9er fans bailing in droves.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sweet...

49er fans reliving their favorite fan moments... on a Seahawks board.

Anyways... the 9ers will be fine. It may be a couple years of reset, but nothing in the NFL lasts too long (good or bad). The Patriots are an exception, not a rule.

The Browns are the Browns.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":k7chqycf said:
Sweet...

49er fans reliving their favorite fan moments... on a Seahawks board.

Anyways... the 9ers will be fine. It may be a couple years of reset, but nothing in the NFL lasts too long (good or bad). The Patriots are an exception, not a rule.

Hey...ya gotta give us something. Its been rough for the past few months. :D

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2kaat2bb said:

I think the emerging fear among some 9ers fans (and I'm not making a comment on the validity of this) is that although nothing in the NFL tends to last too long and despite this recently ended run of success, as it is with the Browns it is with the Redskins: Bad ownership is one of the few things in the NFL that can last a lifetime.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":szhnibft said:
Uncle Si":szhnibft said:

I think the emerging fear among some 9ers fans (and I'm not making a comment on the validity of this) is that although nothing in the NFL tends to last too long and despite this recently ended run of success, as it is with the Browns it is with the Redskins: Bad ownership is one of the few things in the NFL that can last a lifetime.

Amazing tho how quickly opinions change....

12 months ago Jed was a hero. He hired Trent and Jim, restored the team to prominence, and got the first NFL stadium built in CA in 50 years when SOOOO many people were saying he couldn't do it.

Now he's a pariah.

Makes ya wonder...which perception was wrong?

NorCal

Reaction score
Meh. 2500 seats up for resale isn't that much in my opinion. Plus, I do think it will take a couple of years for the stadium to settle in with the fans. Its only been one season. Of course, this huge clusterf**k of an offseason doesn't help. But, just like any offseason in the NFL, once the real games start up again, the fans will return happy to watch some football.

And as to Jed, I give him tons (if not most) of the credit for getting a stadium built. It cannot be said enough how difficult it is to get a stadium in CA these days. But, that being said, I do place most of the blame on the Harbaugh disaster on him.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Nice picture. Meanwhile, in Niner land...

a-funny-pictures-wtf-3-23-09-22.jpg

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":2567eu2t said:
Nice picture. Meanwhile, in Niner land...

a-funny-pictures-wtf-3-23-09-22.jpg

:D

Well....at least I won't have to hear as much "Niners are old" talk on .net anymore. :)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":1zu64sko said:
:D

Well....at least I won't have to hear as much "Niners are old" talk on .net anymore. :)

:th2thumbs:

rideaducati

Reaction score

That post makes zero sense. To compare the Seahawks to a sinking ship is just dumb...especially NOW and ESPECIALLY from a whiner fan.

Marvin49

Reaction score
sc85sis":36la8mi9 said:
Ticket prices for sporting events in general are ridiculously high now.

Kinda why I got season tix.

I've been dropping $250 to $300 for a ticket at Candlestick for YEARS because decent seats were all taken by Season Ticket Holders.

I figured I'd rather be the guy with the less expensive tix ($125), choose the games I want to go to and pay for those by selling the rest.

Much nicer on this side of things. :)

Also why I didn't have much sympathy for Candlestick Season Ticket holders complaining about the SBLs. MANY of them had essentially been able to see 4 or 5 games a year for free by selling the rest.

TAB420

Reaction score
Marvin49":2oiup90y said:
sc85sis":2oiup90y said:
Ticket prices for sporting events in general are ridiculously high now.

Kinda why I got season tix.

I've been dropping $250 to $300 for a ticket at Candlestick for YEARS because decent seats were all taken by Season Ticket Holders.

I figured I'd rather be the guy with the less expensive tix ($125), choose the games I want to go to and pay for those by selling the rest.

Much nicer on this side of things. :)

Also why I didn't have much sympathy for Candlestick Season Ticket holders complaining about the SBLs. MANY of them had essentially been able to see 4 or 5 games a year for free by selling the rest.

Smart move Marvin.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":1983e4f3 said:
Popeyejones":1983e4f3 said:
Marvin49":1983e4f3 said:
Perhaps they can sell their tix to peeps who can now better afford them who will appreciate them more than those selling the tix did.

This is the positive spin I'm hoping for too. I still haven't been to Levi's*, but from everyone I've talked to who has gone last year was really out of whack with regards to revenue generation (pretty clearly a huge amount of season tickets becoming Valley company tickets; Jed's wet dream worked) and fan experience (season tickets held by actual 9ers fans rather than corporate entities). Did you get this sense too, or no?

*My last game was the Bowman INT against Atlanta at the last regular season Candlestick game; I moved to Canada for work two years ago.

I was at that game too...Bowmans INT. :)

Levis was the shiny new toy. Everyone wanted to get a piece of it. I knew right away that I couldn't make every game and selling 5 of my games got me enough $$$ to pay for the next 1.5 seasons worth of Season tickets.

Hell...I was out of town for thanksgiving and sold my seats that I purchased for $250 for $1200.

Once the newness wears off on the place and the peeps who never should have had tickets to begin with (you know, the ones who saw three NFCCGs and a new building and assumed that would continue forever) sell their tickets to fans who really do want to be Niner fans win or lose, things will change. Pac Bell/AT&T went through something similar when it first opened. Now its one of the more intimidating home fields in MLB.

The fan experience was a big deal to the 49ers. The whole stadium is designed around it. Good food, wifi, clubs all over the place....but unfortunately too many people were buying tix to one game from SBL holders and every week you had a new flood of peeps who just wanted to check out the new building, go into the clubs (and they paid a lot of money to do so...can't really blame them), walk around the concourse, check out the museum, check out the team store, etc. It became the "new place to be" (especially early on) and that showed with ALOT of peeps who weren't even necessarily Niner fans but just wanted to "check it out".

I got a ton of requests for my tix myself...from peeps who were fans of OTHER TEAMS. My boss is a Raiders fan and he asked about my tix because he wanted to go to a game. He was annoyed when I told him I'd sold them for 2.5x face value. I have another friend and she asked about my tix and she doesn't even like football.

Eventually, all those peeps who "just want to check it out" will be gone and the peeps in the stands will be actual Niner fans.

That's my take anyway.
Nice post Marv,I wonder if you have ever sold a ticket to a Hawk fan off this board,I think it would be interesting if Aros or NY Coug watched the Niners/Hawks play with you.Anyway as for the new fans just to see the place,I wonder if QWest had that same thing happen.I wasn't around this board way back but our fans are pretty die hard so I dunno..

Marvin49

Reaction score
IndyHawk":woy3skzr said:
Marvin49":woy3skzr said:
Popeyejones":woy3skzr said:
Marvin49":woy3skzr said:
Perhaps they can sell their tix to peeps who can now better afford them who will appreciate them more than those selling the tix did.

This is the positive spin I'm hoping for too. I still haven't been to Levi's*, but from everyone I've talked to who has gone last year was really out of whack with regards to revenue generation (pretty clearly a huge amount of season tickets becoming Valley company tickets; Jed's wet dream worked) and fan experience (season tickets held by actual 9ers fans rather than corporate entities). Did you get this sense too, or no?

*My last game was the Bowman INT against Atlanta at the last regular season Candlestick game; I moved to Canada for work two years ago.

I was at that game too...Bowmans INT. :)

Levis was the shiny new toy. Everyone wanted to get a piece of it. I knew right away that I couldn't make every game and selling 5 of my games got me enough $$$ to pay for the next 1.5 seasons worth of Season tickets.

Hell...I was out of town for thanksgiving and sold my seats that I purchased for $250 for $1200.

Once the newness wears off on the place and the peeps who never should have had tickets to begin with (you know, the ones who saw three NFCCGs and a new building and assumed that would continue forever) sell their tickets to fans who really do want to be Niner fans win or lose, things will change. Pac Bell/AT&T went through something similar when it first opened. Now its one of the more intimidating home fields in MLB.

The fan experience was a big deal to the 49ers. The whole stadium is designed around it. Good food, wifi, clubs all over the place....but unfortunately too many people were buying tix to one game from SBL holders and every week you had a new flood of peeps who just wanted to check out the new building, go into the clubs (and they paid a lot of money to do so...can't really blame them), walk around the concourse, check out the museum, check out the team store, etc. It became the "new place to be" (especially early on) and that showed with ALOT of peeps who weren't even necessarily Niner fans but just wanted to "check it out".

I got a ton of requests for my tix myself...from peeps who were fans of OTHER TEAMS. My boss is a Raiders fan and he asked about my tix because he wanted to go to a game. He was annoyed when I told him I'd sold them for 2.5x face value. I have another friend and she asked about my tix and she doesn't even like football.

Eventually, all those peeps who "just want to check it out" will be gone and the peeps in the stands will be actual Niner fans.

That's my take anyway.
Nice post Marv,I wonder if you have ever sold a ticket to a Hawk fan off this board,I think it would be interesting if Aros or NY Coug watched the Niners/Hawks play with you.Anyway as for the new fans just to see the place,I wonder if QWest had that same thing happen.I wasn't around this board way back but our fans are pretty die hard so I dunno..

No idea.

I use NFL Ticket Xchange and it doesn't tell you who got your tix. They just take their cut and give you the rest.

BTW...nice little racket they got there. They get the initial ticket price plus a 10% to 15% cut of the resale value as well. Gotta love the NFL.

Can't speak for QWest, but I'd imagine its a fairly common phenomenon...although it had been so long since there has been a new football venue maybe its worse here? No idea. Just speculating.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":2pysgnc5 said:
No idea.

I use NFL Ticket Xchange and it doesn't tell you who got your tix. They just take their cut and give you the rest.

BTW...nice little racket they got there. They get the initial ticket price plus a 10% to 15% cut of the resale value as well. Gotta love the NFL.

Can't speak for QWest, but I'd imagine its a fairly common phenomenon...although it had been so long since there has been a new football venue maybe its worse here? No idea. Just speculating.

It's Century Link Marv...

Why would you buy season tickets to Jordache Stadium just to go to three games a year?

Laloosh

Reaction score
rideaducati":156n29dk said:
Marvin49":156n29dk said:
No idea.

It's Century Link Marv...

Why would you buy season tickets to Jordache Stadium just to go to three games a year?

I think he said he basically gets to watch the games for free by reselling the other 5 games at a profit. As long as the tickets keep selling, seems like a pretty good deal.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Marvin49":1p2saahb said:
Good riddance.

If this season was enough for you to sell your tix, then you shouldn't have purchased them to begin with. This the type of embarrassing BS that gives Niner fans a bad name. I've also read about fans wanting to put up a billboard to get Jed to quit. Also seen some peeps who want to sue for their money back.

This is the height of stupidity. Any lawsuit will be laughed out of court and the York family just made 100 mil more this year than last so I'm sure a billboard is going to make all the difference.

WAY too many fans who bought under some strange preconception that the team would always be good or that Harbaugh would never leave. Its pathetic.

Niners don't care...they already got their money.

BTW...should also be noted that I never sold any of my tix for less that 2.5 times the purchase price, and that includes the final week of the season.

Notice my shocked face....Californians suing for...well, anything.

It has been a hellacious offseason for you guys, but any fan base would really be jumping if all this crap happened. We're a society of over reactors now with the information age and social media. I do agree that SF has a lot of bandwagon fans that seem to forget that just 4 years ago, the team sucked.

Latest posts