Poll: Do you want SF or NO to win this week?

Poll: Do you want SF or NO to win this week?

• SF

Votes: 23 22.1%
  • NO

Votes: 81 77.9%

• Total voters

seabowl

Reaction score
I am still hoping NO wins. Need the division. Sorry about the Aints later.

kmeleon

Reaction score
I'm kind of being pulled in both directions. I want to make sure the division is taken care of, but I really want that 1 seed. If SF wins... the #1 seed is ours for the taking but we'll have no room for a slip up. If NO wins it gives us a 1 game cushion for the division but Tennessee is probably our last hope for a NO loss.

WE HAVE TO KEEP WINNING

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Geaux Saints. And for the record, I DO see both sides of it. Even though I prefer to take care of the division first.

sutz

Reaction score
I see the logic behind wanting SF to win. My rational side acturally, really does understand where those folks are coming from. But my heart, and my head, will always refuse to root for a division rival to win. When I weigh the risk/reward on the game, and consider the number of games left and the uncertainties there, the division crown is much more valuable and likely than the #1 seed.

Of course, it doesn't really make a ton of difference who wins, but I don't want SF to keep winning. :twisted:

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
If at all possible, I would like to face SF in week 17 with the division already won. Going to a dome in the later rounds of the playoffs isn't going to be an issue for these Hawk's if necessary.

Polaris

Reaction score
If we had a commanding lead in the NFC West, I'd say root for San Fran. Things being what they are, I say any result that enhances our chances at the division take precedence so Go Saints.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Saints and it’s really simple. You take care of business in order...division first, then conference, then league. If you are more worried about the #1 seed than first wrapping up the division, your priorities might be a little off. I’m looking at it like don’t put the cart before the horse. Take care of the division first and everything else will fall into place. Also I can’t stand the digits, so there is that!

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Be careful what you ask for! I will enjoy this game either way. I might even pull for a few(shall I say It) hampering injuries on both sides.

Polaris

Reaction score
Hawksfan78":sha84pze said:
How about a tie???

Now that you mention it, San Fran and New Orleans would make wonderful sisters for a day.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
There's only one scenario where NO losing helps us: in the instance we win out.
There are a whole bunch of scenarios where SF losing helps us, ie. any scenario where we go 3-1 or 2-2 to finish out.

If we go 1-3 or 0-4, then neither scenario helps us a darn bit.

I think it's very likely for us to finish 3-1 or 2-2, so I'm all in on NO beating SF. I do not think a 4-0 finish is a very high likelihood because this is the NFL and crap happens.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'd rather listen to (c)rap or country music, by choice....than pull for the Niners. But that's just me...….

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but I don't think we're going to win out. Three tough conference games + one across the country road game vs a team that always plays us tight.

So as much as I understand the logic behind rooting for SF, I can't. You win your division first, and if SF wins at NO, then that means our margin for error is zero.

And if that means we're the #2 seed and have to go on the road to NO for the conference championship but it means we won the NFC West, get a 1st round bye and a home playoff game? I'm fine with that.

We're perfect on the road, so I'm not worried about that as much as I am tripping up and allowing SF to take back the NFC West, and us dropping to a WC team again.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I'd rather just secure our div and number 2 seed. Anything can happen come playoff team. Saints are beatable.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not pessimistic at all. They aren't gonna' run the table. They are capable, but I also just don't see it.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I want NO. Why? We win sunday and Niners lose sunday and we have a 2 game lead basically. I would rather have a 2 seed then a 5 seed.

Latest posts