Anybody else feeling uneasy about this game?

kf3339

Reaction score
I would only be uneasy if I felt PC and the team were in any way looking past Carolina to the NFCC matchup. Since I don't see this happening at all the answer is "NOPE".

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Only worried if they take Carolina lightly and I just don't see that based on the last 3 seasons, Pete's built a team that doesn't get blown out or come not to play most every week. I only really think of the Bucs game last season and the Rams and Chargers games where it seem the team was out worked a bit and even then none of those games were blow outs either way.

jake206

Reaction score
Didn't we say the same thing last year? Just let it ride.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I‘m no more uneasy with this game than say… the SB48, when we played the number ONE offense in the NFL’s history and toss them about all over the field like ragdolls in pit bulls mouth. I highly expect to be equally pleased with the outcome of Saturdays game.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":ksp75ei8 said:
Seahawk Sailor":ksp75ei8 said:
No. Maybe just a tiny bit, but overall no, I'm not terribly uneasy about this game, and it's a really weird feeling.

We win this one 11 times out of 12. 4 times out of 12 it ain't even close. But yes, upsets happen. Yes, any given Sunday. Or Saturday. And yes, the Panthers are "playing with house money". So let's break that down a bit.

They were playing with house money last week. They were in the playoffs, against odds saying they shouldn't be. Can't argue that much with a losing record. We know; we've been there before too. And won too. Against the Panthers' hated division rival. It was... seismic.

But now that euphoria is gone for the Panthers. Now they're just another playoff team. They've won and advanced. Now they play for the chance to advance to the NFC Championship game. Now they have just a couple games to win for a chance to win it all! This game sends them to the big time! It ain't no house money no mo!

But to do that, they have to go on the road, to the #1 seed 12-4 National Champions with one of the best teams in the league, the best defense in the league, and one of the loudest, toughest places to play in the league. They have to play a damned good team that not only embraces pressure and high stakes, prime time games, but thrives in them. And usually wins them. Soundly.

And that's where the "house money" comes back to bite them. Hey, we did good, fellas. We gave it to 'em. Nobody expected us to win in the playoffs and we did. And nobody expected us to win at all against the Champs, and we put up a good fight. Attaboys all 'round on a season we did far more than we should have. And then the fourth quarter starts and things start going downhill.

The Seahawks defense has been on the field far less than any other team in the league. They're already statistically not only the best this year, but in contention for the best all time. Another Super Bowl win would provide a damn strong argument for them as one of the very elite all time, and they know it all too well. They're under pressure, sure, but this team thrives under pressure. They rise to the occasion and play better than they should.

And the Panthers know this. Yes, they'll put up a hard fight. And the game won't be easy. I'd say think similar to the first Cardinals game, a 19-3 game that we dominated statistically, and while it wasn't really ever in doubt, it was close for most of the game, and until the end, could have gone either way. But in the end, playing with house money will give way to "nobody expected us to go as far as we did", and the Seahawks will pull away.

Am I feeling uneasy? Hell yes. At least a bit. I'm a Seahawks fan who's been along for the ride for 39 years now. I'm always uneasy. Nervous. Ancy. Verklempt. But I'm pretty confident about this one because we should win this one easily, and this team, unlike many Seahawks teams in the past, almost always wins the games they should.

THIS.

And one more thing......the team is Peaking again. That spells doom to the rest of the league. Have a nice day.

Largent80

Reaction score
When I hear Pete say we are getting more players back than losing and also saying we are practicing well I have no worries whatsoever.

9-1 in our last 10 games with the lone loss that should have been a win I feel good about our chances vs. a team that beat some terrible teams to eek into the playoffs.

Our defense is the best in the NFL at this time.

canfan

Reaction score
HawkFan72":q5vclp7c said:
I worry before every game, especially playoff games. And Jordan Hill being out worries me too.

But I still expect the Hawks to win. The Hawks are the better team and we're at home.

:13:

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Worried? No. Barely even excited in fact.

We win this 95 times out of 100. Maybe even 98.

I mean sure, if we S@$/ the bed and only put up 78 yards of offense, then there is a small chance that we lose. Wilson's worst passing performance of his career was last year against the Cards when he put up 108. This year's worst was against the Pokes with 126. So the Cards put up less total offense than Russ has passed for in any game for his entire career.

Even with the Cards only putting up 78 yards, Carolina only won by 13 points (minus the two points that they strategically gifted the Cards).

Two weeks off to rest and prepare. Prime time in the Clink.

Second bye week.

-bsd RPA

hawkfannj

Reaction score
First off there is no easy wins in the NFL .
I'm not really uneasy about this game we know what's comming . They on the other hand might not be ready for the 12s esp Cant Newton .. And no I didn't spell that wrong

Scottemojo

Reaction score
NINEster":o2y0ih1v said:
Scottemojo":o2y0ih1v said:
thebigcat":o2y0ih1v said:
we should be playing loose as this game is house money, we have no title to defend, no record to defend and no pressure of being at home.... The Panthers team you will be facing is going to be about as loose as a football team you will see, we have nothing to lose, that my friends is a dangerous team to go against.
You have none of those things because your team is not very good. And house money? a couple of bucks maybe.

Talk matchups. Tell me how your offense is going to hang the 20 they will need, at minimum, to beat this defense.

All NFL teams are dangerous to go against. Lots of bad teams play with house money and still lose. Loose? what does that actually mean?

Talk some actual ball, please. I am tired of all the emo reasons some fan thinks his team will win.

I could have sworn I've heard that expression used on .NET to describe the way Carroll gets his guys to play.

Anyways, bigcat forgot one small little detail:

It's been since 2004 that a SB champ won a playoff game the following season.

That's a rather interesting stat. The Seahawks winning this weekend would be no small feat historically.
Which is the point. How does a fan know that somehow the Hawks will be all up tight and the Panthers will be loose? I have never bought the "pressure is all on the other team" arguments. Does it matter? maybe, but matchups matter a helluva lot more. emo reasons suck, give me matchups.

As for your stat, who cares. Those games have zero bearing on this one. Would you look at that trend you cited as put money on the Panthers to win? IF not, then you don't really believe it matters either.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I always worry about playoff games. Doesn't matter if it was because of the refs, flukey turnovers or just a bad day, if you lose you are done.

I've watched way too many NFL games that were sure victories to think otherwise. I'm optimistic though.

jackflash50

Reaction score
I am worried and take no team for granted. I think with the leaders they have on this team they will not allow the players to look past this game but it's the NFL and you never know what can happen.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I worry about random elements affecting the outcome, such as the weather, injuries, fluke plays, etc. Last year prior to our MNF meeting with the Saints, there were a lot of Hawk fans that were praying for the predictions of inclement weather to come true, that it would help us and hurt Drew Brees. Not me. I knew we had the better team especially when we were playing at home, so why take a chance by introducing a random element into the equation? I had the same feeling but to a lesser degree prior to the SB when they were originally predicting a foot of snow on SB Sunday.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The storylines are just media hype that doesn't effect anything on the field. Even including Hill, our injury status is much better than it was last week. I saw the AZ game and Cam is a seriously sketchy passer--he could be in for a nightmare against the LOB, trying to audible blitz-protection with the 12th Man raging down at him. As I write this KEXP is playing Strange Love by Mode, which has the chorus "pain pain pain"--coincidence?

I think not.

grizbob

Reaction score
Just another playoff game for me, the butterflies don't stop till victory formation late in the 4th ;)

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
grizbob":ohk5pnx3 said:
Just another playoff game for me, the butterflies don't stop till victory formation late in the 4th ;)

This. Even at 29 zip in the SB I still didnt really feel comfortable.

kearly

Reaction score
When I walk outside my front door tomorrow, I might get struck by lightning. But it's not something I worry about.

Latest posts