The Annual Adopt a Rookie Thread

chet380

Reaction score
Frank Clark -- if he can consistently play to 90% of the level he showed in Game 1 of the pre-season, he'll have a shot for Rookie of the Year.

grizbob

Reaction score
Band wagoneers :roll: He was my pick at the beginning :lol:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm going for the underdog....Terry Poole, OL. Lockett and Clark are going to be solid and have mucho impact this year. So far they've been mixed reports on Poole, some say he's done well but others said he's struggling. Don't know which is more accurate but I think I saw a PFF grade report that mentioned him as the best Seahawk lineman (via their scoring) in preseason. Plus, he's wearing the number 69. Can't go wrong with that number.

Boiler

Reaction score
If the Oregon guys can pick a Duck just because he went to Oregon, then I'm taking Brandon Cottom.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I didn't pick a guy this year amazingly. Wow. Probably would've been Lockett just because I was excited about the trade up.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Lockett and Clark are obvious choices. No guarantee that players pan out, but those two are pretty special. They can be our choice, but not exactly going out on a limb there.

I'm not adhering to this adopt game correctly. Among the less obvious choices, Ronald Martin is doing well. He's looking like he has a legit shot to stick with the team. I incorrectly referred to him as "Sam Martin" in the draft forum months after the draft. Meant Ronald. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=110597&p=1630136&hilit=david+johnson#p1630136

Last year I took RaShaun Allen. He's still around (for now). He's probably an odd man out, though. Could get picked up elsewhere.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
After giving this more thought, I'd like to adopt two rookies...Poole, as I mentioned in an earlier post, and Kasen Williams. I think his NFL career will be better than what he had in college. This guy in his limited targets has been impressive. He made a huge catch at the end of last night's game to get the Seahawks in field goal range and give the chance to win the game. He's got good size and from what I've seen is starting to use that to his advantage. Hopefully the Seahawks can find a way to hold onto him. He could be the missing "Sidney Rice" for the team.