• Draft replacement

Votes: 65 41.7%

• Total voters

Exittium

Reaction score
promote bronson from the PS and keep it with turbo and cmike

Tical21

Reaction score
Our coaching staff just stole a Super Bowl MVP, very possibly the Hall of Fame, and a bunch of 0's from him. That guy will never play another down for us. He's going to demand a trade and retire if he doesn't get it. He doesn't want to retire. He wants to get paid for a few more years. But he is about loyalty and respect, and we just disrespected him. Its been fun 'Shawn.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
gotta check out what C Mike can give us we already invested in him.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":23kqtk7c said:
Count me in the Turbin-Michael-Bronson camp.

Utilizing draft resources to pick up better linemen and WRs would be the better alternative instead continuing to create a log-jam at the position.

This is where I'm at, but really REALLY hoping we can get a couple more years out of Marshawn. If his final carry in a Seahawk uniform was the 4-yarder in Glendale, that will sadden me to no end.

I don't know why it is, but for over a year now I've had this vision of C. Mike having a 3-4 year run as a Top 3 RB in the league, but doing it in another uniform (Cowboys?). Maybe I'm just allowing my Ahman Green memories to correlate to this situation more than they actually do (?). I do think Michael has what it takes to be great, but there's just something I can't explain that doesn't make him seem like the right fit here.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
It's a hypothetical question, but if Marshawn moves on then I would like to see the money go toward Suh and add depth in the draft.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Tical21":1cmw3r9d said:
Our coaching staff just stole a Super Bowl MVP, very possibly the Hall of Fame, and a bunch of 0's from him. That guy will never play another down for us. He's going to demand a trade and retire if he doesn't get it. He doesn't want to retire. He wants to get paid for a few more years. But he is about loyalty and respect, and we just disrespected him. Its been fun 'Shawn.

A bunch of 0's is a little dramatic. Was he going to get a $100 million or $1 billion contract from us?

jblaze

Reaction score
I think Lynch will be back. Look at the way he's pushing his marketing and ad's right now and he'd be leaving A TON of money on the table and no one is that dumb. Not to mention, JS has already mentioned he'd offer him a new contract and speculation is that it'd be near 10m this year cash (signing bonus and gteed base) so I don't think anyone would walk away from that.

Not to mention, he's at the top of his game right now.

That said, this is Lynch we're talking about. But I think it's 80% he comes back.

if not, I think we need a bellcow back as one of only two teams that focus on the run game as the first priority. I think we should go for Gurley or Gordon at the end of the first round. Those guys can be decade talents in the right system and we certainly have that run first system they'd covet here. RB's typically acclimate to the NFL pretty quickly too so I think we could expect good production right out of the gate. That also means cheap labor at the RB spot for 4 years which would be very nice for other offensive positions that need upgraded.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
IndyHawk":26w74thx said:
The Beast will be back or I'm really crying like when Largent and Big Walt quit..

Me too would be a huge lost if Beast is gone, one of the biggest losses in Franchise history , Nobody will replace the Beast.

Hyak

Reaction score
Tical21":1ox6ui6d said:

I personally don't think the SB ending affects his market value one iota. 1 more yard, TD, and SB win has little impact on his price in the open market. He's still going to be a physical back who's 29 and has been a workhorse for the last 4 seasons.

I also don't buy the disrespect and disloyal card. Honestly, the Seahawks and the fan base have been pretty accommodating to his quirks. If their intent was to diss Marshawn, why did they throw him the pass to start the drive and run him on first and goal? We've all criticized the play call and execution on the 2nd down play but there's absolutely no proof that the call was made as an attempt to make sure Lynch didn't get the winning score.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I would like them to draft Gurley if he is there at 31 regardless. Red shirt him or if he can play he can return kicks, and back lynch until he retires. Turbin and Michael and another back if Lynch retires early until Gurley is ready.
Gurley looks better than Melvin on tape,, and would be a steal. Melvin will probably be picked in top 20 and out of range anyway. Gurley is so good I wouldn't be surprised to see him picked before Hawks pick despite still healing from his injury.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Im a huge Michael believer and still view him as a special talent but also would be excited if they grabbed Gurley or Gordon. Go watch a highlight tape of all 3. I think Michaels would shock people.

Hyak

Reaction score
If I bite on the idea of Lynch being gone one way or another, I think the two guys they have would be in line to play and perhaps you supplement that with a speed back/returner type kind of like Leon Washington was in his prime. You likely could draft a mid rounder to fit that role. The kid from Nebraska comes to mind (Abdullah?). I wouldn't mind Gurley or Gordon either although I'd feel better about them in round 2 or 3 instead of 1.