Sounds like we'll add a RB

Tical21

Reaction score
Joe Williams is still my guy. 4.41 today. His tape is salivating. 212 and looks like he could put on a couple more. Gotta interview him thoroughly, but everything about his tape screams star.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Tical21":2eleiyxz said:
Joe Williams is still my guy. 4.41 today. His tape is salivating. 212 and looks like he could put on a couple more. Gotta interview him thoroughly, but everything about his tape screams star.

If he checks out in interview then I can't be mad at this. He's a bit like Freeman.

randomation

Reaction score
If Ram and GB are gone I want McCaffrey he and CJP can split time and be consistent running and receiving threats.

Tical21

Reaction score
McCaffrey is totally redundant with Prosise. We need a tough runner, not another 3rd down back. I think McCaffrey is going to be a huge bust as a runner. Could be a playmaker, but not strong enough to run in this league.

Tical21

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1kk8l1wh said:
Tical21":1kk8l1wh said:
Schneider flat-out said we would never take a player that hit a woman. He gets strung up if he does. He's not even on our board. La Confora has said he has heard from over 20 teams and each last one of them has said he isn't on their board either.

I agree with Seymour. Speeding is a youthful mistake. Smoking pot is a youthful mistake. Being that big and bad and hitting a little woman is something different entirely, and is a huge red flag that something isn't right with the guy. Being drunk and mad or being in a relationship matters zero. This guy thought it the best move at the time to lump a woman. He is a woman beater. The why is absolutely irrelevant, unless scared for his safety. He had a chance to be one of the privileged that got the chance to possibly be drafted into the NFL, and he chose to hit a woman instead.

So you're saying that if Ezekiel Elliott would have been available to the Seahawks in last season's draft, the Seahawks wouldn't have drafted him?
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Schneider flat-out said they won't have people on this team that hit women, period. If Frank had hit a woman, he wouldn't be here. Are you saying he's lying?

Tical21

Reaction score
vin.couve12":31lv6y3o said:
Tical21":31lv6y3o said:

If he checks out in interview then I can't be mad at this. He's a bit like Freeman.
I like Freeman a lot too, I think. Dunno if he was banged up or quit or what happened last year though.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Tical21":4wmt2lig said:
hawkfan68":4wmt2lig said:
Tical21":4wmt2lig said:
Schneider flat-out said we would never take a player that hit a woman. He gets strung up if he does. He's not even on our board. La Confora has said he has heard from over 20 teams and each last one of them has said he isn't on their board either.

I agree with Seymour. Speeding is a youthful mistake. Smoking pot is a youthful mistake. Being that big and bad and hitting a little woman is something different entirely, and is a huge red flag that something isn't right with the guy. Being drunk and mad or being in a relationship matters zero. This guy thought it the best move at the time to lump a woman. He is a woman beater. The why is absolutely irrelevant, unless scared for his safety. He had a chance to be one of the privileged that got the chance to possibly be drafted into the NFL, and he chose to hit a woman instead.

So you're saying that if Ezekiel Elliott would have been available to the Seahawks in last season's draft, the Seahawks wouldn't have drafted him?
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Schneider flat-out said they won't have people on this team that hit women, period. If Frank had hit a woman, he wouldn't be here. Are you saying he's lying?

No I don't believe JS is lying. However, I don't believe it's as black and white as you might think. I think he would consider the situation. I think Schneider would make his own decisions based on an interview with the player, workout, etc. As he did with Frank Clark. He could have written Clark off based on media, what was said, etc. He didn't do that. Clark may not have hit a woman but he did do something to her, there were marks around her neck, etc. He did put his hands on her in a violent way.

As for Zeke, I believe the Seahawks would have drafted him if he was there. JS/PC would have carefully investigated Elliott's situation and made a move based on that. There are plenty of good rbs in the draft besides Mixon so it may well be that the Seahawks don't have him on their board.

Also Tom Cable has a history of violent behavior toward women....yet he's still on the Seahawk coaching staff. Wouldn't that be against what he said? That's why his statement isn't as "black and white", IMO.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4613549

randomation

Reaction score
Tical21":3cax6p9c said:
McCaffrey is totally redundant with Prosise. We need a tough runner, not another 3rd down back. I think McCaffrey is going to be a huge bust as a runner. Could be a playmaker, but not strong enough to run in this league.

I really don't agree with that also I'm thinking something similar to what the falcons did where you have two backs who can run but are even bigger threats as receivers and can constantly give each other a break. Also if CJP gets hurt again CM would mean we would still have the dynamic playmaker in the backfield. I think he is a tilt the field type player and that is what we need if we can't get one of the top tackles which does not include robinson.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
randomation":3dnpbfzy said:
Tical21":3dnpbfzy said:

I really don't agree with that also I'm thinking something similar to what the falcons did where you have two backs who can run but are even bigger threats as receivers and can constantly give each other a break. Also if CJP gets hurt again CM would mean we would still have the dynamic playmaker in the backfield. I think he is a tilt the field type player and that is what we need if we can't get one of the top tackles which does not include robinson.

McCaffrey is a good player but he had the benefit of running behind a really good OL at Stanford. He would not have that in Seattle. That's why I think he wouldn't be a good fit here. He's also on the smallish side. Prosise is 220 pds. He's much bigger than McCaffrey. I don't think he compares to Prosise at all.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
A name I haven't seen mentioned by anybody here is Blount.

He'd be a great fit in the rotation. His demands wouldn't be outrageous like APs and he's used to being in a rotation. He's great in the red zone and can get those hard yards, tough to take down. He's obviously not a long term solution but unless we can draft a big workhorse he may be the best option. I still hope we can grab Mixon but I'm not sold on the other flavors of the month and we're not getting a sniff at Fournette or Cook.
I

randomation

Reaction score
hawkfan68":29z05gvt said:
randomation":29z05gvt said:
Tical21":29z05gvt said:

McCaffrey is a good player but he had the benefit of running behind a really good OL at Stanford. He would not have that in Seattle. That's why I think he wouldn't be a good fit here. He's also on the smallish side. Prosise is 220 pds. He's much bigger than McCaffrey. I don't think he compares to Prosise at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SebUSOQBJ7Y

I mean a lot of these runs are all him and there is some tough sledding in there. I think he is likely to be less reliant on a line than most running backs in the draft tbh he is a weapon whether running or receiving.

edit: There is also another factor the return game I would prefer to let Lock have at least a few games off from returning at least until we are sure he is back to 100% and CM is a damn good returner.

Chapow

Reaction score
HawkGA":2mf1tapd said:
I saw a video of it and it was captioned with something like "the full video the media didn't show" and expected it to show some sort of confrontation that might *explain* why he hit her. But nothin'. It's not like she was slapping him or kicking him. He just decked her.

Are you sure you saw the Joe Mixon video or are you talking about something else? Because the video clearly, and I mean crystal clearly, shows her shoving and hitting him on the side of the head/face before he punched her.

I'm not defending the guy, not at all, just thought your post was pretty bizarre based on what is clearly shown in the video. But again, maybe you're talking about something else?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
The question wasn't asked to me, but I'm answering it.

The problem is intent. Yes, she gave him an excuse. Why did he enter the premise in the first place? Why the aggressive forward lean and body stature?

Again, the problem is intent. It can't be empirically proven, but you know the answer in watching the video. What happened before that is what we don't know and I'm not sure it even matters. He went in there clearly seeking confrontation. Premeditated, if you will.

Tical21

Reaction score
I dunno, seems pretty black and white.

After the selection Friday, Schneider told reporters at the Virginia Mason Athletic Center that hitting a woman was still a “deal-breaker” for the Seahawks, but he said Seahawks’ brass was confident Clark did not hit his girlfriend.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Tical21":itxn59ri said:

After the selection Friday, Schneider told reporters at the Virginia Mason Athletic Center that hitting a woman was still a “deal-breaker” for the Seahawks, but he said Seahawks’ brass was confident Clark did not hit his girlfriend.

Tom Cable has a history of violent behavior toward women....yet he's still on the Seahawk coaching staff. Wouldn't that be against what he said? That's why his statement isn't as "black and white", IMO.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawkfan68":g7ktuv0v said:
Tical21":g7ktuv0v said:

Tom Cable has a history of violent behavior toward women....yet he's still on the Seahawk coaching staff. Wouldn't that be against what he said? That's why his statement isn't as "black and white", IMO.

Did you read the article?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Uncle Si":15whvnf3 said:
hawkfan68":15whvnf3 said:
Tical21":15whvnf3 said:

Did you read the article?

Yes I did. Here's some snippets from the article -

"In 1989, Sandy Cable sought a temporary order of protection, which said, in part, "On two occasions, one back in '86 and the other in '88, he hit me. The second time in the face, however on attempts to call law enforcement, my husband would rip the phone out of the wall."

"Sandy Cable followed up her former husband's statement with her own Sunday, saying, "He constantly made accusations throughout the relationship. There was never any infidelity on my part. And he did not slap me, he punched me."

Cable said he slapped his then wife, Sandy Cable, in that article. Is that different that hitting someone? To me it's the same thing - it's still hitting someone.

If Schneider is "black and white" in his stance that hitting a woman is a "deal breaker" for the Seahawks then why is Cable on the Seahawk coaching staff?

Aside from that, my point is that I believe Schneider weighs each situation individually. He may look at the Mixon and say no I won't consider him but he may also say this kid has unbelievable talent, let's do a bit more investigation into what happened, interview him see if he's a different guy now, and if he can fit in. Sounds like Mixon has shown remorse for his actions. I guess we'll find out what happens in late April.

chris98251

Reaction score
Yes I did. Here's some snippets from the article -

"In 1989, Sandy Cable sought a temporary order of protection, which said, in part, "On two occasions, one back in '86 and the other in '88, he hit me. The second time in the face, however on attempts to call law enforcement, my husband would rip the phone out of the wall."

"Sandy Cable followed up her former husband's statement with her own Sunday, saying, "He constantly made accusations throughout the relationship. There was never any infidelity on my part. And he did not slap me, he punched me."

Cable said he slapped his then wife, Sandy Cable, in that article. Is that different that hitting someone? To me it's the same thing - it's still hitting someone.

If Schneider is "black and white" in his stance that hitting a woman is a "deal breaker" for the Seahawks then why is Cable on the Seahawk coaching staff?

Aside from that, my point is that I believe Schneider weighs each situation individually. He may look at the Mixon and say no I won't consider him but he may also say this kid has unbelievable talent, let's do a bit more investigation into what happened, interview him see if he's a different guy now, and if he can fit in. Sounds like Mixon has shown remorse for his actions. I guess we'll find out what happens in late April.

She should have made the damn Sammich !

:)