9er fans bailing in droves.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Largent80":mxpwr72b said:
For Livinginhawktown.......

IICHSKz

What was this thread about again ?

Thanks Largent80. I needed something to do tonight.

irocdave

Reaction score

You wouldn't happen to work for a company that's sends you to the middle east often would you? First name starts with an S, last name starts with N?

OkieHawk

Reaction score
irocdave":ju6u0usd said:

You wouldn't happen to work for a company that's sends you to the middle east often would you? First name starts with an S, last name starts with N?

Satan?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":37ms4wj5 said:
rideaducati":37ms4wj5 said:
Marvin49":37ms4wj5 said:
No idea.

I use NFL Ticket Xchange and it doesn't tell you who got your tix. They just take their cut and give you the rest.

BTW...nice little racket they got there. They get the initial ticket price plus a 10% to 15% cut of the resale value as well. Gotta love the NFL.

Can't speak for QWest, but I'd imagine its a fairly common phenomenon...although it had been so long since there has been a new football venue maybe its worse here? No idea. Just speculating.

It's Century Link Marv...

Why would you buy season tickets to Jordache Stadium just to go to three games a year?

I think he said he basically gets to watch the games for free by reselling the other 5 games at a profit. As long as the tickets keep selling, seems like a pretty good deal.

Bingo.

Or in last years case I went to 5 games and sold the rest to pay for a full seasons and a half. Paid for last year tix, setup an account to buy and sell tix from. Paid for this years season tix a month or so ago out of that account and still have enough in there for half of next years tix and haven't yet sold any tix for this year.

Not a bad deal...effectively going to 4 or 5 games a year for free. I suspect tho it won't be that easy this year as the teams fortunes will likely have a big effect on resale value.

BTW..I went to more than three games last year...there are 10 home games counting preseason. I was able to get just over face value for preseason and no less than 2.5 times face for regular season.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":1i7jm7qy said:
Marvin49":1i7jm7qy said:
No idea.

I use NFL Ticket Xchange and it doesn't tell you who got your tix. They just take their cut and give you the rest.

BTW...nice little racket they got there. They get the initial ticket price plus a 10% to 15% cut of the resale value as well. Gotta love the NFL.

Can't speak for QWest, but I'd imagine its a fairly common phenomenon...although it had been so long since there has been a new football venue maybe its worse here? No idea. Just speculating.

Why would you buy season tickets to Jordache Stadium just to go to three games a year?

I'm aware it's the CLink, but I was responding to the previous poster who called it QWest because I think that's what it was called when it opened.

irocdave

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2rm4msg0 said:
irocdave":2rm4msg0 said:

Satan?

If he's the person I think he is, no, not satan. Just a hardcore niner fan. Hard worker, good dude, just has a niner fan edge.

NorCalSeahawkFan

Reaction score
Marvin49":85z6brdg said:
rideaducati":85z6brdg said:
Marvin49":85z6brdg said:
No idea.

I'm aware it's the CLink, but I was responding to the previous poster who called it QWest because I think that's what it was called when it opened.

It opened as Seahawks Stadium

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":1yf1kd0m said:
rideaducati":1yf1kd0m said:
Marvin49":1yf1kd0m said:
No idea.

No, it was called Seahawks Stadium when it opened.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":h8p57dtk said:
Marvin49":h8p57dtk said:
rideaducati":h8p57dtk said:
Marvin49":h8p57dtk said:
No idea.

Don't jump on Marvin.I called it QWest,forgot that for a short while it was Hawks Stadium.He was just responding to me.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1b4mftsw said:
Sports Hernia":1b4mftsw said:
Marvin49":1b4mftsw said:
rideaducati":1b4mftsw said:
No idea.

Don't jump on Marvin.I called it QWest,forgot that for a short while it was Hawks Stadium.He was just responding to me.
Not jumping on him, just correcting him.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I was just giving Marvin a hard time...I thought that was expected around here ;)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rideaducati":2cf5o3tk said:
I was just giving Marvin a hard time...I thought that was expected around here ;)
:) IMHO, he has earned most of the grief sent his way. When your a 49'ers apologist and spin doctor on a Hawks board you should expect a little grief and not get too mad when folks call you on your BS.

Of course there are still lines that can't be crossed in skirmishes with these folks.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Honestly folks, don't pity us Bay Area dwellers too much.
Warriors turn for some trophies coming up next, then probably the SF Giants again since that's kinda every other yearish, and you still never know the Niners may bring in 6 just yet.
We good down here fellas, Marvin included I'm sure.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1b9mjk4o said:
Uncle Si":1b9mjk4o said:
Anyways... the 9ers will be fine. It may be a couple years of reset, but nothing in the NFL lasts too long (good or bad). The Patriots are an exception, not a rule.

The Browns are the Browns.

I think the emerging fear among some 9ers fans (and I'm not making a comment on the validity of this) is that although nothing in the NFL tends to last too long and despite this recently ended run of success, as it is with the Browns it is with the Redskins: Bad ownership is one of the few things in the NFL that can last a lifetime.
And that's exactly what I'd be afraid of if I were a Frisco fan. Definitely not saying it's gonna happen, but there is reason for concern IMO.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3ijkwjdj said:
Popeyejones":3ijkwjdj said:
Uncle Si":3ijkwjdj said:
Anyways... the 9ers will be fine. It may be a couple years of reset, but nothing in the NFL lasts too long (good or bad). The Patriots are an exception, not a rule.

The Browns are the Browns.

I think the emerging fear among some 9ers fans (and I'm not making a comment on the validity of this) is that although nothing in the NFL tends to last too long and despite this recently ended run of success, as it is with the Browns it is with the Redskins: Bad ownership is one of the few things in the NFL that can last a lifetime.
And that's exactly what I'd be afraid of if I were a Frisco fan. Definitely not saying it's gonna happen, but there is reason for concern IMO.

There are different types of bad ownership too. For Seahawks fans who lived through the 90's we watched Ken Behring try and steal the team. He alienated the fan base by cutting off all forms of interviews from the players, ran off ground Chuck (who took us to an AFCCG) and installed his son as the GM who selected guys like Dan McGuire instead of Brett Favre who Chuck Knox wanted.

The big difference here is he was deliberately trying to alienate the fan base for the purpose of moving the Seahawks to California. The Yorks aren't trying to move the franchise and are very unlikely to sell the team. They have a nasty track record of slimy deeds and are notoriously cheap. Now they have what they wanted and winning doesn't appear to be the most important thing.

Behring's decisions weren't incompetent they were shrewd moves calculated with intention in mind but fortunately for us Paul Allen stepped in and bought the team and has been one of the best owners in football. He has masterfully developed every possible area of the team from the FO to training facilities a new stadium and two separate coaching staffs that have taken the team to super bowls. Equally important is he stays out of the way. He doesn't affect the day to day operations and he is the complete opposite of cheap. He has given full control of the team to Pete with an open check book allowing the current regime to make tough decisions that are for the betterment of the team like releasing T. J. Houshmandzadeh and trading away Harvin while still allowing him to trade for Graham.

Unfortunate for 9er fans you are probably in the worst case scenario. Not only stuck with what appears to be horrible ownership but watching while your rival is being masterfully managed by one of the best.

Weadoption

Reaction score
the only jobs of an NFL owner are:
1) find the right GM, one that can effectively evaluate all forms of coaching and player talent while mitigating risk.
2) build a modern stadium and maximize revenue in your market
Everything else an owner does is window dressing really.
I hate the Millenialness of York, stay off the interwebs please until u at least hit 40, ok kid?
He embarrassing I admit, but he has done his job in drop the mic fashion on the above 2 points.
The kid got a new stadium built right next to the largest pile of venture capital in the history of the world and the public helped pay for it big time.
Good job Jed.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Weadoption":2kw0x8u4 said:
the only jobs of an NFL owner are:
1) find the right GM, one that can effectively evaluate all forms of coaching and player talent while mitigating risk.
2) build a modern stadium and maximize revenue in your market
Everything else an owner does is window dressing really.
I hate the Millenialness of York, stay off the interwebs please until u at least hit 40, ok kid?
He embarrassing I admit, but he has done his job in drop the mic fashion on the above 2 points.
The kid got a new stadium built right next to the largest pile of venture capital in the history of the world and the public helped pay for it big time.
Good job Jed.

Pretty simplistic view that allows you to review Jed in good light but the truth is he has done plenty of wrong as well.

Finding your GM needs to be followed with, and then letting him do his job without you meddling.

Build a modern stadium needs to be followed with, and then keep it full.

Two years from now if Ballke is failing miserably or gone and the stadium is empty it will be seen as Jed's fault. It is already in question and if Vegas were to put odds on it they would favor failure at this point.

Meanwhile Paul Allen went out and hired a board (the Vulcan group) to help him make the best decisions for the team and he did this with the goal of winning in mind, not just trying to make as money as he possibly can.

He hired Pete Carroll and let Pete choose his GM.

He built a new FO and practice facility on the shore of lake Washington that is among the best in the sport. This with of course the new stadium.

More than anything else he has stayed out of the day to day operations and allowed the people he hired to do their jobs.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
This is the only way fans can spank Jed York for being such an idiot, but sadly it will do nothing as his pockets remain filled.

If they really wanted to get him, they would keep the licenses and not sell the tickets, if possible. At least that way he'll lose money from in stadium purchases.

But this is not fans "bailing" as much as fans throwing a big F.U. to the Prince of York. At least I hope. But then again these are the same people to weak too sit in the sun to support their team.

seahawksflow

Reaction score
I've been diligently following the official SBL marketplace since it was first incepted. I keep hoping to get a decent deal to purchase more seats, but they just aren't really there (not for the good seats).

4% of stadium capacity is listed for sale.

2.5% of stadium capacity is listed for sale when you remove people looking to make a 50% return or greater. Yes 50% PROFIT or GREATER.

.04% of stadium capacity is listed for sale when you include only those willing to take a loss (50% of those listings are selling at a 5% discount of face value or less).

.04% selling at a loss after an 8-8 season and after an overhaul of a beloved coaching staff. I understand that you can "Make an Offer", but come on, skew the half a percent all you want.

That being said, every team has bandwagon fans that bail when the team isn't good. Every team has fans that will sell season tickets just a few months after one bad year, just like every every team has fans that will walk out on the NFCCG before it is even over.

Latest posts