Rams still in 1st place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I can see them squeaking out 9-10 wins which should put them in the runnning given the Cards are looking at 8-9 wins.

Their biggest problem is that they will be competing with GB/Minny/Dallas/Philly for that WC spot.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ramfan128":349q1yla said:
Pops":349q1yla said:
Hawkpower":349q1yla said:
Pops":349q1yla said:
I like it. I could get used to this.

BTW, nice challenges by your boy Fisher today. Is there a dumber head coach in the NFL?

Yes at this point there are three head coaches dumber than Fisher.

Dude, you're borderline trolling. Quite a few of us have tried or are trying to build up a good rep on this site as Rams fans and you're going to make all of us look bad. Please stop.
Agree, but those of you that have earned a good rep and don't troll having nothing to worry about.

The trolls will be dealt with and those of you that want and bring good discussion to the boards are always welcome
here.

You, Red Alice, RLkats, 5GR, and other teams fans that come in to discuss football without trolling are a valuable part of .net.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Largent80":2p4dx3js said:
Have fun at Buff.

Buff is coming to us.

Everything is week to week, so now this is the important game. Need to win outside the division.

Reading some Buff sites, and lots of their fans think they are now a playoff level team after beating the Pats. Funny.

Also learned they've got a really bad West Coast Record w something like 3 wins since 1995, including beating Hawks in 2012.

Well, looking forward to what will be a tough home game.

Erebus

Reaction score
RedAlice":2uhet44q said:
Reading some Buff sites, and lots of their fans think they are now a playoff level team after beating the Pats. Funny.

Also learned they've got a really bad West Coast Record w something like 3 wins since 1995, including beating Hawks in 2012.

Someone has a bad memory. We beat Buffalo 50-17 in Toronto in 2012.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Erebus":3w41j2bu said:
RedAlice":3w41j2bu said:

I think you mean beating Seattle in 2004, Alice.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Why?

Why will any of the following occur:

1.) Teams start to respect Case Keenum and your rag tag bunch of WR's/TE's more, which seems unlikely

2.) Your O-line becomes a strength despite not having a lot of attractive pieces there

3.) Gurley starts to get chunks of yardage despite playing behind a not great OL and without a strong accompanying passing game which is a major question mark[/quote]

1. Because teams will notice that we are actually beating them through the air. Brian Quick is complete and utter garbage, yet has 3 huge TDs in the last two weeks. Teams will have to eventually back off, or we will keep winning games the way we are winning them. So respect them or not, we're beating teams with good defenses and talented secondaries.

2. You say not a lot of attractive pieces, probably not being familiar with the pieces. The OL should be a strength. Saffold/Brown/Havenstein are three good players. Barnes is average at Center. Robinson has been the real challenge but he's supremely gifted physically...disturbing that we're waiting for the light to come on with him, yes, but this group's strength is run blocking and they have the ability and potential to become a top 10 run blocking unit - so I would disagree with that. They're all still pretty young, but it consists of all 1st/2nd/3rd round picks except for Barnes - so it is an expectation that this group grows together and continues to improve.

3. I would say yes to this too, even if 1 and 2 don't occur. Teams were playing this way last year, and while he did hit a wall after teams changed their approach, he still had more success than we are having now.[/quote]

1. I think 'beating them through the air' is stretching it a bit. Keenum's completing 55% of his passes and a 4/3 TD/INT ratio. It's a stretch IMO to think any team is going to respect Keenum and your WRs/TEs to draw attention away from the run.

2. I am more than familiar with the pieces. They may well grow, we'll find out. But at the moment I'm not looking at your OL personnel and feeling that is a strength.

3. In the last eight games of the 2015 Gurley had one 100 yard game. One. After a flying start it seems like teams put their attention heavily on stopping the run and the results were eerily similar to what we're witnessing now. Apart from a 140-yard game against the Lions #20 ranked run defense he ran for:

3.8 YPC vs the Bears
3.7 vs the Vikings
2.6 vs the Ravens
2.1 vs Cincy
4.6 vs Arizona
2.3 vs the Buccs
4.4 vs Seattle

And he's started the season with the following:

2.8 vs the Niners
2.7 vs Seattle
3.1 vs the Buccs
1.7 vs Arizona

This is more than a handful of games now. It's a trend of 11 games with mediocre results with one major performance vs Detroit who were in the bottom half of the league for run defense in 2015.

Now you can hope that the results will change and that he produces despite the OL and passing game supporting him -- but it's a faith based opinion. The results are very clear that he is being kept in check. And while I've no doubt he'll have the odd monster game for you -- teams are effectively shutting down your running back and challenging Keenum to beat them. And that has worked so far -- but it's Case freakin Keenum who is equally as capable of last nights performance as he is the 28-0 howler in San Francisco.[/quote]

We'll see.

This part of the schedule was probably the hardest we'll face this year and we came through it 3-1, winning one of the typical "Jeff Fisher let down" games (Bucs). I think the offense continues to get better as the schedule softens a bit.[/quote]

Your first four games included creampuffs Tampa and the Niners.

You still have upcoming games against the GIants, Patriots, Panthers and Falcons besides rematches against us/Cards.

I would say your schedule hardly softens....

RedAlice

Reaction score
Maulbert":3pjcfty6 said:
Erebus":3pjcfty6 said:
RedAlice":3pjcfty6 said:

I was just going off of memory on what I read Buffalo fans debating on their website when they were trying to figure out how bad they've been on the West Coast for the last two decades. Was interesting. If it's 2004, even better.

I've personally zero clue on this, but pretty much the facts seem like they haven't won a lot. Though to their credit, they probably hardly come to the West coast.

When I make my Game Day Thread I will pay closer attention and see what their record is on the West Coast.

I think I also read that they haven't played the LA Rams in LA since 1983 or something like that, and played in the Coliseum last in 1994? maybe. All of these things are just interesting statistics, no real impact on the game.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":36n1uqbn said:
Erebus":36n1uqbn said:
RedAlice":36n1uqbn said:

And last time I remember losing to Buffalo, it was in Buffalo.

chris98251

Reaction score
Patriots were Buffalo's Super Bowl, Rex knew who was starting :)

I expect the letdown as well as a infinite amount of complaining about things from the Bills afterwards, Rams should take the Bills, if they ere going East would flip the pick.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Losing to Buffalo at home after a 3-1 start would be so Jeff Fisher.

(Bills win it is)

rjdriver

Reaction score
Not to put a damper on this thread, but technically we are tied for first place with the Rams at 3-1. This is not the last game of the season, and there are no tie breakers for seeding or division winners to be considered. We are both 3-1 and tied for first in the division. Period.

RedAlice

Reaction score
rjdriver":8z8e8fyb said:
Not to put a damper on this thread, but technically we are tied for first place with the Rams at 3-1. This is not the last game of the season, and there are no tie breakers for seeding or division winners to be considered. We are both 3-1 and tied for first in the division. Period.

Not to put a damper on this thread, but tie breakers exist.

Rams are currently first, and Hawks are second.

It's true for the rest of the week. IF we end up tied at the end of the season, it will matter who beat who between us.

For this week, Rams are ahead of Hawks in the NFCW by all actual designations.

Now, time does go forward. But don't pretend you are in the lead this week.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RedAlice":5r55zxz1 said:
rjdriver":5r55zxz1 said:

It's true for the rest of the week. IF we end up tied at the end of the season, it will matter who beat who between us.

Who was pretending? And who cares?

Both teams are 3-1 with 12 games to play. Having a mythical tiebreaker on October 3rd means jack.

Good lord.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Hawkpower":hry2qcbh said:
RedAlice":hry2qcbh said:
rjdriver":hry2qcbh said:

Both teams are 3-1 with 12 games to play. Having a mythical tiebreaker on October 3rd means jack.

Good lord.

Obviously, my response was not to you.

I think it's fun this week. With clear knowledge that a week is only a week.

Good lord. Or great lord to you!

go do something fun!!

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RedAlice":il60t1tf said:
Hawkpower":il60t1tf said:
RedAlice":il60t1tf said:
rjdriver":il60t1tf said:

Good lord.

Obviously, my response was not to you.

I think it's fun this week. With clear knowledge that a week is only a week.

Good lord. Or great lord to you!

go do something fun!!

I am doing something fun :)

Interesting response though. Your tone changed quick. Sure seemed like you were lecturing a hawk fan for insinuating that there was a "tie" for first.

Maybe seeking fun activities should be on your to do list as well 8)

Natethegreat

Reaction score
As a life long Seahawk fan I am having a hard time understanding why some here are getting worked up about this thread(especially in this forum). Rams are in first 4 weeks in. If I was in there shoes I would be stoked too. Long ways to go obviously, but I'm sure they are aware of that fact.
I would not be at all surprised to see them lose at home to the Bills however. That would be a very Fischer led team thing to do.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Alice is bomb. She can lecture me all she wants.... respect. However , I never insinuated we were in the lead. I said we were tied for first in the division both with 3-1 records. There are no tie breakers for division leaders, just tie breakers for division winners which doesn't occur until after week 17. For the record if we hadn't played yet and we're both at 3-1, I wouldn't be looking at opponents strength of schedule and such to see who was in first, I would say we are in a tie with identical records. There is reason they call it holding the TIE breaker. Because it breaks a TIE

I'm confident that we will soon be division leaders (better record), and am confident that we will be division winners at the end of the year. I'm sure RedAlice is as well.... wouldn't expect any less

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1gkvvuhc said:
As a life long Seahawk fan I am having a hard time understanding why some here are getting worked up about this thread(especially in this forum). Rams are in first 4 weeks in. If I was in there shoes I would be stoked too. Long ways to go obviously, but I'm sure they are aware of that fact.
I would not be at all surprised to see them lose at home to the Bills however. That would be a very Fischer led team thing to do.

There are indeed some cool Rams fans in this thread.

But considering the tone and tenor of a few of the comments by Rex, I see no reason why there can't be some jabs headed back his way. 8)

If Seattle was struggling, the exuberance from Rams fans would make a bit more sense.....but considering the hawks look as good as ever, it does seem odd to be excited about something you know is coming to an end sooner or later....:)

chris98251

Reaction score
Let them be the Ram's that's targeted for a few weeks have their moment, good for the NFL since they are in L.A. right now, then the pressure and hype and press clippings will come and they will start to play their games in the media, then harsh reality will set in.

Polaris

Reaction score
Remember that of the four games played thus far, the Rams have played three DIVISION games (and lost one of those). The sole non-divisional game they played is against a fairly mediocre Tampa Bay Team (Winston is good....the rest of the team not so much).

Given how the Rams generally play outside the division, I think they Crash and Burn soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.