Insider Info Poll

Should Aros continue posting Insider Information?

• Yes, absolutely.

Votes: 100 85.5%
  • I'm not sure. I need to think more about it.

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • No. I don't think it's right.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other (please read my comments)

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I know for a fact from listening to Brock on the radio that those guys read this website and even post here. You post your rumors, they'll read them. I don't have a problem with that per se, but if something you post winds up on KJR and somehow works its way to opposing teams, especially if it spreads on the media, then it could hurt us in a game. Not just any rumor, of course, and this is the point I am trying to make:

Before you post a rumor, ask yourself - if the opposing team knew of this, could they take advantage of it? CMike being a bust is not going to cost us a game. Okung having a torn labrum and still playing? Yeah, shouldn't have shared that with the .netters.

nategreat

Reaction score
Am I missing something? What insider info are we talking about? I haven't noticed anything....

EDIT: Ahhhh, nevermind, found the "Insider Info" thread... AWESOME! Gonna read now :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Cartire":2f4dzfjn said:
Regardless, im a nobody and if my reasons arent a shared concern with others, thats fine as well.

Still think a VIP forum would solve the issues.

You're not a nobody man. Everyone has value here. Well, except Dom.

:2:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":vm8h1z6i said:
Before you post a rumor, ask yourself - if the opposing team knew of this, could they take advantage of it? CMike being a bust is not going to cost us a game. Okung having a torn labrum and still playing? Yeah, shouldn't have shared that with the .netters.

I get your point, like Cartire's. I do have an obligation to think before I post this stuff. I did post the Okung info because I thought the community would like to know what's really going on with our LT, and I took the safe bet that the Seahawks opponents are not reading a random thread in a random fan forum before a game to use it as a reason to justify illegal activity on the playing field.

If a player goes out of their way to harm one of our players, it is going to draw a 15-yard penalty. Regardless of their motives or where the motive came from in the first place. It seems foolish and a bit presumptuous to honestly think it would get to that point.

kearly

Reaction score
Everyone knows that rumors are not gospel. There are a lot of true rumors that fall apart and never come to fruition too because things change (I think it was John Schneider who said that 95% of trade/free agent transactions fall apart before being completed).

Don't let a few perfectionist curmudgeon's rain on your parade. We're here to have fun.

As far as Okung goes, he had a brace on his left shoulder in the game last night. It was quite conspicuous. And given the way he's playing, it's hardly a state secret that he's playing hurt.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Exactly. In the end, it's all about entertainment. We want to be entertained and part of that is to get the "juicy gossip" from an inside source if it's available to us. If this was someone else presenting a legit source for inside news, I would be all over it! Again, this is all about reasonable info that won't harm the team or the players in the grand scope of things (rumors on a fan site).

Anything truly incriminating, or potentially so, stays locked away.

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":17stw2qv said:
This is also from 2012..

So .. something is off here.. either Okung isn't as hurt as is being rumored, or he is and the team is not abiding by said injury report guidelines.

Either way.. back to the original topic at hand.. I think Aros sharing this is great and at the least brings some extra discussion to chew on. So I'm all for it. More rumors please :D

Teams lie about injuries all the time. Mostly because there isn't any real enforcement for punishing teams that hide injuries.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
No! Stop posting novel and entertaining topics for discussion. You should be starting more threads on Wilson vs Luck, why the O-line is going to cost us every remaining game this season, and how we are mis-utilizing/ underutilizing Harvin.

Oh and maybe a thread or two on how Bevel should be fired.

-bsd

OrFan

Reaction score
So, according to insider info Unger farts a lot. Totally explains the false start head bob.

Unger is about to snap the ball, hears a loud sound and feels something under his butt. He bobs his head to see if it is Wilson with his hands under his butt, or if he was the one that made the thunder clap. Flag! False start.

Thanks for the info, Todd!

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
For me it's all about the nature of the information.

Take an injury report, for example. The official injury report is a thing that is used tactically by NFL coaches. They may want a player to appear to be more hurt than he is, or they may wish not to expose a weakness that a player has.

It's safe for us to conclude that if a player is injured and is not listed on the official injury report, then there's probably a damn good reason for it.

Pete Carroll and John Schneider built this team up from nothing to be the Super Bowl champions of the 2013 season. I give them enough credit for knowing what they are doing that I won't be second-guessing their management of the team. I believe they've earned that.

We 12s can have our opinions and this board is for expressing those opinions. That's fine. Talking to your true-blue buddy about the inside information you might have is also fine.

What's not fine is publicly disclosing information that the team for whatever reason chose not to disclose.

We're 12s. We support the team and its management. We don't undermine their efforts. They brought us a Lombardi. We owe them for that. We owe them our discretion.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Really miss that one guy that posted under 12thfan or something like that who used to always post that insider info.

LargentFan

Reaction score
Do we really know who this "Aros" guy is?? Has anyone actually seen him in real life? I have a theory that he's been working on an elaborate scheme to spread misinformation about our favorite team.

OrFan

Reaction score
LargentFan":226x434y said:
Do we really know who this "Aros" guy is?? Has anyone actually seen him in real life? I have a theory that he's been working on an elaborate scheme to spread misinformation about our favorite team.

I hear he is a former member of the band "DEVO." Just look for an upside down flower pot at the game. :lol:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
LargentFan":1vw6b4hr said:

:327321_Spy_23.22:

endzorn

Reaction score
If people don't like these rumors posted then I encourage you to PM them all to me.

HawkWow

Reaction score
My most recent experience in relaying information, provided to me directly from an assistant coach, showed me how ungrateful some are, and looking to rain on someone's parade. I keep parading ...but I won't be sharing anything else here.

I am referring to the Jess Williams injury. My buddy is on the D side of the ball and was with JW at the VMAC for the MRI. He TMed me stating "good news, Jess has been looking good and should be good to go in a month". With the text he sent a pic of a smiling (and eating) Williams. Because some of us were interested, I posted that info here.

Next thing we know, Williams was put on IR. I've not asked him about the IR and never again have I brought the subject up. I sensed he was a bit embarrassed about it. I'm nobody...why should he owe me an apology...or even an explanation?

Most with any football knowledge at all, understand IR is used for various reasons. This assistant coach was not the one determining whether or not JW would be IRed. He was simply stating the injury and projected recovery time. But then I got hit with a bunch of crap from some no-life posters about it. OTOH, had it been you that posted this info, the same posters would have their lips glued to your glutes. It's just who they are.

To be clear, at no point was I boasting about some great inside contact I had. In fact, just prior to this news..when he was hired, I said I wasn't expecting much more than canned answers from the guy. Surprisingly, he continues to be quite generous and unconcerned about getting into trouble for it.

A similar thing happened back in 06 when my bro was a VP with the team. This regarding Hutch and SA. But people here found it ridiculously impossible that someone, anyone, just might not like SA (!?). Ours is a different fan base.

I personally look forward to anything you can share that we wouldn't typically have access to. I do understand, and encourage others to understand, not everything goes by the script. Typically, there is no script (esp with this FO). We all have something invested in this team and we all want as much out of it as we can get. I thank you in advance and look forward to the scuttlebutt!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2nljpzi9 said:
Really miss that one guy that posted under 12thfan or something like that who used to always post that insider info.

Yeah I'm still ticked off that a vocal minority chased him off.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The community has spoken. I will continue to offer insider information as I get it.

Latest posts