What Are Your Expectations For The 2018 Seahawks?

What Are Your Expectations For The 2018 Seahawks?

• New coaches, new life. The magic returns. 11-5 or better.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I trust Pete and John to continue to deliver a competitive, top 10 team. 10-6 or better.

Votes: 46 37.4%
  • Same ol' same ol'. OL struggles, Russ running for his life. 9-7 at best.

Votes: 41 33.3%
  • Wake up dummies. We are in full blown rebuild mode. 7-9 or worse.

Votes: 21 17.1%

• Total voters

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1j7wnvno said:
original poster":1j7wnvno said:
You'd have to look at some pretty advanced stats but I've come up with this -

The below represents the average time to throw per game for Russ.

Week 1 - 3.2 seconds
Week 2 - 2.6 seconds
Week 3 - 2.91 seconds
Week 4 - 2.94 seconds
Week 5 - 3.08 seconds
Week 6 - BYE
Week 7 - 2.9 seconds
Week 8 - 3.1 seconds
Week 9 - 3.32 seconds
Week 10 - 3.07 seconds
Week 11 - 3.11 seconds
Week 12 - 3.21 seconds
Week 13 - 3.04 seconds
Week 14 - 3.66 seconds
Week 15 - 2.94 seconds
Week 16 -2.99 seconds
Week 17 - 3.07 seconds

Average time to throw before Duane Brown - 2.96 seconds
Average time to throw with Duane Brown - 3.15 seconds

34kb7GO

Edited to add sorry I don't have time to go into rushing improvements (yet) but I will.

I appreciate the legwork, but a difference of not even 20 tenths of a percent isn't exactly earth shattering.

But Russell was sacked 43 times last year, 16 times before Brown was acquired, and 27 times after. Obviously not all his fault, but that's not exactly the shoring up of the protection we were all led to believe would happen after he arrived.

He can't hear you with the mic laying on the floor. :twisted:

Seymour

Reaction score
original poster":2eo7unq3 said:
You've prompted me to really go into this. Give me a day or so and I will start a new post to discuss :2thumbs:

Well I for one believe we improved some. And in the running game I think you will see that as well. My angle is that the overall price outweighed the gain though.

Now if we had gotten TJ Lang instead of Joke.....then I think you see an even bigger improvement personally.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":lstw7ub7 said:
original poster":lstw7ub7 said:
You've prompted me to really go into this. Give me a day or so and I will start a new post to discuss :2thumbs:

Well I for one believe we improved some. And in the running game I think you will see that as well. My angle is that the overall price outweighed the gain though.

Now if we had gotten TJ Lang instead of Joke.....then I think you see an even bigger improvement personally.

If you hate the price last year, just wait until Brown holds out again cause we didn't give him the extension he wanted in Houston.

If we sign Brown to an extension that doesn't make me puke and he plays well for the next 3-4 years? Then I'm OK with what we gave up.

But if he holds out and leaves next year and we gave up a 3rd and 2nd for a rent-a-tackle that didn't even play all that well while he was here? Pete and John REALLY screwed the pooch on this one.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1vwizw0l said:
Seymour":1vwizw0l said:
original poster":1vwizw0l said:

If you hate the price last year, just wait until Brown holds out again cause we didn't give him the extension he wanted in Houston.

If we sign Brown to an extension that doesn't make me puke and he plays well for the next 3-4 years? Then I'm OK with what we gave up.

But if he holds out and leaves next year and we gave up a 3rd and 2nd for a rent-a-tackle that didn't even play all that well while he was here? Pete and John REALLY screwed the pooch on this one.

By price in $$ Brown was a bargain in 2017. I meant giving up a 2nd and a 3rd to someone holding out being too high of a price. If they can get him at LT for around $12M, then I think that is still a decent investment if they can bolster the rest of the line some. BTW I use Whitworth as a comp at 3 years 33M so he is at $11M average.

If Pete and John did not ask the agent what Brown was looking for in his LT contract prior to the deal, then they blew this deal big time from the get go.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The thing for me is..Can we Kick?Can we run?Are we going to be healthy for a change?
If no to all three like last year..I see 5-6 wins..
10-12 wins if all three are going good..
That is assuming the D doesn't get traded off..
back to 5-6 wins if it does..

HawkerD

Reaction score
Unfortunately the team has been unable to hit on enough draft picks/UFAs over the last 4 years creating a bulge of over paid players. Unless they completely rock this draft and hit on undervalued FAs the only place to go is down. The main issue isn't the regression of the Seahawks but rather other teams coming on strong with younger, healthy talent. The Rams are for real and I think you will see great improvement in the 49ers. It will be exceedingly difficult to come out of the West with wild card, much less a division title.

D

DomeHawk

As long as we have a top QB we'll always have a chance but much of the strength of this team is gone. Too many question marks to be anything but realistic, we are not elite.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
With the apparent dismantling of the defense that has begun today and the fact we’ve got almost a totally new coach staff, it’s gonna be rough. If the Cards get a QB and the 49ers have a good offseason, I see the Hawks as the worst team in the division this year.

Steve2222

Reaction score
A Russell Wilson led team is good for at least 9 wins every year. I’ll say 9 as of right now.

chris98251

Reaction score
Expectations are starting to swirl in the porcelain bowl today, hopefully they just swirl and it's not a full flush.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
They need to sign Carlos Hyde when the 49ers let him go, and then they need to become more of an offensive juggernaut. They have the QB and WR for it, and if they get Hyde they'll have a quality power back.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I take it back.

5-6 wins. Maybe.

If they stop making any other FO moves that jettison solid players.

(They need to be careful. Seattle LOVES a winner. But we will drop a loser quick. Those #12 flags will disappear overnight if we hit a 4 win season)

THE TABS

Reaction score
I voted 9-7. As of right now, I’m skeptical as to if we’re really aware of what needs to be done. Getting rid of proven players that are still playing at a high level just for the sake of saving cap space isn’t smart IMO. You’re creating more problems than you’re solving.

To me, this team does NOT need to rebuild; they need to re-tool. I would keep the defense in tact, and go all in on fixing the offensive line, and by fixing, I mean NOT converting badminton players into linemen, and I mean NOT signing other team’s garbage that can’t play. I mean FIXING this once and for all. We draft a guard that can block Aaron Donald, and find a right tackle that can pass protect. I’m good with Brown, Pocic, and Britt. Hopefully Mike Solari can turn this into a cohesive unit.

It all starts with that unit. Protect RW at all costs. Every other area takes a back seat to that.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Trust the FO. This teams needs to get younger and hungrier. I find it comedic that fans are flipping out over the fact that JS is doing the same type of GM moves that Belichick does every offseason.

Steve2222

Reaction score
12thbrah":2xqvdj2x said:
Trust the FO. This teams needs to get younger and hungrier. I find it comedic that fans are flipping out over the fact that JS is doing the same type of GM moves that Belichick does every offseason.

This. Seattle sport fans can let go of their beloved stars however. Seeing it right now with Mariners with Ichiro.