******Rumor .........make of it what you will***************

Rat

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3vc9wfd9 said:
peachesenregalia":3vc9wfd9 said:
The best thing about that whole saga was how comically poor Charlie Shitehurst really was at the time. Hard to believe that wasn't so long ago. How Russell really changed things for us. And yes, I get it, you hate Russell Wilson, but nevertheless....

Matt Flynn would have audibled on 2nd and Goal

:stirthepot:

Sidenote: The most amazing thing with Whitehurst wasn't the Trauma story.. it's that .NET's own 'Rat' actually still owns his jersey

I wish. I'd buy one if I had access.

The only jersey I've bought in the last decade was a Blaine Gabbert Jaguars jersey.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
pehawk":19pbdo39 said:
Our Man in Chicago":19pbdo39 said:
We also have Hill coming back, correct?

And Marsh, Scruggs, Serena, draft pick and a coached up Staten.

Was hoping to see more from Scruggs, but it hasn't happened.

Erebus

Reaction score
I think what we're all failing to consider is the poster. Guys, this is jlaff35, the guy who predicted we'd finish 12-4 and get the #1 seed. This means the rumor must be true!

I'm kidding, of course (but seriously jlaff, good job on that). Even if what he's saying is true, and Suh did agree verbally to 4/55, anything can happen in a month. There are no done deals until a name is signed on a contract. He could easily change his mind. Other teams can blow him away with ridiculous offers. The timing of this rumor tortures me because there's a possibility that it's real right now and won't be in a month.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Barthawk":3kr1kwjw said:
McDaniel had a lackluster season? What metrics are you using to come to this conclusion? That Tukuafu and Dobbs played in a rotational basis like our DL has done for the past 3 years? The defense was #1 in the NFL for the 2nd straight year and did not see much of a drop-off until the SB when Avril, Lane, and other injuries took their toll on the LOB.

I think the DL did a pretty damn good job considering that Hill/Mebane both left the rotation and minus the KC game, we shut the run down completely the rest of the season.

Yeah, I don't get that part. McDaniel is the reason the bottom didn't completely fall out of our Run D when Mebane's season ended.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Rat":lzk6k06q said:
Hasselbeck":lzk6k06q said:
peachesenregalia":lzk6k06q said:
The best thing about that whole saga was how comically poor Charlie Shitehurst really was at the time. Hard to believe that wasn't so long ago. How Russell really changed things for us. And yes, I get it, you hate Russell Wilson, but nevertheless....

Sidenote: The most amazing thing with Whitehurst wasn't the Trauma story.. it's that .NET's own 'Rat' actually still owns his jersey

The only jersey I've bought in the last decade was a Blaine Gabbert Jaguars jersey.

That's a nice find. I have an Akili Smith Calgary Stampeders jersey that I'll trade for it...straight up.

Basis4day

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2251cow4 said:
Barthawk":2251cow4 said:
McDaniel had a lackluster season? What metrics are you using to come to this conclusion? That Tukuafu and Dobbs played in a rotational basis like our DL has done for the past 3 years? The defense was #1 in the NFL for the 2nd straight year and did not see much of a drop-off until the SB when Avril, Lane, and other injuries took their toll on the LOB.

I think the DL did a pretty damn good job considering that Hill/Mebane both left the rotation and minus the KC game, we shut the run down completely the rest of the season.

Yeah, I don't get that part. McDaniel is the reason the bottom didn't completely fall out of our Run D when Mebane's season ended.

It's because the post confuses the role of a base DT with rotational nickel guys.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Basis4day":36evvma8 said:
HawKnPeppa":36evvma8 said:
Barthawk":36evvma8 said:

It's because the post confuses the role of a base DT with rotational nickel guys.

Actually it doesn't. Go back and read what I posted in followup. He put up less numbers and played less snaps (By a lot!) despite the fact that we had multiple injuries at the position. He was getting benched in favor of guys we picked up off the street.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":30hluwwi said:
Suh has stated that "he wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL" and that "his agent will decide where he plays football next year." Dude is about the cash. I'd be less shocked to see Carroll coach Super Bowl 50 wearing a tutu than I would be seeing Suh sign a deal like the OPs post says.

This is what I'll believe until we see a contract-signing press conference.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2jnp22o4 said:
Barthawk":2jnp22o4 said:
It is fun to to think of it as a possibility.. 5 years ago we were used as leverage, no we are the loaded team that can land Prime FAs at a bargain price.

Its not a bargain deal per say 13.75 apy is only a little less than the 13.9apy G McCoy got. And his deal had relatively little signing bonus.

If true a deal like this means more guaranteed money overall probably like 60-70% of the contract.

Not necessarily, unless McCoy got that much guaranteed. Suh isn't that much better than Gerald McCoy, if at all. Very similar players, but Suh is better against the run (again, not much).

This would be sick if true, but at almost 14 mil/year, I'd have to wonder how many more players other than Mebane would we lose to get this done ? Would we still be able to sign Wagner and extend Lynch ? I'm assuming they've already accounted for Wilson's contract.

Suh would make this an all time elite defense. I'm still not sure he's worth both Lynch and Wagner. Long term with Lynch, yes, but Lynch is basically our offense right now.

Boycie

Reaction score
lukerguy":2rr2jtvh said:
Ace_Rimmer":2rr2jtvh said:
marko358":2rr2jtvh said:
Aren't there tampering rules in place for this sort of stuff? I couldn't imagine the Hawks talking to him and risking all sorts of fines and penalties such as losing draft picks.

This stuff goes on all the time. Why do you think that at 1 minute after free agency, we see guys getting signed?

Because there is a few day period prior to FA opening where FO is allowed to negotiate contracts...

This would be blatant tampering, and this type of thing does not happen all the time.

If you think that this stuff doesn't happen, then you need to give your head a shake because it does.

jblaze

Reaction score
13.75m a year would constitute a hometown discount. Word is he's asking for around 16m/yr.

I could see the money working that way. Also his 2015 cap would be low as would Wagz and RW's, however, those would balloon severely in 2016 and would likely handicap us in regards to Irvin and others in the future.

I would love to see it but it's going out on a limb financially and I'm not sure they would do that.

That said, they would keep Mebane most likely as put Suh at the 3T which would mean Mebane at the NT, Suh at the 3T, Avril and Bennett on the edges with Irvin SLB. That's a ton of speed and pass rush ability. I can see them allowing like 3.0 YPC if that happened and would just force teams to throw the ball which is exactly what made the LOB so dominant in 2013. That would help our turnovers and time of possession greatly. That would feed right into our run first offense and we'd likely run all day with Lynch and company all over people.

I still don't see it happening. Tampering, franchise tag, future contract discussions with Detroit, teams like Jacksonville and Oakland with a ton of money they have to spend per the CBA, etc, etc. Just a lot of reasons this could not happen.

As far as "it's done, and here are the terms", I think that makes this unlikely. Those things don't get finalized this early before the FA period even starts.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":3gjfk979 said:
Sgt. Largent":3gjfk979 said:
marko358":3gjfk979 said:
Aren't there tampering rules in place for this sort of stuff? I couldn't imagine the Hawks talking to him and risking all sorts of fines and penalties such as losing draft picks.

Yeah, this isn't Dan Quinn's wink wink nudge nudge "nothing's in place" head coach move to Atlanta 12 seconds after the SB is over.

Teams can get in HUGE trouble for even talking to players outside the FA window, so I highly doubt this is legit........especially already having the $$$ worked out.

Sgt Largent also contends wrestling is real, because, well, Vince McMahon says so. Also, Phillip Morris released a statement saying cigarettes are NOT harmful, which Sgt Largent also believes. He still believes there's WMD's in Iraq, too.

Not saying this rumor is legit, but, it's Pollyanna of you to think tampering doesn't occur. DavidSeven and you are a politicians dream "whatever I say they'll believe...they're great!"

But the NYT says we found WMD's. :cool:

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Mick063":21r6fk9r said:
I can't see this happening. Suh's price is going to go up. Suh's agent will talk fiscal sense to him and Seattle isn't going to mortgage the future. Further, Suh is not happening after the Harvin debacle. Losing quality depth for one controversial player is a big gamble.

You mortgage the future when you have a declining all star quarterback and/or a short term window of opportunity. Seattle is in neither of those positions.
There is a big difference between Suh and Harvin. One is dominant and one sucks.

The Hawks cerainly need to be careful about going after a big name, but the Harvin trade was ridiculously stupid for a number of reasons. Suh would at least come close to earning his money.

Basis4day

Reaction score
DJrmb":y6cay7qw said:
Basis4day":y6cay7qw said:
HawKnPeppa":y6cay7qw said:
Barthawk":y6cay7qw said:

Actually it doesn't. Go back and read what I posted in followup. He put up less numbers and played less snaps (By a lot!) despite the fact that we had multiple injuries at the position. He was getting benched in favor of guys we picked up off the street.

The numbers you posted were his tackles, sacks, and snap count. Again. McDaniel's primary role is base defense DT whose main role is to eat space to allow other guys the opportunity to make plays. It's not a stats driven position. He primarily plays on 1st and 2nd down or short yardage situations. He doesn't play the same position as Mebane and Hill/Tukuafu/Dobbs are all nickel guys.

You also mentioned the D-Line rotation last year with guys like Bryant, Clem and McDonald. None of those guys played base DT. Bryant was a DE, Clem a Leo, and McDonald pass rushing Nickel DT. McDaniels doesn't play any of those positions so to conclude that he got benched for other players makes no sense.

SDHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":m29e3wce said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":m29e3wce said:
Suh has stated that "he wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL" and that "his agent will decide where he plays football next year." Dude is about the cash. I'd be less shocked to see Carroll coach Super Bowl 50 wearing a tutu than I would be seeing Suh sign a deal like the OPs post says.

"If Suh was telling the truth when he said his agent will pick the player’s next team, Suh undoubtedly will end up playing for the highest bidder. If Suh ultimately decides to interject his own opinion regarding whether it’s worth taking less to go to one specific location, then maybe the highest bidder won’t secure his services."

Contradiction there.

Golden Tate: "I'd take a little less to stay in Seattle".

Michael Bennett: "This isn't Costco".

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
http://overthecap.com/player/gerald-mccoy/1811/

Heres McCoys contract.

He only got a 2.5 m signing bonus... Most of his contract is front loaded with roster bonusrs and they used free cap in 2014 to give him a 12M boost that year. Smart.

But you take those last three years off McCoys contract, where the Bucs can cut him free of charge, no dead cap.

Its becomes about a 5 yr 57mil contract or 11.4 m apy.

So compare it with Suh at 4 yr, 55 m and 13.75 m
apy.

And tell me how much of a discount Suh is really taking on that contract or how its unfair.

Rat

Reaction score
Seanhawk":37qt6ogs said:
Rat":37qt6ogs said:
Hasselbeck":37qt6ogs said:
peachesenregalia":37qt6ogs said:

That's a nice find. I have an Akili Smith Calgary Stampeders jersey that I'll trade for it...straight up.
Hell no. With the CFL, it's the Blue Bombers or nothing for me.

Rat

Reaction score
fire_marshall_bill":1nudb9am said:
I like coming to this site because you don't get a lot of sanctimonious bandwagon fans who don't want him because he played dirty a few times.
You'll get plenty of that if he signs elsewhere.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":24qe8584 said:
Uncle Si":24qe8584 said:
Could mean the end of Mebane though, right? And if Mebane is gone does that still afford cap space for Maxwell?

The Seahawks made Maxwell on their own. He was made by coaching-up a low draft pick. They can do it again.

Maxwell's overvalued on this board, IMO.

He's not overvalued, he's undervalued see Tharold Simon.

Latest posts