Will Christine Michael be active for the Superb Owl?

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sigh. This is what happens when a team has DEPTH. The drafted players need to fight tooth and nail to get playing time. I don't understand people who criticize last years draft class when many if the players ended up hurt or at the end of the depth chart. The draft is just as much about the future of the team. It is a huge mistake to judge a draft class before one season is even over, especially when the team is in the SB. Pete has told us why Michael doesn't play. Why do you choose not to believe when the explanation makes perfect sense? Because you'd rather believe a YouTube highlight real than a coach who built a Super Bowl team? I look forward to seeing Michael play. But I understand why it's not happening this year. Wilson takes too many hits as it is. If that means the #2 rb goes to the better blocker in Turbin, I accept that. It makes sense. It shouldn't go to the better straight line runner in garbage time. There is more to rb in this system than that.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
He ain't playing obviously...BUT...can you imagine the terror the Broncos D would be feeling if all of a sudden there are some plays being called with Percy and Michael out there together? Probably the 2 most explosive athletes on either team running plays the Donks had no way to prepare for? That would be pretty ballsy, and so awesome if it worked

olyfan63

Reaction score
Don't expect CMike will be active except under unusual circumstances.
Like others said, he's had his shot to prove it. We'll just call it a redshirt year.

Look at Kearse, coming from the practice squad to making clutch TD catches in NFC Championship game. It was all about effort and competing. I still have big hopes for CMike. Maybe being left off the actives for SB will light a fire under him. We'll need him in a couple years when Lynch wears down.

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
Heyseed":n2cup1a1 said:
The worst draft pick in Seahawks history OMG

Really? Christine is a beast and just as talented (if not moreso) than the other rookie RBs taken this year but due to our depth hasn't seen the field. There's no harm in a guy having a redshirt year. Go back and watch some of his play in the pre-season if you forget how good this guy runs. Unfortunately, Marshawn's DUI is going to catch up to him at some point in the form of missed games IMO, not to mention he's nearing the wrong side of 30 with a running style as violent as anybody in the league, that wall is coming. Factor in the number of key guys we're going to need to sign in the next couple of years and I can't see Beast being here much longer when the team can save money by using a cheaper and younger option, and, when he does move on, CMike is going to be ready.

Cartire

Reaction score
BC-Hawk":1llk22pw said:
Heyseed":1llk22pw said:
The worst draft pick in Seahawks history OMG

Really? Christine is a beast and just as talented (if not moreso) than the other rookie RBs taken this year but due to our depth hasn't seen the field. There's no harm in a guy having a redshirt year. Go back and watch some of his play in the pre-season if you forget how good this guy runs. Unfortunately, Marshawn's DUI is going to catch up to him at some point in the form of missed games IMO, not to mention he's nearing the wrong side of 30 with a running style as violent as anybody in the league, that wall is coming. Factor in the number of key guys we're going to need to sign in the next couple of years and I can't see Beast being here much longer when the team can save money by using a cheaper and younger option, and, when he does move on, CMike is going to be ready.

First, lynch is 27. He's three seasons away from even being 30. So let's just slow down the wrong side of 30 talk.

Second, Beastmode's salary isn't all that bad for being one of the best backs in the league. He'll make 5 million next year with another $500k in incentives. He isn't even in the convo as a cap casualty. Besides our post-CBA contract players, he has far outplayed his contract unlike others on the team.

Third, CMike had some explosive plays during preseason. Preseason. He also had a ton of runs fizzle out behind the line as he was trying to be too cute. Kid may end up being great. Kid might not. But there seems to be this NON-factually accepted idea that because he can spin and juke real fast a couple times, that he's so much better then he has actually proved. That he is somehow the most dynamic, explosive player on the team. You know who else has that great quick speed and elusiveness and flashed hardcore his rookie year? Justin Forsett. Liked him a lot, but he was never going to be a featured like some people thought he could be.

plyka

Reaction score
misfit":2wv024ay said:
Dare I dream? :stirthepot:

I would keep CM active and on the roster for the superbowl. I know the odds are low, but just imagine BeastMode getting hurt in the 1st quarter. Is this team really going to go with Turbin in the superbowl? Turbin seems like a good guy, but he is like a 2nd string QB --not one of the best 32-50 RBs in the league. Christine has the ability to be in the top 30. He has all the talent in the world.

In the case of the unthinkable, in this highly leveraged position where the reward is always worth the risk, you have to have CM there "Just in case." Seriously, do we need a no name backup special teams player or Christine Michael, in case the unthinkable were to happen?

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Don't see him being activated. They won't change their winning formula they used all season. Plyka thoughts make sense though.

I felt before the Draft C mike was getting picked. Team needed and needs WR talent, but used their first round pick, and more, on Percy. So another RB for a run first team makes sense. When Lynch was out the offense could not run the ball and making the offense stagnant. C MIKE might be the guy to step in if that occurs. We won't see yet, but we will.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
Unfortunately, CMike has had an entire season of 'Competition Wednesdays' to prove his worth on the active roster, and for whatever reason has failed to do so, with the exception of a couple plays in garbage time against Jacksonville. That is a significant indictment for a second round pick on this team. I am as disappointed as anyone by his irrelevance, some of which is directed at JS for using high draft capital on a redshirt project. Maybe it had as much to do with keeping him off the roster of a division rival. Who knows. Back-end-draft players like Bailey and Bowie have both competed their way onto the active roster at times this season, as well as Spencer Ware before his injury. It is quite telling for me that CMike has not competed his way into any role whatsoever this season.

Latest posts