Sounds like we'll add a RB

Seafan

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2u1s8awa said:
It was years ago. He deserves a second chance. Besides, it looked as if she put her hands on him first.

I agree but it makes me wonder what team out there is going to give him that chance.

chris98251

Reaction score
I really would like Mixon, the Moral compass can eat it, were talking football player not roll model and mentor to our children, he apologized, paid his penance, did his community service and what not. We based on some people should never give anyone an opportunity for having a record of any type, whether it's domestic violence or a traffic ticket, they are criminals and bad examples to the rest of society.

He should have the right to pursue his career the same as Mike Vick or anyone else that owned up and paid his debt.

He made one mistake as a sophomore, he has not had another situation since of that nature as assault or physical attacks like some players currently in the league had is what I am saying, not something to be proud of, not something he is proud of and something he deeply regrets. He has shown a trend of being a person that has learned from his mistakes.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawkfan68":gxo4wbd4 said:
Uncle Si":gxo4wbd4 said:
Did you read the article?

Yes I did. Here's some snippets from the article -

"In 1989, Sandy Cable sought a temporary order of protection, which said, in part, "On two occasions, one back in '86 and the other in '88, he hit me. The second time in the face, however on attempts to call law enforcement, my husband would rip the phone out of the wall."

"Sandy Cable followed up her former husband's statement with her own Sunday, saying, "He constantly made accusations throughout the relationship. There was never any infidelity on my part. And he did not slap me, he punched me."

Cable said he slapped his then wife, Sandy Cable, in that article. Is that different that hitting someone? To me it's the same thing - it's still hitting someone.

If Schneider is "black and white" in his stance that hitting a woman is a "deal breaker" for the Seahawks then why is Cable on the Seahawk coaching staff?

Aside from that, my point is that I believe Schneider weighs each situation individually. He may look at the Mixon and say no I won't consider him but he may also say this kid has unbelievable talent, let's do a bit more investigation into what happened, interview him see if he's a different guy now, and if he can fit in. Sounds like Mixon has shown remorse for his actions. I guess we'll find out what happens in late April.

And the part where Cables other wife said he was a stand up, non violent husband for like 20 years?

Point here is Clark had charges filed. So did Mixon. Cables situation seems much different

I do agree that nothing is black and white.., but not sure Mixon fits the grey area.

Seafan

Reaction score
chris98251":tvlndrw3 said:
I really would like Mixon, the Moral compass can eat it, were talking football player not roll model and mentor to our children, he apologized, paid his penance, did his community service and what not. We based on some people should never give anyone an opportunity for having a record of any type, whether it's domestic violence or a traffic ticket, they are criminals and bad examples to the rest of society.

He should have the right to pursue his career the same as Mike Vick or anyone else that owned up and paid his debt.

He made one mistake as a sophomore, he has not had another situation since of that nature as assault or physical attacks like some players currently in the league had is what I am saying, not something to be proud of, not something he is proud of and something he deeply regrets. He has shown a trend of being a person that has learned from his mistakes.

Agreed. He'll get a chance with some team.

The funny thing is the outcry from the Ray Rice incident. The NFL had already litigated it. Then an uproar and the NFL goes berserk-knee jerk. I wonder if a crowd of people were to protest at the NFL HQ demanding Mixon be given a chance what the result would be.

I'm not crying for the kid but he definitely deserves a second chance in life and certainly a first chance in the NFL. I wonder if the Hawks spent a dime investigating this one.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3e2m0riv said:
hawkfan68":3e2m0riv said:
Uncle Si":3e2m0riv said:
Did you read the article?

Yes I did. Here's some snippets from the article -

"In 1989, Sandy Cable sought a temporary order of protection, which said, in part, "On two occasions, one back in '86 and the other in '88, he hit me. The second time in the face, however on attempts to call law enforcement, my husband would rip the phone out of the wall."

"Sandy Cable followed up her former husband's statement with her own Sunday, saying, "He constantly made accusations throughout the relationship. There was never any infidelity on my part. And he did not slap me, he punched me."

Cable said he slapped his then wife, Sandy Cable, in that article. Is that different that hitting someone? To me it's the same thing - it's still hitting someone.

If Schneider is "black and white" in his stance that hitting a woman is a "deal breaker" for the Seahawks then why is Cable on the Seahawk coaching staff?

Aside from that, my point is that I believe Schneider weighs each situation individually. He may look at the Mixon and say no I won't consider him but he may also say this kid has unbelievable talent, let's do a bit more investigation into what happened, interview him see if he's a different guy now, and if he can fit in. Sounds like Mixon has shown remorse for his actions. I guess we'll find out what happens in late April.

And the part where Cables other wife said he was a stand up, non violent husband for like 20 years?

Point here is Clark had charges filed. So did Mixon. Cables situation seems much different

I do agree that nothing is black and white.., but not sure Mixon fits the grey area.

Yes I read that part as well. Great that he is stand up now...really good for him but that doesn't take away the fact that he slapped a woman in the first place. Tical21 said that JS statement was black and white. If that was the case, Cable shouldn't be in the Seahawks organization. My intent is to show that it is not as simple as being "black and white". There are a lot of factors in play here.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2a5vkuxr said:
It was years ago. He deserves a second chance. Besides, it looked as if she put her hands on him first.

Oh for chissakes; he followed them in from outside in order to continue the childish name calling spat he and the girl's gay friend were having. What did he expect to happen? Then when this little wisp of a girl gets up and gets in his face he nails her with a haymaker that could have KILLED her! He wasn't fending her off ... he allowed himself to hit her with a potentially fatal level of violence. He's lucky he didn't wind his arse up in jail. The fact that he didn't is all the second chance he's entitled to IMO.

I got no interest whatsoever in seeing Joe Mixon in a Seahawks uniform.

Tical21

Reaction score
Finally found the quote I was looking for.

“In my opinion, if you strike a woman, you’re off our board. I’m sorry, there’s just no two ways about it.”

Schneider hasn't left himself any gray area. I personally don't think he's going to get drafted. You just can't. We are talking months of daily relentless media coverage and negative publicity. Maybe women hosting rallies at your facility. You've really got to sign a deal with the devil. How desperate are you for a running back? I think some team will sign him as a free agent to try to minimize the damage, but there is a zero percent chance it is Seattle.

Seymour

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":s7pdv5gt said:
Mistashoesta":s7pdv5gt said:

Oh for chissakes; he followed them in from outside in order to continue the childish name calling spat he and the girl's gay friend were having. What did he expect to happen? Then when this little wisp of a girl gets up and gets in his face he nails her with a haymaker that could have KILLED her! He wasn't fending her off ... he allowed himself to hit her with a potentially fatal level of violence. He's lucky he didn't wind his arse up in jail. The fact that he didn't is all the second chance he's entitled to IMO.

100% agree. I don't get the persistence here by a few that are downplaying this and attempting to appeal to the board here for "forgiveness" either. Team Policy is set by Paul, Pete, and John and has been clearly stated. And yes Cable I agree with should not be here also, but that is more allegation than proven fact so they have "their out" there.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":bm89b9qt said:
Mistashoesta":bm89b9qt said:

That's what I was getting at earlier. EVEN aside from all of that, it shows that Mixon is a risky ROI. He's really off as a human being and will likely have further issues, IMO.

vin.couve12

Reaction score

Largent80

Reaction score
I watched the Mixon video and really, he shouldn't have hit her, however she did a lot to escalate it and it appeared he was walking away when she started pushing him.

The right thing of course is to just keep walking away.

Not sure if the guy is a thug because he's clean since and before.

Hyak

Reaction score
Mixon is a great case for the "morality" of the NFL after the whole DV thing with Ray Rice.

One bad incident albeit it's a tad atypical because most of the abuse cases are DV with a girlfriend or spouse). The fact that he's been out of trouble and showed some remorse probably helps his case for a 2nd chance.

Some team will take a chance because he can play. Contrast that with Rice and Hardy, at the end of their careers.

Issues aside, he's probably the best RB prospect this year in terms of an all around back.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1lmei86c said:
Yes I read that part as well. Great that he is stand up now...really good for him but that doesn't take away the fact that he slapped a woman in the first place. Tical21 said that JS statement was black and white. If that was the case, Cable shouldn't be in the Seahawks organization. My intent is to show that it is not as simple as being "black and white". There are a lot of factors in play here.
Did you read the part where she committed adultery? There have been murders over adultery reduced to voluntary manslaughter because of the provocation of adultery.

I'm not saying if your wife cheats on you you get to beat on her, but it's not anywhere near the same thing as hitting a woman just because you're a sadistic douchebag.

Tical21

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":6qn79fpw said:
hawkfan68":6qn79fpw said:
Did you read the part where she committed adultery? There have been murders over adultery reduced to voluntary manslaughter because of the provocation of adultery.

I'm not saying if your wife cheats on you you get to beat on her, but it's not anywhere near the same thing as hitting a woman just because you're a sadistic douchebag.
The punishment in the Philippines for murdering a spouse caught in the act of committing adultery is banishment.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Tical21":3t9qdfsr said:
KiwiHawk":3t9qdfsr said:
hawkfan68":3t9qdfsr said:

The punishment in the Philippines for murdering a spouse caught in the act of committing adultery is banishment.
I didn't realize our mods wielded such power in the Philippines.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":2r732xsg said:
I watched the Mixon video and really, he shouldn't have hit her, however she did a lot to escalate it and it appeared he was walking away when she started pushing him.

The right thing of course is to just keep walking away.

Not sure if the guy is a thug because he's clean since and before.

Context...

He and his football friends followed her into a restaurant after a previous verbal encounter where the football players were using homophobic slurs...

Again, I wouldn't care if Mixon was here. But that particular incident shouldn't be marginalized without its context

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":uw9w822r said:
Tical21":uw9w822r said:
KiwiHawk":uw9w822r said:
hawkfan68":uw9w822r said:

I didn't realize our mods wielded such power in the Philippines.

LMFAO, that was clever.