SuberB owl string

253hawk

Reaction score
I don't think teams can wear throwbacks in the playoffs, just modern alternates. Oddly, there's no rule on alternate pants. Would love to see the blue or white jersey with the wolf grey pants...

The '94 Niners got to wear throwback-style because it was the NFL's 75th anniversary that season and all teams got throwbacks to wear (and the SB rule might not have been in place then.)

seahawksny

Reaction score
253hawk":2000fdk0 said:
I don't think teams can wear throwbacks in the playoffs, just modern alternates. Oddly, there's no rule on alternate pants. Would love to see the blue or white jersey with the wolf grey pants...

The '94 Niners got to wear throwback-style because it was the NFL's 75th anniversary that season and all teams got throwbacks to wear (and the SB rule might not have been in place then.)

I dont think those were throwbacks they wore. They wore those the whole year that year just alternated between white and gold pants. They wore that uni i think up until about three years ago when they went back the ugly classic look

253hawk

Reaction score
The numbers had the drop shadows, so they were definitely the 1955 throwbacks.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":aahcjlcs said:
Blue and grey??? Grey and blue?? are those combos possible??

Blue top/Grey pants

Yes- we have worn this one three times. They wear these when the home team opts to wear white.
We wore them first game this year against Carolina, last year against Carolina. Miami last year also - I dont love this combo

Grey top/Blue Pants- Havent seen it yet

seahawksny

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":jt8yflas said:
That Ravens team had a hell of a run last year, and they got their title in right before the window slammed shut for awhile. I mean they may very well make the playoffs this year - but I doubt they win the AFC again. Though that conference is a complete crap shoot so.. who knows

All that said, had Rahim Moore played a pass correctly, they're not in the Super Bowl.. and the Patriots/Broncos are playing the 49ers. That's how small their margin of error was a year ago.

Then coming into this year, Newsome was stuck having to pay Flacco big money given his red hot January.. and the Ravens had a lot of turnover on the defensive side of the football.

So how we specifically differ, well, our cap "problems" wont come to light until the 2014-15 offseason.. our defense will not have substantial turnover like the Ravens did (may lose Bennett and Browner, but the rest should be back) and on offense.. figure that the key players will all be back and 100% healthy.

Dont be surprised if Baltimore makes it again. They have one thing that Denver and NE dont have- A SOLID DEFENSE

James in PA

Reaction score
I actually wouldn't want to see the Hawks wear the home all blue unis if they get to the Super Bowl. It would remind me too much of that travesty known as XL. The Hawks were the "away" team that year too. But the Stealers were on a roll that year in their away whites so they made the Hawks wear blue. If the Hawks were forced into blue jerseys again this year, I'm sure they'd go with the grey pants. The all blue unis are for true home games only.

seahawksny

Reaction score
James in PA":2utgzmyr said:
I actually wouldn't want to see the Hawks wear the home all blue unis if they get to the Super Bowl. It would remind me too much of that travesty known as XL. The Hawks were the "away" team that year too. But the Stealers were on a roll that year in their away whites so they made the Hawks wear blue. If the Hawks were forced into blue jerseys again this year, I'm sure they'd go with the grey pants. The all blue unis are for true home games only.

I think you are right about all blue for true home games. Id like to see them wear what they wore this week. White/Blue.
I dont see any of the AFC teams donning white with the exception of Miami who wont get there because they wear white at home, and Baltimore I could see doing it also