Anybody else feeling uneasy about this game?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Reading through some of the posts here I get the feeling that most of you are expecting this to be an easy win Saturday. Unfortunately I dont have the same level of confidence.

Going into last years divisional game, it felt like destiny was on our side. But for this game, theres too many storylines putting the Panthers in that dangerous David vs Goliath scene. Think about all the adversity theyre battling through. The quarterback survives a violent car crash, the coach's house burns down, and now they're 11+ point underdogs heading into the defending champions house.

I can just picture the storylines of how reselient they were to come in here with nothing to lose and shock the world. Does anyone else feel this way, or do I need to quit worrying and shut up? :180670: :34853_tinfoil:

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I mean, I feel uneasy the same way I feel uneasy that my opponent might hit his miracle card and draw out on me in poker. There are no guarantees in any NFL game.

That said, we win this the vast majority of the time, so obviously you don't have to fear it as if a bad result is at all likely.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I worry before every game, especially playoff games. And Jordan Hill being out worries me too.

But I still expect the Hawks to win. The Hawks are the better team and we're at home.

Erebus

Reaction score
I'm not worried. I think we may start out slow like always, but we'll pull away in the 4th quarter.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
No. This Hill business is getting way out of control on people's fear meters. The team will execute without him just fine against Carolina.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":36zy4pj1 said:
I'm nervous for sure..........Panthers are playing good ball right now.

I think the folks predicting a blowout are off-base, honestly.

Carolina has played us tight in every single game over the last few years, and while you can point to the road game, 10AM start thing, that doesn't magically turn a close game into a blowout.

They've got a QB who has a skillset like Kaepernick, and they have a defense like the Rams (Rams are better along the D-line, but the Panthers have superior LBs). Plus, they like to run the ball. That's the kind of team that can give us fits.

That said, I completely believe we will win. I just don't think it's going to be easy.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":37u24h2k said:
No. This Hill business is getting way out of control on people's fear meters. The team will execute without him just fine against Carolina.

We will find out. If not against Carolina, Dallas for sure.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Yea I guess so. I mean, my attitude is that come playoffs, anything less than your best effort and performance will cause you to lose. There are a lot of things that could happen that could lead to a Seahawk loss. But I believe that this team will not lose so long as they show up ready and play up to their potential, because they are the better team. And I definitely think they will do that in a primetime playoff game.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1lvwyiu9 said:

Exactly. The Panthers are rolling (against admittadly weaker teams than the Hawks have faced) but theyre as good a team as any of the 8 remaing. Plus the past 3 years games have that similar slug fest style to them like any divisional game

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
As long as the players aren't thinking like some of the posters here and some media types are I think we'll be just fine. But always uneasy, thinking about it today, how bad it felt after...Atlanta in 2012-2013 divisional round, although that lit the SB run, still hurt like heck!

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Not uneasy one bit.

Score may not reflect it, but this game will not be in doubt and Hawks will roll

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Blitzer88":x9no7bbu said:
And the Hawks aren't?

Sometimes it's more about this team than any other. If the Hawks play their game, I don't care how well the panthers have been playing, they don't stand a chance

IndyHawk

Reaction score
At Home ..In the playoffs and in Prime time...I'm pumped ,not worried...

Hawknballs

Reaction score
nope.

MD70k.HiRe.5.jpg