Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Shane Waldron

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 37 17.7%

• Total voters

Fade

Reaction score
Ben Johnson Lions OC, bringing Jesse Minter in from Michigan as the DC.

Or Mike MacDonald Ravens DC and let him choose an OC from college.

No chance Harbaugh comes here. He is going to want full control just like Pete did, JS is the leader of the Seahawks organization now.
That's a good point. JS is now the lead dude. Jim is not coming here.

They gotta be looking at cutting edge coordinators. And you just named the best OC and DC in the league.

Jase

Reaction score
I'm torn on Harbaugh. I really don't like the guy but there's no question he's a good coach. It would be hard to think that he wouldn't be successful here. He'd probably bring a lot of media coverage with him, would probably even help attract free agents, and maybe add some extra spark to the whiner rivalry. It's sort of intriguing, even if I think he's a goofy douche.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think Johnson is my pick. What he's done with Goff in Detroit is impressive. I'm not excited for Quinn like most are. I'm sure the defense would improve though so there's that.

I'm just excited for something new regardless of who it is.
I think right now Johnson is my guy too. He won’t want GM control or at least be fine without having it, young offensive mind too. I like Quinn but it’s an uninspiring pick that feels like we’re just laterally moving a little and trying to keep the old guard stay….doesnt make sense to me. Gotta take a chance here I think

Seattle Person

Reaction score
I don't see John Schneider going after guys like Harbaugh and Vrabel because they seem like they would want some control over decisions. Schneider is going to hire someone that he knows he can work with and will be able to fit into the mold of this team. Not necessarily someone that will go over him. Harbaugh has so much leverage and gets to pick the perfect situation for him. As in he wants to be football operations. I don't think Seattle appeals to him.

I want the team to target a young offensive mind. Not because I think the crop this year is the most qualified. I actually think Harbaugh and Quinn are probably the most qualified based on past experiences. I want the offense approach because I honestly think it's so much harder to find good offensive coordinators than defensive coordinators. O.Cs with 1 good year are pretty much head coach candidates. If they have 2 good years then it's pretty much a lock. Teams want a stable offensive approach. D.Cs are important too but you can find those easier.

I assume you would want a young QB to mold. Then a young offensive head coach is someone you'll probably want to attach to him. After all, this team overall is not in horrible shape. You put in 2 solid off-seasons and with a stud QB then I think the Seahawks have a real shot. JS will have his chance to truly mold this roster to how he wants it.

Offense:
  • QB: Probably needs a QBOTF
  • RB: 2 stud young RBs with 1 drafted last season. They are young and cheap.
  • WR: 2 expensive WRs. 1 stud young WR.
  • TE: Need to go young here
  • LT: Good LT
  • LG: Need someone
  • C: Can Olu Olu step up?
  • RG: Can Bradford be more consistent?
  • RT: Can Lucas be relied on?
Defense:
  • CBs: Pretty good spot. 1 stud CB. 1 good CB. Decent depth in Tre Brown.
  • FS/SS: Diggs & Adams -- you have to be a little ruthless here. It's a violent position and you can't have 2 aging dudes making over $20m. These are easy decisions.
  • Edge: Mafe, Hall, Taylor, Nwosu. Great depth.
  • DTs: This is weird for me. Why is this group underwhelming every season?
  • LBs: Get some dudes. You need coverage LBs. This is how the NFL is played now. You need speed now.

12forlife

Reaction score
Seriously I think this is a no brainer. With the stars aligning Pete fired the same off-season that Harbaugh may be available? You have to put all efforts towards getting him in Seattle. The rivalry with the whiners would get intense! I believe he would have us back to contenders in 2-3 yrs. Plus he more then likely brings DC Jesse Minter with him! If we are unable to land Harbaugh, then it's between Quinn, Johnson & McDonald for me right now?

James in PA

Reaction score
Kicking the Niners' assess twice a year would be VERY appealing to Harbaugh. Do we want a guy that's easy to joke around with or do we want to win?

seahawks08

Reaction score
Harbaugh will be great for rivalry but I really don’t know if his demeanor translates well to an NFL team where a GM is currently in control.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
What is it about Quinns resume that makes anyone think he would be a winning coach here?
On Seattle staff for SB run. Led Falcons to SB. Turned around Cowboys defense quickly. This is all available information and common knowledge, so I guess the better response is to ask what you see that makes him a bad fit in Seattle?

Chevy

Reaction score
I was going to make a seperate post about why Ben Johnson should be our #1 target as the Seahawks new head coach, but Rob at Seahawksdraftblog already had a great article posted,this morning, about Johnson.

I like that Johnson is intelligent, he as a degree in math. He is a former college QB (North Carolina). He is young and can relate with players. He would be a good transition from Pete's personality wise for our current players. Johnson was asked why he likes to coach and his quick response was relationships, which I think is an underrated trait in a coach. He sounds amazing in interviews. Also, Johnson has proven to be a bit of a chess master when it comes to scheming and play calling as the OC with the Lions.

Watch the videos below and you can see that he is great at coaching/communicating with the QBs at the Senior Bowl. His personality would also work very well with JS. Johnson could come here with the promise that we will get him a talented rookie QB to develop.

Last edited:

fenderbender123

Reaction score
On Seattle staff for SB run. Led Falcons to SB. Turned around Cowboys defense quickly. This is all available information and common knowledge, so I guess the better response is to ask what you see that makes him a bad fit in Seattle?

Look at his overall record at Atlanta.

Took over a team that already had Matt Ryan and Julio Jones in their prime, as well as an okay defense.

His second year, the team improved, and they got to the super bowl. However, they lost that super bowl in the worse choke job in the history of the NFL. Biggest embarrassment ever.

Year 3 = losing record
Year 4 = losing record
Year 5 = starts 0-5 and gets fired.

I guess my point is that years 3-5, the team is more his team than what he inherited. And it was total shit.

So yeah, no thanks. Great coordinator, though.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Harbough wore his welcome out with the 9ers, players and organization, why would anyone want that here? Won’t happen. Up until he won against Ohio same damn thing with Michigan ok wearing his welcome out.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Look at his overall record at Atlanta.

Took over a team that already had Matt Ryan and Julio Jones in their prime, as well as an okay defense.

His second year, the team improved, and they got to the super bowl. However, they lost that super bowl in the worse choke job in the history of the NFL. Biggest embarrassment ever.

Year 3 = losing record
Year 4 = losing record
Year 5 = starts 0-5 and gets fired.

I guess my point is that years 3-5, the team is more his team than what he inherited. And it was total shit.

So yeah, no thanks. Great coordinator, though.
Shanahan was his OC though was he not? So while I get your point m, seems people want to cherry pick that SB loss and leave out the OC and DC involved as well

Latest posts