Sounds like we'll add a RB

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":2v3nrj6g said:
Uncle Si":2v3nrj6g said:
Largent80":2v3nrj6g said:
NO, I didn't watch it. AND I don't care. This happened several years ago and nothing since. People make mistakes. YOU included. Don't try and point me out because I am willing to forgive because forgiveness is the greatest human attribute.

You asked to see it. But now you don't want to because "people make mistakes?

You can forgive him all you want. The question here is whether a person with that type of attitude is a good fit for the football team, knowing full well the backlash (rightfully) that comes with it.

Whatever Jake.

I choose to take the high road, you can do what you do.

You're missing the point, and it seems purposefully so.

Largent80

Reaction score
Maybe you need to pack a shoebox.

It may help you understand.

[youtube]s1lLqdgXMB8[/youtube]

DJrmb

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":zwgwqdw7 said:
I want Boise St. RB, Jeremy McNichols, at #90... 5-9, 212... more compact than Prosise, tough as nails, and is a quality receiver. Off the top of my head, Devonte Freeman would be a similar comp.

Also, would take Joe Williams in the 5th, 6th assuming Seahawks trade one of the comps for picks. Can't have too many RBs, the more competition, the more bodies, the better.

If Seahawks went into TC with Rawls, Prosise, Collins, McNichols, Williams, and possibly Pope, an ERFA. Assuming McKissic and Madden would be cut for the two rookies. I think we would all be satisfied.

Although, if it were up to me, I would kill two birds with one stone, decreasing the log jam at RB by moving Prosise to WR. Who will provide depth until and if Lockett comes back.

Rawls, McNichols, Collins, and Williams at RB. Although I'm kind of fine with Pope as the 4th or someone similar that has return ability. Maybe Pope as the 4th, and let Collins/Williams battle for a spot with the loser chanced to the PS.

Baldwin, Richardson, Prosise, McEvoy, Kearse, and (Lockett) at WR.

My comp for Prosise would be a bigger, longer Golden Tate. Mega Tate.

When I looked it up the athletic measures were extremely uncanny.

Player: Prosise (Tate)
Height: 6'0 (5'10)
Weight: 220 (199)

HandSize: 8 1/2 (9 1/4)
Arm Length: 32 1/8 in (30 1/2)
BenchPress: DNP (17 reps)

40 Yd D: 4.48s (4.42)
20 Yd S: 2.64s (NA)
10 Yd S: 1.57s (1.54)

Vert. Jump: 35.5 in (35)
BroadJump: 121 in (120)

20YdSh: 4.42s (4.34)
3-Cone: 7.19 (7.12)

Tate grades a few ticks better in the clocked drills but Prosise had 21 pounds on him. Prosise stays within .08s of Tate in all drills. So really its about equal as it can be considering the weight difference.

Yet, Prosise with more weight did a notch better in his jumps.

What stands out the most his Prosise's 8 1/2 Hand Size which is 3/4ths of an inch smaller than Tate. However, in whole Prosise's Arm Length is 1 and 5/8ths inches longer.

Prosise's sub 9 in hands bothered me and searching for a comp, I found Lockett has 8 3/8th hands with only a 30 inch reach. Lockett, has pretty dependable hands, I would say making spectacular catches within coverage.

McNichols stood out to me today too. I like his combination of size and speed and being compact/durable. He almost feels like a mix between Rawls and Prosise to me. I like McNichols a lot.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
For Perine:

40 YARD DASH: 4.65 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 30 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 33.0 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 116.0 INCH

The 4.65 isn't really an issue for me. For reference, 4.65 is also what Rawls ran at the combine. Lesean McCoy ran a 4.62.

A-Dog

Reaction score
vin.couve12":tjsegi28 said:
For Perine:

40 YARD DASH: 4.65 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 30 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 33.0 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 116.0 INCH

The 4.65 isn't really an issue for me. For reference, 4.65 is also what Rawls ran at the combine. Lesean McCoy ran a 4.62.
The slow 40 time and average jumps are good news if we hope to snag this guy in the 3rd round. He's more about strength and balance as opposed to speed and quickness.

Definitely my #1 target at RB but would rather use our top two picks on defense.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3jc5vh68 said:
Largent80":3jc5vh68 said:
NO, I didn't watch it. AND I don't care. This happened several years ago and nothing since. People make mistakes. YOU included. Don't try and point me out because I am willing to forgive because forgiveness is the greatest human attribute.

You asked to see it. But now you don't want to because "people make mistakes?

You can forgive him all you want. The question here is whether a person with that type of attitude is a good fit for the football team, knowing full well the backlash (rightfully) that comes with it.

We gambled with Clark, albeit no video which seems to make a huge difference these days.

So I can see Pete gambling on Mixon if he falls to us and Pete and John have vetted him out 100 different ways from Sunday to make sure they feel comfortable drafting him vs the backlash (especially in the NW).

If this just happened? Yeah, Mixon would drop like a rock like Tunsil did, maybe even all the way down to 3rd or 4th round like Tyreek Hill did. But since this was 2014 I think a LOT of teams are going to risk it for arguably the top back in the draft..............including us if he makes it all the way down to the bottom of the 1st round.

Seymour

Reaction score
Largent80":3lr91ni8 said:
So, I watched PART of that. I had heard enough after 2 minutes.

The guy made a mistake. He is owning it.

Punching a women half your size to the head is not making a mistake, it is flat out having a screw loose and a major character flaw.

The "mistake" was made 9 months prior to his birth by his mother.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Seymour":mka45tr4 said:
Largent80":mka45tr4 said:
So, I watched PART of that. I had heard enough after 2 minutes.

The guy made a mistake. He is owning it.

Punching a women half your size to the head is not making a mistake, it is flat out having a screw loose and a major character flaw.

The "mistake" was made 9 months prior to his birth by his mother.

“The self-righteous scream judgments against others to hide the noise of skeletons dancing in their own closets.”
― John Mark Green

Tical21

Reaction score
Schneider flat-out said we would never take a player that hit a woman. He gets strung up if he does. He's not even on our board. La Confora has said he has heard from over 20 teams and each last one of them has said he isn't on their board either.

I agree with Seymour. Speeding is a youthful mistake. Smoking pot is a youthful mistake. Being that big and bad and hitting a little woman is something different entirely, and is a huge red flag that something isn't right with the guy. Being drunk and mad or being in a relationship matters zero. This guy thought it the best move at the time to lump a woman. He is a woman beater. The why is absolutely irrelevant, unless scared for his safety. He had a chance to be one of the privileged that got the chance to possibly be drafted into the NFL, and he chose to hit a woman instead.

Tical21

Reaction score
I just don't know about Perine. I love how physical he is, but hate how long he takes to get going. That behind a subpar line frightens me.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Tical21":2os2vv4x said:
Schneider flat-out said we would never take a player that hit a woman. He gets strung up if he does. He's not even on our board. La Confora has said he has heard from over 20 teams and each last one of them has said he isn't on their board either.

I agree with Seymour. Speeding is a youthful mistake. Smoking pot is a youthful mistake. Being that big and bad and hitting a little woman is something different entirely, and is a huge red flag that something isn't right with the guy. Being drunk and mad or being in a relationship matters zero. This guy thought it the best move at the time to lump a woman. He is a woman beater. The why is absolutely irrelevant, unless scared for his safety. He had a chance to be one of the privileged that got the chance to possibly be drafted into the NFL, and he chose to hit a woman instead.

So you're saying that if Ezekiel Elliott would have been available to the Seahawks in last season's draft, the Seahawks wouldn't have drafted him? I highly doubt the Seahawks wouldn't have drafted Elliott if they could have. At draft time, Elliott was going through domestic violence charges. They were still pending. Mixon on the other hand, was charged and penalized already. He's paid his penalty and thus far has stayed out of trouble. This is not to condone Mixon's actions. What he did is absolutely horrible. Who knows he may use the opportunity he receives from the NFL to make a difference in the future. A lot of athletes do.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Tical21":1xg3cmyf said:
I just don't know about Perine. I love how physical he is, but hate how long he takes to get going. That behind a subpar line frightens me.
He's what you call a patient runner by nature. Likes to one cut and go and sometimes doesn't "go" soon enough and gets caught from the backside. That's coachable though. From his combine though, I don't see any reason why we couldn't take him in the 3rd. I've looked at other big backs like Conner, Hood, etc, and Perine bad the best combine so far and doesn't appear to have any character concerns. Quite the contrary, actually. We don't know Foreman's 40 or vert and what not, but Foreman is also lacking in the running style I'd like to see return to the Seahawks backfield. Perine checks that box in spades and then some.

Kamura is interesting, ut also seems redundant to Prosise. Joe Williams is also interesting in that he's a very talented quitter.

Dunno man...

vin.couve12

Reaction score
How important is the combine for drafting running backs? It's pretty important, but you can have almost the worst explosion numbers (vert/broad) that's been recorded by an actual RB in the last 10 years in a weight class below 220 pounds and still get drafted.

40 YARD DASH: 4.59 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 18 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 28.5 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 113.0 INCH

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Christian McCaffrey played the "disrespected" card the other day. He might be angling to get a look from Pete.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":c8ieyz48 said:
Christian McCaffrey played the "disrespected" card the other day. He might be angling to get a look from Pete.
I don't know that he's angling at all. He likely legitimately feels that way. There's a story going back to last year that I won't get into, and while I agree with him to a large extent, a 200 pound running back just doesn't get looked at as the guy you can lean on to be there down in and down out in the NFL anymore as a guy that can carry the load. There are very, very few exceptions.

He'll be a pain in the ass though. Good player.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I saw a video of it and it was captioned with something like "the full video the media didn't show" and expected it to show some sort of confrontation that might *explain* why he hit her. But nothin'. It's not like she was slapping him or kicking him. He just decked her.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Tical21":31o1kptp said:
I had always dismissed Perine as lacking too much explosion. But man, that kid is physical. The problem is that the good runs you saw on his highlights were blocked well, but I also have a feeling he'd be pretty good when it isn't blocked well. I'd be on board.

Man he can hit hard though. The first highlight on the video I watched, they compared him to earl Campbell.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
It was years ago. He deserves a second chance. Besides, it looked as if she put her hands on him first.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Mixon's teammate is a better and tougher man and RB alike. You only care about Mixon if you don't get Perine. :stirthepot: