Sounds like we'll add a RB

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2ezqq0pd said:
Seymour":2ezqq0pd said:
Siouxhawk":2ezqq0pd said:
I'm really warming up to the idea of bringing in AP at a feasible price tag. He wants a ring and we're ready to go. He's also quite familiar with our system. I really think he'll be hugely motivated this season and when he's in that frame of mind, look out!

Ready to go? Like where? Worst Oline in the NFL is ready for change not ready to go. I would be for this ONLY if first priority is Oline and they are actually able to compete and not make the Rams and Cards like like contenders.

And motivation doesn't make a huge difference if he is out of gas as last season indicated "could be" the case.
Fair points, but I believe our line will be much better and AP has a couple of highly-productive years left in him. But at the right price.

Osmosis will not effect the oline so you can believe that but there is no indication it will happen. And how could anyone state that AP has "a couple of highly-productive years left in him" at 32, are you god? You can say you believe that, but chose to state as fact?? I'd give him not much better than 50/50 that he has that left. And the Oline he has will be a huge key to that happening as well.

Also, in 2015 when AP led the league in rushing (4.5 YPC average), Thomas Rawls averaged 5.6 YPC for 830 yards splitting time with Marshawn who averaged 3.6 YPC behind that same oline.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The O-line is hit-and-miss, not awful, in regards to run blocking. They're better in that aspect than in pass protection, they're about to have another full offseason of work, and Adrian Peterson is the kind who can wring some production out even despite their issues. Thomas Rawls did.

I would not surprise me if AP ended up in Seattle, and for a higher price than some expect. I wouldn't count on it either, of course, but if you don't give at least a bit of credence to Pete being interested in him, you don't understand how much he values the run game. He doesn't want to run a shotgun offense. What he wants is play action. Badly. AP back there gives him that almost immediately.

The biggest knock against this possibility is AP having just been injured.

chris98251

Reaction score
HawkFan72":222lbcpm said:
Here's the real gem. Peterson wants to come here BECAUSE of Bevell.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/christomasson/status/839251863853740034[/tweet]

Then this.

“What we personally like is [the Raiders’] offensive line,” Nelson Peterson told Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. “The offensive line, they haven’t been playing around. They haven’t been trying to get offensive linemen from the bottom of the barrel and trying to make them into something.”

Seymour

Reaction score
Why is pops Peterson speaking for Adrian on this? Is he the one carrying the bigger stick?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":6ev628ux said:
Siouxhawk":6ev628ux said:
Seymour":6ev628ux said:
Siouxhawk":6ev628ux said:
I'm really warming up to the idea of bringing in AP at a feasible price tag. He wants a ring and we're ready to go. He's also quite familiar with our system. I really think he'll be hugely motivated this season and when he's in that frame of mind, look out!

Ready to go? Like where? Worst Oline in the NFL is ready for change not ready to go. I would be for this ONLY if first priority is Oline and they are actually able to compete and not make the Rams and Cards like like contenders.

And motivation doesn't make a huge difference if he is out of gas as last season indicated "could be" the case.
Fair points, but I believe our line will be much better and AP has a couple of highly-productive years left in him. But at the right price.

Osmosis will not effect the oline so you can believe that but there is no indication it will happen. And how could anyone state that AP has "a couple of highly-productive years left in him" at 32, are you god? You can say you believe that, but chose to state as fact?? I'd give him not much better than 50/50 that he has that left. And the Oline he has will be a huge key to that happening as well.

Also, in 2015 when AP led the league in rushing (4.5 YPC average), Thomas Rawls averaged 5.6 YPC for 830 yards splitting time with Marshawn who averaged 3.6 YPC behind that same oline.
I believe our line will be better and I believe Adrian has at least one signature year left in his tank, even at 32 because he's such a freak athlete. These are not facts, but you have no facts to refute that either. I'll trust Pete and John to make the right decisions to resurrect our running game.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Seymour":2nqdj9cu said:
Why is pops Peterson speaking for Adrian on this? Is he the one carrying the bigger stick?

Same reason Barry Sanders' dad was that one that called him in retired ... maybe it's a RB's dads thing.

chris98251

Reaction score
I would rather have Morris, he has proven to be a short yardage guy also.

Latest posts