Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?

Trade Russ to the Browns for the 1st/4th picks and Browns 1st round pick next year

• Absolutely

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • Absolutely not

Votes: 189 74.1%
  • I'd think about it

Votes: 44 17.3%

• Total voters

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RussB":3snwdbgk said:
MontanaHawk05":3snwdbgk said:
RussB":3snwdbgk said:
They could get saqoun barkley and some other high draft pick if they traded wilson to the browns. Then sign Kirk in free agency.

Just saying......

Because Wilson's magic scramble-plays didn't play a role in our Super Bowl run at all, and Cousins can easily duplicate all that anyway. /s
They wouldnt need wilsons magic as much if they had a nice run game. Kirk cousins is no scrub either, let him play with a good defense like the seahawks he could hold the QB spot down pretty well. He can also see over linemen.

Nothing against Wilson hes awesome and im a big fan, im just saying there are options out there to trade him without much dropoff. And a chance to improve other areas. The NFL is a business after all.

Do you want Cousins or Wilson, cause they're going to cost about the same.

I don't think anyone in their right mind, fan, coach or front office person would choose Cousins over Wilson at this point in both their careers.........especially for the Hawks with the style of offense Pete likes to run.

You need a QB that can run around and make plays when needed, especially in the 4th quarter.

RussB

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ml0diwip said:
RussB":ml0diwip said:
MontanaHawk05":ml0diwip said:
RussB":ml0diwip said:
They could get saqoun barkley and some other high draft pick if they traded wilson to the browns. Then sign Kirk in free agency.

Just saying......

Because Wilson's magic scramble-plays didn't play a role in our Super Bowl run at all, and Cousins can easily duplicate all that anyway. /s
They wouldnt need wilsons magic as much if they had a nice run game. Kirk cousins is no scrub either, let him play with a good defense like the seahawks he could hold the QB spot down pretty well. He can also see over linemen.

Nothing against Wilson hes awesome and im a big fan, im just saying there are options out there to trade him without much dropoff. And a chance to improve other areas. The NFL is a business after all.

Do you want Cousins or Wilson, cause they're going to cost about the same.

I don't think anyone in their right mind, fan, coach or front office person would choose Cousins over Wilson at this point in both their careers.........especially for the Hawks with the style of offense Pete likes to run.

You need a QB that can run around and make plays when needed, especially in the 4th quarter.
Its not that i would want cousins over wilson. But if you can get cousins, saqoun barkley, AND the browns other draft pick. I wouldnt even mind. Thats a good deal.

If it was just cousins , then hell no.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RussB":2zffkh8q said:
Its not that i would want cousins over wilson. But if you can get cousins, saqoun barkley, AND the browns other draft pick. I wouldnt even mind. Thats a good deal.

Two top 5 picks for Russell including the #1? That's pretty damn optimistic.

I still wouldn't do it, not if Cousins is our QB. Still have holes all over the defense, terrible O-line, no TE's and a weak WR corp.

I'd rather try and reload with a QB like Russell who can win us a couple games, rather than try and rebuild with a game manager like Cousins.

Seymour

Reaction score
Ohhh the irony. Russell never would have guessed the final answer to his question "why not us"? would be...."Because you make too much". :3-1:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
RussB":xvptsko8 said:
MontanaHawk05":xvptsko8 said:
RussB":xvptsko8 said:

Just saying......

They wouldnt need wilsons magic as much if they had a nice run game.

You weren't watching in 2013. The Seahawks had the league's most terrifying RB and still needed Wilson's magic. There will always be some long 3rd downs, and there is no team (and never has been) in the league that can build a Super Bowl campaign without a QB who can improvise.

Can Cousins do some of that? Yeah, probably, though in a different manner. But there's few QB's I'd trust to make something happen on 3rd down than Russell Wilson. That's what makes him an elite QB.

Cutting him to save money won't replace him. Failing for cheaper is still failing.

original poster

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":trgzwqjp said:
RussB":trgzwqjp said:
MontanaHawk05":trgzwqjp said:
RussB":trgzwqjp said:

Just saying......

You weren't watching in 2013. The Seahawks had the league's most terrifying RB and still needed Wilson's magic. There will always be some long 3rd downs, and there is no team (and never has been) in the league that can build a Super Bowl campaign without a QB who can improvise.

Can Cousins do some of that? Yeah, probably, though in a different manner. But there's few QB's I'd trust to make something happen on 3rd down than Russell Wilson. That's what makes him an elite QB.

Cutting him to save money won't replace him. Failing for cheaper is still failing.

Imagine being down by 6 with 2 minutes to go and having to rely on Kirk Cousins :shock:

Seymour

Reaction score
original poster":30c20qpt said:
MontanaHawk05":30c20qpt said:
RussB":30c20qpt said:
MontanaHawk05":30c20qpt said:

Imagine being down by 6 with 2 minutes to go and having to rely on Kirk Cousins :shock:

Speaking of down by 6. Wilson hit 6 HR's in batting practice today. :irishdrinkers:
Better raise that contract to $45M per year.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...tters-first-batting-practice-new-york-yankees

chris98251

Reaction score
So was it a Jugs machine that was throwing straight fast balls and not Major league Junk? He hasn't hit since last spring training in Texas.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2usatw4g said:
RussB":2usatw4g said:
MontanaHawk05":2usatw4g said:
RussB":2usatw4g said:

Just saying......

For those of you in the camp of trade Russ because he's too expensive...how has the cutting of expenses on the O-line worked out? You get what you pay for! Blake Bortles is going to get around 22mil/ year. Blake freaking Bortles. If you want to play with the big boys, you pay your established franchise top 5 QB fair market value!!

Seymour

Reaction score
Only Bortles just signed for 3 years $54M or 18 per year...not $22M

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1719zw37 said:
RussB":1719zw37 said:

Two top 5 picks for Russell including the #1? That's pretty damn optimistic.

I still wouldn't do it, not if Cousins is our QB. Still have holes all over the defense, terrible O-line, no TE's and a weak WR corp.

I'd rather try and reload with a QB like Russell who can win us a couple games, rather than try and rebuild with a game manager like Cousins.
Bingo!

chris98251

Reaction score
I really think were at the crossroads with Wilson, we give him the chance to be great and let him play in a offense where he is allowed to have command of the game or we waste his special quality and make him play it safe. If we do the later then trade him, we can have a number of QB's come in and play it safe, we won't win in the last second probably but that would just show what's been holding things back then, it would be Pete.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
As the person on this board that was first to identify Russ as a potential star, then have the team actually draft him it pains me to say if the right deal came along trade him.

hawkman

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":22fjbl1n said:
MontanaHawk05":22fjbl1n said:
RussB":22fjbl1n said:
MontanaHawk05":22fjbl1n said:

For those of you in the camp of trade Russ because he's too expensive...how has the cutting of expenses on the O-line worked out? You get what you pay for! Blake Bortles is going to get around 22mil/ year. Blake freaking Bortles. If you want to play with the big boys, you pay your established franchise top 5 QB fair market value!!

Top 5!?!?!? If you meant to say top 15 I agree. Top 5 qb’s can use the middle of the field. Wilson can’t even see the top 5 qb’s over a row of yard gnomes.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, because he hasn't proven over and over again just how damn good he is :roll:
How original, yet another comment about his height.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawkman":1fmxzyll said:
oldhawkfan":1fmxzyll said:
MontanaHawk05":1fmxzyll said:
RussB":1fmxzyll said:

Top 5!?!?!? If you meant to say top 15 I agree. Top 5 qb’s can use the middle of the field. Wilson can’t even see the top 5 qb’s over a row of yard gnomes.

Lame post. :roll:

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
hawkman":1svfrp0t said:
oldhawkfan":1svfrp0t said:
MontanaHawk05":1svfrp0t said:
RussB":1svfrp0t said:

You have #3 extremely undervalued. There is no way that there are 14 QBs better than Wilson. I haven't seen a list since his 2nd year that has him any lower than 8. The Seahawks easily have a top 5 QB. Its all about production. Forget that he doesn't play the position to your preconceived notion of how a QB should look and operate.