Grade the FO thus far addressing offensive line woes

What grade do you give the FO thus far in addressing the offensive line woes?

• A

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • B

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • C

Votes: 29 33.0%
  • D

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • F

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They can still swoop up a solid vet who is a cap casualty from another team. Real good players get cut all the time right before the season.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I will put it in the c plus, b minus range. The joeckel contract was a result of the market, I refuse to grind on them about it. Considering that both players signed are an improvement over what was there, I think we should feel lucky to get what we did. You have 29 teams pretty much trying to copy what the cowboys, raiders and Titans have on their lines. I wouldn't be too envious of the teams that overpaid for o linemen this year. They were able to do so because the rest of their rosters are crap, so they can make Okung the highest paid LT in the league.

Another point, Dallas' line took years to build through the draft. Years of losing and having high draft picks, that is. Give it time.

sdog1981

Reaction score
They are on permanent F status at this point. Due to the massive amount of trash they have brought in, to play Oline over the past 6 years.

Tical21

Reaction score
F. They desperately needed an impact player and the best the could do is a guy widely considered one of the worst linemen in the league, and paid him like 1/3 of their available cap space. That's a pretty solid F if there ever was one. Now, not to say one of these guys can't turn out okay, but it's pretty much completely luck if they do. More likely, it prevents this team from being a legit contender again. So that's an F. They needed at least one upgrade somewhere, and I don't believe they got one. Considering this free agent market, they needed to make a trade.

HawkGA

Reaction score
hawk45":1q1fnevp said:
The OL FA scene may have been stupid, but nobody, NOBODY was lining up to pay Joeckel 7.

That's generally true of any player that signs with any team. The reason they sign with them is because that team is offering more money than everybody else. Or to put it in your words, NOBODY else was lining up to pay that much.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Tical21":3bpu2xqh said:
More likely, it prevents this team from being a legit contender again.

The deal the Seahawks signed Luke Joeckel to is pretty much the opposite of what you're saying.

Josea16

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1bufmw8b said:
Tical21":1bufmw8b said:

The deal the Seahawks signed Luke Joeckel to is pretty much the opposite of what you're saying.
Correct. It isn't like he is bad, he's at least league average, he just isn't worth 1st round money. Neither is Okung and the OL market for FA went north and stupid quickly this year. At least he costs nothing given the market or the fact it doesn't affect the team beyond this year.

We didn't sign Russell Okung for 15M a year long term. Seriously? Screw that insanity. Just one example why you're right and Tical is wrong and why I'm fed up with the negativity with no proof by the same 5 or so posters. So, my advice? Ignore them and ask the moderators to do the job they signed up for. (Tical is not among the Negative 5).

scutterhawk

Reaction score
nash72":80aap549 said:
How can anybody give them an A for cripes sake? Oday and Jokel both stink and we paid Jokel 7 million guaranteed. Thats an epic failure. They deserve an E for effort at the most.
And YOU get an E for being an ARMCHAIR talent evaluator.....See, it's either I buy into your take on player acquisitions OR,,,,,, Believe in the PROFFESIONALS that have fielded a Super Bowl WINNING Offense, and getting to another in the following Year, and kept the Seahawks in the hunt without Marshawn Lynch to help for the last two Seasons,

hawk45

Reaction score
HawkGA":hd205rqn said:
hawk45":hd205rqn said:
The OL FA scene may have been stupid, but nobody, NOBODY was lining up to pay Joeckel 7.

That's generally true of any player that signs with any team. The reason they sign with them is because that team is offering more money than everybody else. Or to put it in your words, NOBODY else was lining up to pay that much.

The point,which you deliberately missed, was that they could have had Joeckel for half as much because 7 mil for an awful LT coming off a knee injury was dumb-dumb money. As in what-the-f dumb, negotiating against yourself money.

They paid 7 for a guy who couldn't crack the Jacksonville starting LT spot and who was injured. That isn't market, that is
a beyond F move.

If they had doubled their offer to Lang or lit the money on fire for warmth they'd be less laughable.

hawk45

Reaction score
Josea16":pyjmfeid said:
MontanaHawk05":pyjmfeid said:
Tical21":pyjmfeid said:

Correct. It isn't like he is bad, he's at least league average, he just isn't worth 1st round money. Neither is Okung and the OL market for FA went north and stupid quickly this year. At least he costs nothing given the market or the fact it doesn't affect the team beyond this year.

We didn't sign Russell Okung for 15M a year long term. Seriously? Screw that insanity. Just one example why you're right and Tical is wrong and why I'm fed up with the negativity with no proof by the same 5 or so posters. So, my advice? Ignore them and ask the moderators to do the job they signed up for. (Tical is not among the Negative 5).

Explain how Joeckel who failed to be good enough to hold down the starting job at Jacksonville, is league average. Okung at 15 is a steal by comparison.

Largent80

Reaction score
nash72":1gl14gda said:
How can anybody give them an A for cripes sake? Oday and Jokel both stink and we paid Jokel 7 million guaranteed. Thats an epic failure. They deserve an E for effort at the most.

A any way you slice it, unless you are using your Knife Of Negativity.

Everything Seahawk sucks to you.

You are a Seahawk Tornado.

Eloquently acted and described by Philip Seymour Hoffman...... "The SUCK Zone".

RiverDog

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":3pyys8s9 said:
Need an "I - incomplete" option.

So far a C-.

Seeing no incomplete or in progress option, I gave us a C for results, a B for effort.

LolaRox

Reaction score
D-

They had to do something and they did. The line was too young and inexperienced and it needed to be addressed in FA. I don't have any idea if these specific signings will payoff, but I will give them credit for not standing pat.

However, just last week it sounded like P/J didn't really know how these pieces will fit together and fell back into their 'let the competition sort it out' which sounds like the same old Pete/John/Cable BS.

In fairness, I am grading them through my prism of not trusting them when it comes to anything Oline so it may a little harsh. I need to see before I will believe it.

nash72

Reaction score
scutterhawk":32su1qgu said:
nash72":32su1qgu said:
And YOU get an E for being an ARMCHAIR talent evaluator.....See, it's either I buy into your take on player acquisitions OR,,,,,, Believe in the PROFFESIONALS that have fielded a Super Bowl WINNING Offense, and getting to another in the following Year, and kept the Seahawks in the hunt without Marshawn Lynch to help for the last two Seasons,

Your choice in who you want to side with. The professionals that fielded one, if not THE, worst Oline's in the history of the NFL last season, or a fan who's not happy about it and feels they did very little to improve upon it during the off season. Hey, I sided with the professionals 4 years ago too. Not so much recently though.

nash72

Reaction score
hawk45":2yn5oj3s said:
The point,which you deliberately missed, was that they could have had Joeckel for half as much because 7 mil for an awful LT coming off a knee injury was dumb-dumb money. As in what-the-f dumb, negotiating against yourself money.

They paid 7 for a guy who couldn't crack the Jacksonville starting LT spot and who was injured. That isn't market, that is
a beyond F move.

If they had doubled their offer to Lang or lit the money on fire for warmth they'd be less laughable.

Hawk45 gets it

nash72

Reaction score
Largent80":2c158flj said:
nash72":2c158flj said:

A any way you slice it, unless you are using your Knife Of Negativity.

Everything Seahawk sucks to you.

You are a Seahawk Tornado.

Eloquently acted and described by Philip Seymour Hoffman...... "The SUCK Zone".

I would engage you for the jab, but I was told i'm not allowed anymore due to all the thin skin around here.

As for the Oline, you must be proud of the FO for giving a guy 7M guaranteed that couldnt even hold down a starting job for one of the worst teams in the league. Yeah, should be a huge improvement. RW must feel relieved beyond compare now.