Sherman: No relationship with Wilson

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Hopefully actions speak louder than words and Russ slices and dices the Niners D on Sunday. I don't care if he does it by beating Sherman or not throwing to his side all day. Put up good offensive numbers, get the win, and there won't be a whole lot of talking left to do postgame.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good points Seymour, I was in the stands for that one, and I said to my buddy that I think we just saw a team changing play. But the players on D also gave up 10 points in the 4th quarter. Team loss, I will always stick by my opinion on that one. But yeah, Sherm seems to ignore the fact that the QB will always get the most attention, biggest contract etc. It's the way it is, maybe it's time he learns that. Him saying that he didn't like the way things went with the front office, they did things that HE didn't agree with etc. Just stop man, you're a defensive player, not a front office person.

Steve2222

Reaction score
It wasn’t because he was injured that he wasn’t resigned. Sherman wasn’t resigned because he clearly had a problem with the Seahawks organization and was becoming bigger than the team. Same with Bennett. These guys, though may have been loved by their teammates, were tearing apart the locker room because of their obvious disdain for how things were being run. Bennett was still publicity going after his team while still playing for them last year on the call in the Super Bowl. G** d*** get over it.

Sherman didn’t get a raw deal. He was upset on how the Seahawks ran their organization so the organization gave him his wish and told him bye.

He then goes to the 49ers, a hated rival, who were preseason NFC darlings, on a modest contract, to spite his former team. I’m glad karma got him on that one. Rotting on a soon to be 2-10 team.

If I was at the game Sunday, when he first runs on the field I would give him a standing ovation because he did do a lot of great things for us and is going to be in the Ring of Honor. After that though, he’s just another 49er.

rcaido

Reaction score
Steve2222":2ivixdbl said:
Sherman wasn’t resigned because he was injured. Sherman wasn’t resigned because he clearly had a problem with the Seahawks organization and was becoming bigger than the team. Same with Bennett. These guys, though may have been loved by their teammates, were tearing apart the locker room because of their obvious disdain for how things were being run. Bennett was still publicity going after his team while still playing for them last year on the call in the Super Bowl. G** d*** get over it.

Sherman didn’t get a raw deal. He was upset on how the Seahawks ran their organization so the organization gave him his wish and told him bye.

He then goes to the 49ers, a hated rival, who were preseason NFC darlings, on a modest contract, to spite his former team. I’m glad karma got him on that one. Rotting on a 2-10 team.

How exactly was Bennett tearing up the locker room? Are you talking about the book? As for Sherman, they didn't sign him because of money/unknown from injury...

Seahawks let go a lot of people all the time to save money...We got rid of Haush money, we even got rid of our place kicker to just save a couple thousand. Its a numbers value game for Schneider. That's why we are trading 1st round just to save salary & more value w/ second/third round picks.

Pay Sherman 8-13million who is coming off a major injury or draft up some new players in the draft?

These guys were not cancers to the locker room or they would have been shipped out a long time ago like they did with Harvin.

Slick

Reaction score
I just don't care. Let's play the game.

What I do care about is how many STD's Jimmy Garrrrappppoolllllo contracted going down on that huge-boobied adult entertainer.

Steve2222

Reaction score
rcaido":3cbg73xv said:
Steve2222":3cbg73xv said:
Sherman wasn’t resigned because he was injured. Sherman wasn’t resigned because he clearly had a problem with the Seahawks organization and was becoming bigger than the team. Same with Bennett. These guys, though may have been loved by their teammates, were tearing apart the locker room because of their obvious disdain for how things were being run. Bennett was still publicity going after his team while still playing for them last year on the call in the Super Bowl. G** d*** get over it.

He then goes to the 49ers, a hated rival, who were preseason NFC darlings, on a modest contract, to spite his former team. I’m glad karma got him on that one. Rotting on a 2-10 team.

How exactly was Bennett tearing up the locker room? Are you talking about the book? As for Sherman, they didn't sign him because of money/unknown from injury...

Seahawks let go a lot of people all the time to save money...We got rid of Haush money, we even got rid of our place kicker to just save a couple thousand. Its a numbers value game for Schneider. That's why we are trading 1st round just to save salary & more value w/ second/third round picks.

Pay Sherman 8-13million who is coming off a major injury or draft up some new players in the draft?

These guys were not cancers to the locker room or they would have been shipped out a long time ago like they did with Harvin.

No I’m not talking about his book or his kneeing.

Bennett was one of the players who was named on how he was blowing off Pete’s message to the team. He has also always been vocal on his displeasure of the SB49 call. Why else do you think they gave him away for a bag of peanuts? He was and still is producing at a high level. You just don’t get rid of disruptive DL because you don’t want to pay them, especially when his contract really wasn’t too bad.

Again, you guys are being incredibly naive if you don’t think some of those outspoken, core defensive players act was growing thin with Pete Carroll. The Seahawks were in much need of a culture change.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2yf59hrc said:
What Doug Baldwin said is more critical of the Seahawks -- and was much more direct about it -- than what Richard Sherman said.

Just saying.

As for what Sherman said, there's not really any bulletin board material in there.

What's happening is that in these types of game week media cross-over calls people just BS and repeat Hallmark card phrases about their opponents.

Sherman, on the other hand, didn't do that, and honestly answered the questions that were posed to him.

It only stands out because he was honest rather than repeating bumper sticker slogans, which is what everyone else does.

If you're surprised that Richard Sherman honestly answered the questions that were posed to him, I have trouble believing that you have any familiarity with Richard Sherman.

Bizzaro world where the niner fans are defending Sherm and us Hawk fans are seeing through his fake "mind games"

Sherman purposely chose words like "middle of the road team" and even though his assertion is technically correct record wise, the Seahawks of today are anything but and he knows it.

This phraseology was chosen because he assumed, on his way out of town(and he basically said so), that the Seahawks were a sinking ship. Now that it appears they are one of the best 4 -5 teams in the NFC without him, he is trying to save face about his embarrassing miscalculation.

So while the comments, including the ones about Russ, were far from explosive-you can tell exactly how bitter and ego bruised he is with his snide shots.

James in PA

Reaction score
Richard Sherman making passive aggressive comments? Shocking!!

Guy can still play, but glad him and his drama are gone. I remember the old fun loving, trash talking Sherman. Dude just comes off as so bitter these last few years. I miss the old Richard Sherman. I’m sure he’d say he’s the same person, but he’s not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcaido

Reaction score
Steve2222":1nm3x1ob said:
rcaido":1nm3x1ob said:
Steve2222":1nm3x1ob said:

Bennett was one of the players who was named on how he was blowing off Pete’s message to the team. He has also always been vocal on his displeasure of the SB49 call. Why else do you think they gave him away for a bag of peanuts? He was and still is producing at a high level. You just don’t get rid of disruptive DL because you don’t want to pay them, especially when his contract really wasn’t too bad.

Again, you guys are being incredibly naive if you don’t think some of those outspoken, core defensive players act was growing thin with Pete Carroll. The Seahawks were in much need of a culture change.

Got a link, i dont recall ever reading anything about that except for the book which Carroll denies. As for Bennett again it was age/injury/money/unknown...He had couple years left in his contract. Seahawks wanted to go younger... i sure as hell didn't agree with it, one of my favs and was pissed they let him go. Also was pissed when later found out Patriots were willing to give a 3rd & 5th rounder.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Non story; this is totally what I would expect from him.

I supported his trash-talk and loved his attitude when he was here, I'm not gonna turn around and cry because he's doing it from the other side now.

He's also right, Wilson is mortal, and this is a middle of the road team. Facts are facts.

The only thing I will criticize Sherman for is the same thing I criticized him for when he was here; if you talk the talk, you better walk it. Too often did he hold other entities to standards that he himself was not willing to honor. Claiming the organization somehow wronged him for moving on when he himself called it "business" whenever one of his teammates wanted to threaten to hold out? Okay. I agree with him having the back of his teammates but don't bring the 'business' attitude and then cry when the organization makes the completely logical and expected move to cut you, and don't try to play the "while i was injured' angle when you were doing everything you could to show other teams how healthy and resilient you were.

Playing the diplomat and the troll is tough, he was good at it for a while I guess.

Still, Richard used his mouth early and often - and in doing so did a LOT of good work for charities local and in his home town. Never been in trouble for any of the nonsense other players who do nothing with their fame besides slapping their name on someone else's charity.

If i were going to the game sunday I'd boo him in that uniform but when he's done and hopefully retires a seahawk, no hard feelings.

Steve2222

Reaction score
rcaido":3gd4g1na said:
Steve2222":3gd4g1na said:
rcaido":3gd4g1na said:
Steve2222":3gd4g1na said:

Got a link, i dont recall ever reading anything about that except for the book which Carroll denies. As for Bennett again it was age/injury/money/unknown...He had couple years left in his contract. Seahawks wanted to go younger... i sure as hell didn't agree with it, one of my favs and was pissed they let him go. Also was pissed when later found out Patriots were willing to give a 3rd & 5th rounder.

Google it

Here’s a quick one though

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pete ... ected/amp/

ivotuk

Reaction score
knownone":1sysunrs said:
I find Sherman amusing. I only wish people in the media used his rhetoric against him. It would be really hilarious to watch and he might start revoking press passes again.

Let's see what the argument against Sherman would be using his rhetoric.

Sherman was the product of Pete's system and playing with the greatest safety tandem in NFL history. It's just a fact, look at his success before Carroll and after Carroll, and look at the number of corners who've performed at a high level in Seattle. Sherman was an average corner in college. He's an average corner in San Fran.

I mean, sure, maybe Seattle won't find a guy who will come close to replacing his production in the 5th round... oh, they already did? OMG! It hasn't even been one year. You mean to tell me that since week 6 a first-year converted safety who makes 500k per year has a nearly identical average score according to PFF as a 3x All-Pro who makes 8 million. That's unfortunate...

The Seahawks probably win at least 2 Superbowls if the defense doesn't give up 14 points and allow the Patriots back into the game. Just facts, the defense had a 10 point lead in the final 10 minutes. Don't forget the game in Atlanta in 2012 where the defense allowed Atlanta to score on 5 of their first 6 drives averaging 60 yards per drive and gave up 41 yards in 21 seconds to lose the game in the final minute.

The front office really hurt this team by holding on to so many entitled veteran players with injury risks. If you just look at the veteran players we resigned and held onto the truth is the truth. Think about it, they probably make the playoffs last year if they would have traded Sherm and used that salary space to resign Hauska and sign Wentworth or another lineman in free agency. You would have at least got a 2nd round pick for Sherman and you would have saved a 2nd round pick in the process by signing Wentworth and not trading for Brown. Probably would have been better off not resigning Kam or Bennett too, respect is important but this is a business after all.

I'll be honest, I enjoy using Sherman's technique of using hindsight and warping opinions to state them as facts... It's really kind of fun.

Great story Bro!

I feel bad for Sherman, he's extremely disappointed, but he set himself up for failure. He thought we were going to be a dynasty, and we had that chance, but it's the NFL. Nothing is guaranteed. Now he's riding the wave of despair and rather than look at reality, he wants to blame others, point the finger at Russell and anyone else he can think of.

He's a smart guy, but his emotions are getting the best of him, and it's because he thinks greatness was taken from him by somebody. Russell, Bevell, Jim Moore, the Offense, Pete Carroll. He needs to let go of those resentments and move on with his life.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rcaido":20poz169 said:

Carroll never denied the book thing, he just diplomatically said he never saw Bennett reading in meetings.

You know who never denied it? Sherman and Bennett.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... l-bennett/

It's all good. We've moved on, too bad Sherman hasn't moved on. Wish he could just be positive, but he's still taking shots. Maybe 2-3 more years playing on a 5-11 team will give him the perspective needed to mature and realize maybe he didn't have it so bad here.

But doubt it.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Now he's riding the wave of despair

Something tells me the millions of dollars he's getting to play out the season and not have to worry about playing more than 16 games will be a comforting salve for his despair.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3umckjty said:
rcaido":3umckjty said:

Carroll never denied the book thing, he just diplomatically said he never saw Bennett reading in meetings.

You know who never denied it? Sherman and Bennett.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... l-bennett/

It's all good. We've moved on, too bad Sherman hasn't moved on. Wish he could just be positive, but he's still taking shots. Maybe 2-3 more years playing on a 5-11 team will give him the perspective needed to mature and realize maybe he didn't have it so bad here.

But doubt it.

Bologna!!

"Mike never brought a book to a meeting, I'll tell you that," the Seahawks' coach said Monday.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article209695464.html

rcaido

Reaction score
Steve2222":3454slzg said:
rcaido":3454slzg said:
Steve2222":3454slzg said:
rcaido":3454slzg said:

Google it

Ok....That says nothing that he was a cancer...The quoting on those seem so splice together would love to see a video on that. I've tried googling it and can't find anything that shows he was tearing up the locker room. I honestly want to see these evidence. If anything he seem to protect the QB. He even wrote a book talking how much he like Wilson.

Seymour

Reaction score
Good god. It wasn't Bennett vs Wilson. It was Bennett vs Pete and FO. Not buying in, and always bitching about more $$ and off the field lies and mouth flappin'. Bennett was a huge value DE that never even played the first year of his new deal. He was NOT let go for financial reasons!! You don't find a quality DE for $5M. Jesus, use some common sense. :roll:

Steve2222

Reaction score
rcaido":2o9vb44k said:
Steve2222":2o9vb44k said:
rcaido":2o9vb44k said:
Steve2222":2o9vb44k said:

Google it

Ok....That says nothing that he was a cancer...The quoting on those seem so splice together would love to see a video on that. I've tried googling it and can't find anything that shows he was tearing up the locker room. I honestly want to see these evidence. If anything he seem to protect the QB. He even wrote a book talking how much he like Wilson.

I didn’t say he was cancer. I even said his teammates liked him and still speak highly of him. I said Pete was growing tired of his and Sherman’s act. Probably ET too.

Latest posts