SuberB owl string

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
BreesIsOverrated":13hwm3ea said:
Dumbest thing ever. No reason why teams shouldn't be able to use whatever jersey they want.

IDK, Super Bowl games are timeless, in a way. Would you want to see the Stealers bust out their bumblebee uniforms in the Super Bowl some year? :pukeface:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":rgmswbt4 said:
RolandDeschain":rgmswbt4 said:
Geez, a lot of you guys don't want a dynasty.

Oh, I'd love one. I'm just concerned with getting one Lombardi first.
Sustained excellence will bring more Lombardis to Seattle than selling the farm to get the first one.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I care. I don't want to wake up for at least 5 more years.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Blue and blue, White and blue, or White and grey, just no white and white.

Don't care as long as we win though.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
RolandDeschain":29z3669s said:
Smelly McUgly":29z3669s said:
RolandDeschain":29z3669s said:
Geez, a lot of you guys don't want a dynasty.

Oh, I'd love one. I'm just concerned with getting one Lombardi first.
Sustained excellence will bring more Lombardis to Seattle than selling the farm to get the first one.

The Bills of the early '90s had sustained excellence.

I think it is easy to take your position for some people, but I cannot do it myself. I haven't seen any of my teams win anything in my three-plus decades on this earth. One isn't necessarily enough, but if Seattle was guaranteed to win this year and go 8-8 next year, I would take that over "they will be really good the next six years, but no guarantees on if they ever finish the job." Your mileage may, in fact, vary.

Seafan

Reaction score
There's going to be a big turnover in 2014 but I feel confident the team will compete. SF will have to pay papaki and that will hurt their depth. We will have to pay Sherm/Thomas and a bunch of other guys but I think the Hawks have a good plan and can re-load. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a fall off of wins.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":bfcfpfbw said:

That's the exception for a perennially elite team, though. Name other teams that made that many Super Bowls in a short time frame or close to it and won none of them. The other teams that kept going back won half of them or more. Cowboys, 49ers, Stealers, (in two different eras) Patriots, etc.

NoTurnUnstoned

Reaction score
SilkMonkey":37q8s510 said:
Option 2 would be murder on the wallet....my fiancee would end me...unless I took her. I'd make her marry me after the game in the stadium so we could call it a wedding and make parents pay for it :p
That is just genius.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Steve2222":377p5fx8 said:
I'm either going to the game or if I can't get tickets, I'm going to Vegas.
Good plan. I would do the same but I want to go to the championship parade in downtown Seattle.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
That Ravens team had a hell of a run last year, and they got their title in right before the window slammed shut for awhile. I mean they may very well make the playoffs this year - but I doubt they win the AFC again. Though that conference is a complete crap shoot so.. who knows

All that said, had Rahim Moore played a pass correctly, they're not in the Super Bowl.. and the Patriots/Broncos are playing the 49ers. That's how small their margin of error was a year ago.

Then coming into this year, Newsome was stuck having to pay Flacco big money given his red hot January.. and the Ravens had a lot of turnover on the defensive side of the football.

So how we specifically differ, well, our cap "problems" wont come to light until the 2014-15 offseason.. our defense will not have substantial turnover like the Ravens did (may lose Bennett and Browner, but the rest should be back) and on offense.. figure that the key players will all be back and 100% healthy.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
RolandDeschain":rlkpzq4p said:
Smelly McUgly":rlkpzq4p said:

That's the exception for a perennially elite team, though. Name other teams that made that many Super Bowls in a short time frame or close to it and won none of them. The other teams that kept going back won half of them or more. Cowboys, 49ers, Stealers, (in two different eras) Patriots, etc.

The Minnesota Vikings of the '70s.

HansGruber

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2qlk2e44 said:
Smelly McUgly":2qlk2e44 said:

Denver Broncos of the 1980's

Anthony!

Reaction score
ChiefHawk":2h6hqodp said:
Two reasons:

1 - Russel
2 - Wilson

Poise, drive, and in spite of the records and accolades - humility.

Most of the other teams read too much of their own press and lost sight of reality.

I do not believe Russel will, and that example for the team can prevent others from committing the same mistake.

Agreed.

muxpux

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":865steat said:
Smelly McUgly":865steat said:

i liked the bills then, i was young, they were good. 4 straight years losing was brutal.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Blue and grey??? Grey and blue?? are those combos possible??

Marvin49

Reaction score
253hawk":37kvz1fr said:
No alternate unis are allowed in the Owl, so no wolf greys except for the home playoff games (if we so choose.)

Thats must be a somewhat new rule.

in '94 the 49ers wore their alternates in the Super Bowl. Then again I think the rest of the league wore the throwbacks just once or twice and the Niners asked for permission to wear them all year. May have been special case.

As much as the Seahawks are a rival and I hate admitting anything good about them....those grey top/grey bottom away unis are pretty nice.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":3ka9z9fo said:
As much as the Seahawks are a rival and I hate admitting anything good about them....those grey top/grey bottom away unis are pretty nice.

Yep. If I never saw white uniforms again, I'd be thrilled. Every damn team in the league has white for either home or away; why in the world do we want it, too? :(