Bowie or Breno?

Should the Seahawks start Bowie or Breno?

• Michael Bowie

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Breno Giacomini

Votes: 109 90.8%

• Total voters

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ko9v4yk said:
Basis4day":1ko9v4yk said:
Sgt. Largent":1ko9v4yk said:
Our pass protection was poor BEFORE Breno and Okung went down, now with Bowie and McQuistan playing tackle it's downright awful. Just one game? LOL.

I was perfectly happy with his improvement until the Rams game. No one is saying they're playing well and it's not like there are magic all-pro lineman just floating around out there.

Who are you starting at line, right now if it were you making the decision?

Bowie, because we don't have anybody else. But that doesn't mean he's doing well. This conversation started when you said he's only been bad for one game, and that's not true, he routinely grades out poorly...........as do most of the O-lineman save for Unger.

I never said he was only bad for one game. And I later said that he was improving until the Rams game. Way different than saying he is playing well. You can grade poorly and still improve. In fact, most "good" players graded poorly as rookies. You need to let players develop.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Bowie has pretty good basics and I honestly believe his playing time right now will pay dividends in the future. Breno is miles better right now if he's healthy though.

Axx

Reaction score
Where is the john moffit option

Jville

Reaction score
I'm fine with easing Breno back into the lineup. I'd be ok with some degree of job sharing. Cable did it at the right guard position. The Rams have split snaps between two right tackles for two weeks now. I think there have been other examples around the league.

Start Breno .... but continue to get Michael some snaps for his continued development.

mrblitz

Reaction score
if you look at bowie's history, he's a very talented player who happened to have some personal issues during college that ultimately tanked his draft stock.

bowie has way more upside than geno.

when breno comes back, and while okung is still out, putting bowie/geno in some combination at the 2 tackle spots would be the best move.

at guard, sweezy and carpenter are probably both better than mcq. so mcq can sit with the other backups.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I didn't vote b/c I'd pick whichever one of the two who grades out the highest in practice. Somehow I think Breno would win but coming off a knee injury may restrict his mobility even more than normal.

When healthy Breno is better and more physical. Bowie will get better with experience and may develop into a full time starter.

The team will need to improve the overall depth at OT this coming off season as the team has looked to be exposed at OT this season with the key injuries to both starters at OT.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I'll take Breno's occasional penalties for some better pass protection and run blocking. Bowie's doing okay, but needs more experience.

Fisherhawk

Reaction score
I wanted to compare Bowie to other rookie tackles this year against common opponents.Any hints on searches to use, or websites?
I wasted a bunch of time and came up with very little.Maybe I'm too old to use the internet productively.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Breno... and I'm not sure if these people who voted for Bowie have watched any of the games he's played in. Maybe they aren't happy with Breno to begin with and just wanted somebody, anybody to replace him. Ill give Bowie this tho, when he actually gets square and his hands entrenched on his guy during running play, he wins that battle. It just doesn't happen enough to compensate for the terrible pass "protection".

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno Breno

Breno

themunn

Reaction score
I have mostly been impressed by Bowie to be honest - though I'd like to see how the line performs as a whole when Okung gets back - I think a lot of criticism has come his way as a result of poor line play as a whole, and with Okung back we might be able to look at his performance a little better - I feel McQuistan has been worse than Bowie at tackle, and a lot of that play has forced Wilson in Bowie's direction - that makes it a lot more difficult for Bowie to pass protect as a result, if Wilson can stay in the pocket as a result of Okung actually winning his battles on the line, it may give Bowie a LOT of help.

Considering he made his debut against JJ Watt of all people I thought he didn't do too terribly.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Starting OL should be.....Okung, McQ, Unger, Carp, Breno... I think Sweezy and Bowie still need some more time.

mrblitz

Reaction score
Okung, McQ, Unger, Carp, Breno

if that's going to be the line-up, maybe leave carpenter at lg and insert mcq at rg?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Basis4day":3hulfb9x said:
I never said he was only bad for one game. And I later said that he was improving until the Rams game. Way different than saying he is playing well. You can grade poorly and still improve. In fact, most "good" players graded poorly as rookies. You need to let players develop.

But that's the problem, Bowie hasn't been improving. JJ Watt destroyed him, 55 year old John Abraham destroyed him, Robert Mathis destroyed him, and even the Titans and lowly Jags D-Line had above average games against Bowie (forced fumbles on Wilson).

Bowie is an average run blocker, and a horrific pass blocker............as we found out Monday against Chris Long who was having a down year until he got to get his mojo back against Bowie.