Sounds like we'll add a RB

DJrmb

Reaction score
Tical21":1l39mc6s said:
Sgt. Largent":1l39mc6s said:
There's only three cornerstone RB's in the draft, and none of them will be around when we pick.

So my guess is we'll bring in a veteran and maybe spend another lower round pick on a RB. Too many other glaring needs right now to spend any real draft capital on moving up to grab one of the big three of Fornette, Mixon or Cook.

Mixon MIGHT fall to us cause of his recent video? But even then, doubtful, dude's too talented for someone not to take a risk above us.
Mixon ain't getting drafted bro. I mean, maybe, mayyyyyybe, late, but I doubt it.

Joe Williams is the guy.

Mixon will get drafted well before Joe Williams.

Williams has his own red flags. They may not be as damning to his personal persona off the field, but as far as being a football player and playing on a team they are just as damning if not worse. I don't think Joe Williams will be drafted any higher than the 6th or 7th round if he even gets drafted at all and he is definitely not a fit for the Seahawks. Pete is high on players that "love the game". Quitting on your team 2 games in doesn't exactly show that you love the game or your team. It goes back further than that too. Williams has had things taking his attention away from football going all the way back to High School and before. He seems like a guy that has something missing upstairs that he's yet to correct. I don't hate the guy, I hope he does pull it all together and ends up being a success wherever he goes or whatever he does, but I feel like he's got other things to work on than football right now.

Tical21

Reaction score
mikeak":3s5098rv said:
Mixon won't. They took a lot of backlash with Frank and justified it with (paraphrasing) basically making an argument for there was nothing proven and they believed him

You can't say the same with Mixon.

Ironically I didn't like Frank because of his history but would be totally fine with Mixon. I am really annoyed with the media for portraying it like domestic abuse. Somehow the idiots running media think that if you hit a woman it is domestic abuse. Domestic abuse is against someone you know closely and most often in your household. It is not going out, being drunk, getting into a fight with another drunk person then punching them in the face.

Was it a woman and does it make it worse - yes. Did he pay a penalty that while not severe enough was a penalty - yes

Does an after hour fight / altercation indicate that he will "abuse" someone in the future like a certain Giants kicker..... NO
The fact that anyone would ever, no matter the intoxication level, find it fit to punch a woman like that has to make you have a complete disdain for the coward that he is. Getting drunk and knocking a small woman out isn't nearly as bad as beating your spouse?

If the young man gets counseling, becomes an advocate and starts to help and influence people to go a different path, I'll give the guy a second chance. But he shouldn't get one just because he's a good football player and got a suspension or whatever. The scumbag doesn't deserve to play in the NFL, period.

Largent80

Reaction score
Here is my take. None of us were there. There is no Ray Rice video.

Who are we to judge dude. Do YOU want to be judged?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":szxl7x94 said:

There absolutely is video.

mikeak

Reaction score
Tical21":zh0v8if5 said:
Getting drunk and knocking a small woman out isn't nearly as bad as beating your spouse?

We disagree which is fine - on this yes I clearly see a difference between a violent act after a shouting match with someone you don't know when being drunk at a place selling food after-hours vs being home sober and beating your spouse.

Neither one is acceptable but there is a fundamental difference in MY OPINION that sets them apart. When you cross the line and beat your spouse then I don't see that changing without fundamental changes to you as a person. I see punching a woman you don't know while being drunk and in a shouting match and punching after she pushes you as something bad, extremely regretful, something that should be punished BUT something that will probably never be repeated or at least by itself doesn't create a picture of a person that has issues for life

Uncle Si

Reaction score
mikeak":ortnr2hn said:
I see punching a woman you don't know while being drunk and in a shouting match and punching after she pushes you as something bad, extremely regretful, something that should be punished BUT something that will probably never be repeated or at least by itself doesn't create a picture of a person that has issues for life

What would lead you to believe this?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":35m6ifdc said:
Uncle Si":35m6ifdc said:
Largent80":35m6ifdc said:

Lets see it.

Google it. It's not some secret

We don't need to post it here.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Tical21":3tc4pm72 said:
mikeak":3tc4pm72 said:
Mixon won't. They took a lot of backlash with Frank and justified it with (paraphrasing) basically making an argument for there was nothing proven and they believed him

You can't say the same with Mixon.

Ironically I didn't like Frank because of his history but would be totally fine with Mixon. I am really annoyed with the media for portraying it like domestic abuse. Somehow the idiots running media think that if you hit a woman it is domestic abuse. Domestic abuse is against someone you know closely and most often in your household. It is not going out, being drunk, getting into a fight with another drunk person then punching them in the face.

Was it a woman and does it make it worse - yes. Did he pay a penalty that while not severe enough was a penalty - yes

Does an after hour fight / altercation indicate that he will "abuse" someone in the future like a certain Giants kicker..... NO
The fact that anyone would ever, no matter the intoxication level, find it fit to punch a woman like that has to make you have a complete disdain for the coward that he is. Getting drunk and knocking a small woman out isn't nearly as bad as beating your spouse?

If the young man gets counseling, becomes an advocate and starts to help and influence people to go a different path, I'll give the guy a second chance. But he shouldn't get one just because he's a good football player and got a suspension or whatever. The scumbag doesn't deserve to play in the NFL, period.

He's gotten counseling and has kept doing the counseling even after the required time (set by the team for his reinstatement). He also served a year long suspension from the team. He also has apologized, spoken out against what he did stating that it is Never OK to hit a woman and he also said he is willing to speak to domestic violence advocacy groups about his mistake. So he has done everything you mentioned at hopes of a chance to move past his mistake.

Sometimes players that get in trouble are apologetic only because they got caught and got in trouble. I understand people being skeptical because that has been a lot of guys in the past. However, sometimes young people simply make horrible and stupid mistake outside of their own true character and they are truthfully sorry. We as fans with no real direct knowledge or contact may never know the exact truth but with what has been made available to us Mixon seems like the latter in my opinion.

[youtube]NIoupXWhdrY[/youtube]

Largent80

Reaction score
Whatever man. People make mistakes. You, Me and Mixon. I simply am not going to judge the guy, if you want to then join the witch hunt that is prevelant these days. Go for it..JUDGE the guy, even though you weren't there experiencing what was going on or even reported.

Who gives a crap?

He is a great football player and I for one would be exstatic to have him busting opposing defenses.

Seymour

Reaction score
Poor Joe Mixon!!

So he cold cocked an undersized woman, why is he not getting his 2nd 3rd and 4th chance? Why is he NOT allowed at the combine?
Why won't we draft POOR Joe friggen Mixon??
Everyone makes mistakes, please just give him millions of $$ and accept the backlash, forget Paul doesn't want woman beaters on HIS team, and just PLEASE draft POOR Joe Mixon.
He is the ONLY good running back in the draft.... We are doomed if we pass on poor Joe. :roll: :pukeface:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":2um557h1 said:
Who gives a crap?

I would imagine tens of thousands of people do care about homophobic attacks and physical violence towards women. I also imagine Paul Allen and Pete Carroll do. I imagine they are very concerned about the thousands of Seahawks fans that will give a crap.

Seymour

Reaction score
Largent80":1o4aq690 said:
Uncle Si":1o4aq690 said:
Largent80":1o4aq690 said:

Lets see it.

You've already seen it and commented

Now this??

Largent80

Reaction score
Seymour":3cckz7ok said:
Largent80":3cckz7ok said:
Uncle Si":3cckz7ok said:
Largent80":3cckz7ok said:

Lets see it.

You've already seen it and commented

Now this??

So, I watched PART of that. I had heard enough after 2 minutes.

The guy made a mistake. He is owning it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":2hyjlye3 said:

You watched the part where he followed her and her gay friend into a restaurant, addressed them with homophobic slurs and then broke 4 bones in the face of a woman literally half his size with a closed fist punch? Or did you watch the interview, over two years later, where he says he's sorry?

It's fine if you have and you still don't mind if he's on the team.

But that is the crux of the decisions that PC and PA would be dealing with if they wanted to draft him

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I want Boise St. RB, Jeremy McNichols, at #90... 5-9, 212... more compact than Prosise, tough as nails, and is a quality receiver. Off the top of my head, Devonte Freeman would be a similar comp.

Also, would take Joe Williams in the 5th, 6th assuming Seahawks trade one of the comps for picks. Can't have too many RBs, the more competition, the more bodies, the better.

If Seahawks went into TC with Rawls, Prosise, Collins, McNichols, Williams, and possibly Pope, an ERFA. Assuming McKissic and Madden would be cut for the two rookies. I think we would all be satisfied.

Although, if it were up to me, I would kill two birds with one stone, decreasing the log jam at RB by moving Prosise to WR. Who will provide depth until and if Lockett comes back.

Rawls, McNichols, Collins, and Williams at RB. Although I'm kind of fine with Pope as the 4th or someone similar that has return ability. Maybe Pope as the 4th, and let Collins/Williams battle for a spot with the loser chanced to the PS.

Baldwin, Richardson, Prosise, McEvoy, Kearse, and (Lockett) at WR.

My comp for Prosise would be a bigger, longer Golden Tate. Mega Tate.

When I looked it up the athletic measures were extremely uncanny.

Player: Prosise (Tate)
Height: 6'0 (5'10)
Weight: 220 (199)

HandSize: 8 1/2 (9 1/4)
Arm Length: 32 1/8 in (30 1/2)
BenchPress: DNP (17 reps)

40 Yd D: 4.48s (4.42)
20 Yd S: 2.64s (NA)
10 Yd S: 1.57s (1.54)

Vert. Jump: 35.5 in (35)
BroadJump: 121 in (120)

20YdSh: 4.42s (4.34)
3-Cone: 7.19 (7.12)

Tate grades a few ticks better in the clocked drills but Prosise had 21 pounds on him. Prosise stays within .08s of Tate in all drills. So really its about equal as it can be considering the weight difference.

Yet, Prosise with more weight did a notch better in his jumps.

What stands out the most his Prosise's 8 1/2 Hand Size which is 3/4ths of an inch smaller than Tate. However, in whole Prosise's Arm Length is 1 and 5/8ths inches longer.

Prosise's sub 9 in hands bothered me and searching for a comp, I found Lockett has 8 3/8th hands with only a 30 inch reach. Lockett, has pretty dependable hands, I would say making spectacular catches within coverage.

Largent80

Reaction score
Largent80":3qilmaok said:
Largent80"[quote="Largent80":3qilmaok said:

NO, I didn't watch it. AND I don't care. This happened several years ago and nothing since. People make mistakes. YOU included. Don't try and point me out because I am willing to forgive because forgiveness is the greatest human attribute.

getnasty

Reaction score
I hope we don't spend big in free agency, the 2 leading rushers in the NFL were rookies last year and one wasn't drafted until the 4th if I remember right. Spend on the OL and take care of Kam and Britt

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":2h0gh47y said:
NO, I didn't watch it. AND I don't care. This happened several years ago and nothing since. People make mistakes. YOU included. Don't try and point me out because I am willing to forgive because forgiveness is the greatest human attribute.

You asked to see it. But now you don't want to because "people make mistakes?

You can forgive him all you want. The question here is whether a person with that type of attitude is a good fit for the football team, knowing full well the backlash (rightfully) that comes with it.

Largent80

Reaction score
Uncle Si":38di9gqz said:
Largent80":38di9gqz said:

You asked to see it. But now you don't want to because "people make mistakes?

You can forgive him all you want. The question here is whether a person with that type of attitude is a good fit for the football team, knowing full well the backlash (rightfully) that comes with it.

Whatever Jake.

I choose to take the high road, you can do what you do.