Votes: 28 17.9%
  • Robert Turbin

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • Draft replacement

Votes: 65 41.7%

• Total voters

torontoseahawk

Reaction score
Lynch is obviously the number one choice, he better not retire or go anywhere else. But if he says no to the three year extension, why not get Peterson for the three years and be right back in the super bowl

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Tical21":uwrh35l1 said:
Our coaching staff just stole a Super Bowl MVP, very possibly the Hall of Fame, and a bunch of 0's from him. That guy will never play another down for us. He's going to demand a trade and retire if he doesn't get it. He doesn't want to retire. He wants to get paid for a few more years. But he is about loyalty and respect, and we just disrespected him. Its been fun 'Shawn.
Ummm...no. To all of this, no.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":22rtrb8h said:
If Lynch retires I want Ndamukong Suh. And Gurley in the draft.
I love Lynch but :3: :3: :3: :3: :3:

kjreid

Reaction score
i DON'T think ML will leave. If he does than I really think Gurley (GA) and/or Cobb (MN) will be available when we draft 31 (man it hurts to type 31). I would like to go with one of those two.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
They ask who Gurly reminds people of.. It's Lynch.
I'd go for Gurly..

Only problem is, if we get Gurly

We could have Christine and Gurly in the same back field.
I don't think that will make anyone afraid.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I want Todd Gurley if Lynch retires. I want Todd Gurley if he comes back.

kearly

Reaction score
Michael. Though obviously, the team would need to draft a RB at some point in the draft to replace Lynch's roster spot. The Seahawks don't really have a "tough yards" guy to replace Lynch, so that's probably the kind of RB they would look for.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Gurley.

He's a complete every down back. Accomplished as a receiver. Exceptional at pass blocking. Something that has been a barrier to getting playing time for our backs (both Turbin and Michael). Has added value as a KR which we are lacking sorely.

Has demonstrated considerable desire and fights for extra yardage. Overall should score very highly in the 'I love football' department.

Gordon is good too. But I see plainly that Gurley is a more physical kind of back. And since our scheme derives it's power from the RB position and not drive blocking at the OL position -- the fit is better. This scheme really sets a premium on eliminating negative plays. When our OL loses their assignments, it's left to the RB to turn a negative play into a no gain or even a positive play. In this regard, Gurley is a much better fit.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I wrote Michael in another thread but would honestly be pretty excited if they grabbed Gurley at 31 even though I don't think its the best move for the team. A Michael/Gurley combo would be ridiculous. I still believe Michael can be special in this league so would rather see the 31 pick used on a WR to help Wilson out.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Looks like a 11 or 12 million deal on the table.

Is Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch worth $11M-$12M in 2015?
By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com
February 21, 2015 3:37 pm ET

Quarterback Russell Wilson might be the face of the Seahawks, but running back Marshawn Lynch was the primary reason Seattle's offense was so successful. It's an interesting dynamic in a pass-happy league where running backs have been devalued.

But the Seahawks know Lynch's worth, and it's why they are keen on keeping him. Specifically, the organization has offered Lynch a multiyear deal that would pay between $11 million-$12 million in the first year and $9 million in Year No. 2, according to Yahoo.com's Rand Getlin.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... 2m-in-2015

hawksurething

Reaction score
Only a RB that has the wiggle & power to break tackles behind our most penertrated oline in the NFL!

You have to draft Ajayi to do it.

Or maybe Coleman, abdullah,yeldon can do that? Maybe !

Ingram might be able to. Might !

Jeremy hill sure can. But will cincy give him up ? Doubt it.

Gurley, Gordon, sure can NOT break lots of tackles in the backfield.

chris98251

Reaction score
If we can find the RB coach that got Ahman Green on track with his carrying the ball and fumbliteist Michael may have a chance.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
hawksurething":3etn559n said:

Break lots of tackles? You mean like this:
552f67163e663a36023808ebc87e0dfc

Gurley is a tackle breaking fool, in a good way. Reminds me of a young Steven Jackson.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawknation2015":cqdqmqpv said:
hawksurething":cqdqmqpv said:

Gurley is a tackle breaking fool, in a good way. Reminds me of a young Steven Jackson.

Who had no wiggle and that never had a 100 yds against this Seahawks team.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
chris98251":3sfg75hu said:
hawknation2015":3sfg75hu said:
hawksurething":3sfg75hu said:

It is true that we got the better of the Rams for the most part . . . but look at the totality of career. Eight-consecutive 1,000+ yard seasons. 1,500 yards and 13 TDs in 2006. Similar build and running style to Gurley. Had ACL surgery his senior year at Oregon State, but went on to break hundreds of tackles in his career.

hawksurething

Reaction score
hawknation2015":m3hmvs2x said:
chris98251":m3hmvs2x said:
hawknation2015":m3hmvs2x said:
hawksurething":m3hmvs2x said:

It is true that we got the better of the Rams for the most part . . . but look at the totality of career. Eight-consecutive 1,000+ yard seasons. 1,500 yards and 13 TDs in 2006. Similar build and running style to Gurley. Had ACL surgery his senior year at Oregon State, but went on to break hundreds of tackles in his career.

I said in the backfield with consistent penertration. Jeesh why do you always go off subject When you reply to me ?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
hawksurething":1w92j5rq said:
hawknation2015":1w92j5rq said:
hawknation2015":1w92j5rq said:
hawksurething":1w92j5rq said:

I said in the backfield with consistent penertration. Jeesh why do you always go off subject When you reply to me ?

Sorry, I just used that gif because it was convenient. Here's a great play that comes to mind from this past season where Gurley broke two tackles in the backfield, then raced down the sideline and hurdled another defender. Wish I could find a gif for this play.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11599188

hawksurething

Reaction score

Gurley is a tackle breaking fool, in a good way. Reminds me of a young Steven Jackson.[/quote]

It is true that we got the better of the Rams for the most part . . . but look at the totality of career. Eight-consecutive 1,000+ yard seasons. 1,500 yards and 13 TDs in 2006. Similar build and running style to Gurley. Had ACL surgery his senior year at Oregon State, but went on to break hundreds of tackles in his career.[/quote]

I said in the backfield with consistent penertration. Jeesh why do you always go off subject When you reply to me ?[/quote]

Sorry, I just used that gif because it was convenient. Here's a great play that comes to mind from this past season where Gurley broke two tackles in the backfield, then raced down the sideline and hurdled another defender. Wish I could find a gif for this play.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11599188[/quote]

Here is real breaking tackles behind the line. Not just a 1 or a few times... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nJbd1yctaVo