9er fans bailing in droves.

original poster

Reaction score
seahawksflow":1gi3iy1x said:
I've been diligently following the official SBL marketplace since it was first incepted. I keep hoping to get a decent deal to purchase more seats, but they just aren't really there (not for the good seats).

4% of stadium capacity is listed for sale.

2.5% of stadium capacity is listed for sale when you remove people looking to make a 50% return or greater. Yes 50% PROFIT or GREATER.

.04% of stadium capacity is listed for sale when you include only those willing to take a loss (50% of those listings are selling at a 5% discount of face value or less).

.04% selling at a loss after an 8-8 season and after an overhaul of a beloved coaching staff. I understand that you can "Make an Offer", but come on, skew the half a percent all you want.

That being said, every team has bandwagon fans that bail when the team isn't good. Every team has fans that will sell season tickets just a few months after one bad year, just like every every team has fans that will walk out on the NFCCG before it is even over.

Ouch.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
seahawksflow":6rmk51fr said:
I've been diligently following the official SBL marketplace since it was first incepted. I keep hoping to get a decent deal to purchase more seats, but they just aren't really there (not for the good seats).

2.5% of stadium capacity is listed for sale when you remove people looking to make a 50% return or greater. Yes 50% PROFIT or GREATER.

.04% of stadium capacity is listed for sale when you include only those willing to take a loss (50% of those listings are selling at a 5% discount of face value or less).

.04% selling at a loss after an 8-8 season and after an overhaul of a beloved coaching staff. I understand that you can "Make an Offer", but come on, skew the half a percent all you want.

That being said, every team has bandwagon fans that bail when the team isn't good. Every team has fans that will sell season tickets just a few months after one bad year

Nice post.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":vvpmxxbk said:
seahawksflow":vvpmxxbk said:

That being said, every team has bandwagon fans that bail when the team isn't good. Every team has fans that will sell season tickets just a few months after one bad year

Nice post.

Agreed.

Laloosh

Reaction score
seahawksflow":pbrdq200 said:

That being said, every team has bandwagon fans that bail when the team isn't good. Every team has fans that will sell season tickets just a few months after one bad year, just like every every team has fans that will walk out on the NFCCG before it is even over.

Ha! Those idiots... I think the numbers were exaggerated but it was hilarious that they were shown standing there, trying to get back in once things got interesting. Sorry suckers!

seahawksflow

Reaction score
Laloosh":1jtfr2aq said:
seahawksflow":1jtfr2aq said:

Ha! Those idiots... I think the numbers were exaggerated but it was hilarious that they were shown standing there, trying to get back in once things got interesting. Sorry suckers!

I agree. Exaggerated numbers seem to be the subject of this thread.

Marvin49

Reaction score

rideaducati

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2htxkvh2 said:

Just had to

Twelve people... There were less than twelve people LEFT in any section of the niner home game against the Seahawks.

RedAlice

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2beaz2py said:
Weadoption":2beaz2py said:

This.

Hey, I coulda used that distraction this weekend. So, I am in total love with this adorable 11 year old kid of my friend. We play madden, he is in my FF league, yada yada.......little dude (well, he might have a crush on well at least my um, t-shirts) - positions himself by me at dinner and wants to discuss his team. the Niners.

Now, I was not prepared for this. He starts in: So, I think it might be possible that the Niners get to the playoffs this year, and probably win two games, I am not sure they can go the SB yet.

Me: that is good goal. kinda be encouraging to him. :)

I am going to be watching games all year with this little dude. Gonna have to get up on my positive Kap comments.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RedAlice":2yllz69r said:
peachesenregalia":2yllz69r said:
Weadoption":2yllz69r said:

This.

Hey, I coulda used that distraction this weekend. So, I am in total love with this adorable 11 year old kid of my friend. We play madden, he is in my FF league, yada yada.......little dude (well, he might have a crush on well at least my um, t-shirts) - positions himself by me at dinner and wants to discuss his team. the Niners.

Now, I was not prepared for this. He starts in: So, I think it might be possible that the Niners get to the playoffs this year, and probably win two games, I am not sure they can go the SB yet.

Me: that is good goal. kinda be encouraging to him. :)

I am going to be watching games all year with this little dude. Gonna have to get up on my positive Kap comments.

If you are really looking for positive Kap news, this is a good start.

http://media.957thegame.com/a/103605724 ... eid=886596

Grain of salt, the guy has something to gain from Kap being good this year since he's been coaching him the last few months, but guy seems pretty convinced.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":l725uc91 said:

Grain of salt, the guy has something to gain from Kap being good this year since he's been coaching him the last few months, but guy seems pretty convinced.

I bet this Dennis Gile guy will be more super surprised than I am when we get to see Kaepernick play again. His "scientifical" approach is great, but teaching someone to move from his first read to his second read after determining that the first read isn't open all while being chased by 300 pound linemen isn't something that can be taught. You either have it or you don't and Kaepernick don't.

Laloosh

Reaction score
rideaducati":17yor9ft said:
Marvin49":17yor9ft said:

I bet this Dennis Gile guy will be more super surprised than I am when we get to see Kaepernick play again. His "scientifical" approach is great, but teaching someone to move from his first read to his second read after determining that the first read isn't open all while being chased by 300 pound linemen isn't something that can be taught. You either have it or you don't and Kaepernick don't.

Even if he can't make it to his second read but manages to improve on his accuracy, Santa Clara will benefit. His 2013 season was pretty good imo. He just missed too often.

If anyone figures out how to fix his footwork and crazy throwing motion, I'd imagine that he'd see some noticeable results. A lot of the criticism of his accuracy that I saw, was primarily based on his footwork and being "lazy" about it.

He also seemed to struggle quite a bit more last year when that o-line was functioning more like Seattle's. Makes you appreciate what Russell does. My memory of 2012 and 2013 is him standing back there all day with plenty of time to find a target and get rid of the ball. 2014 was very different and he struggled to get the ball out (and avoid pressure).

Any of you Niner fans feel free to correct me about 2014 but that was my impression.

mikeak

Reaction score
rideaducati":17lb8rm9 said:
Marvin49":17lb8rm9 said:

Partial disagree.

Every player that has been in the league for a few years talks about the game slowing down. If a player studies the games and learn to anticipates things that he sees in the defense before and after the snap combined with a better understanding of what he should and shouldn't do with the football then they can most definately improve in going through their reads.

Furthermore if you improve your mechanics and run drills over and over and over again then you can start to change your basic learning.

Look at someone like Tiger Woods who has changed his way of driving the golf ball multiple times - it can most definately be done.

Not saying Kaepernick will have it or have done it but to say that you "either have it or you don't" is an oversimplification IMHO

chris98251

Reaction score
mikeak":24bq12mj said:
rideaducati":24bq12mj said:
Marvin49":24bq12mj said:

Partial disagree.

Every player that has been in the league for a few years talks about the game slowing down. If a player studies the games and learn to anticipates things that he sees in the defense before and after the snap combined with a better understanding of what he should and shouldn't do with the football then they can most definately improve in going through their reads.

Furthermore if you improve your mechanics and run drills over and over and over again then you can start to change your basic learning.

Look at someone like Tiger Woods who has changed his way of driving the golf ball multiple times - it can most definately be done.

Not saying Kaepernick will have it or have done it but to say that you "either have it or you don't" is an oversimplification IMHO

Many players survive on being great athletes, for a while, then they get figured out. It's ones that are game smart and savvy that adapt, you don't have to be a Rhodes scholar , but you have to have a feel and be able to make those adjustments in real time. Manning and I think Wilson are the super intelligent hard worker types that succeed, I think Wilson can adapt to a style as needed. Farve was the react and gutsy type player as was Elway, Montana combined both aspects as did Stabauch.

Kaep I think is asked to play a way that is still not natural for him, he may be a smart guy but not a quick thinker if you get what I mean, a athlete that has great physical tools but needs the right system and team to propel himself forward. We will get a chance to see in this new offense, sometimes a controlling coach like Harbaugh can stifle a player as well. He may have just been hesitant to just play and too worried about the earful he was going to get if he screwed up.

rideaducati

Reaction score
mikeak":3spuhutl said:
rideaducati":3spuhutl said:
Marvin49":3spuhutl said:

Partial disagree.

I'll just believe it when I see it. I think he'll have trouble this season because he will have to learn a new offense while working on his new mechanics too. I think that by the time Kaepernick "gets it", the niners will have moved on from him which will further stunt his growth because he will then go to yet another offensive system. I think if Kaepernick is ever going to be good, it will be several years and a couple teams down the road.

Latest posts