectively shutting down your running back and challenging Keenum to beat them. And that has worked so far -- but it's Case freakin Keenum who is equally as capable of last nights performance as he is the 28-0 howler in San Francisco.

We'll see.

This part of the schedule was probably the hardest we'll face this year and we came through it 3-1, winning one of the typical "Jeff Fisher let down" games (Bucs). I think the offense continues to get better as the schedule softens a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.