It's official: Welcome home to the LOS ANGELES RAMS!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
BullHawk33":2s43iql7 said:
My condolences to the St Louis fans. I have a lot of empathy after the Sonics left.

That said, I am glad they can stop talking about the Seahawks moving back to the AFC with this move which would have happened if the Raiders and Chargers both went to LA.
You have not 1 fact of that,just your hope and rumor mill.Glad this totally ends it no matter

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
BlueTalon":27hhfrng said:
seahawk12thman":27hhfrng said:
YAAAYYYY another city and fan base gets screwed. The city put up money for a new stadium unlike Oakland and even found a corporate sponsor but to hell with them, "Stan the man" had cash and that's all that matter. Curious, I wonder when the CLink becomes old and outdated?? But the Hawks would never leave Seattle, oh wait it was tried. Nobody cared when the Rams left in the first place; a big collective YAAWWWNNNNN. You deserve better St Louis..
You apparently weren't paying attention when the subject of EJD lease renewal first came up. St. Louis tried to do as little as possible, to avoid spending money on the stadium. They could have done something when it mattered, and they'd still have a team right now.

How do you work with a man, as a city, who knowingly (and publicly) wants to move the team?? He has had this in mind from the moment he became majority owner (2002). That is what made me sick :pukeface:

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
RedAlice":1l77p3u4 said:
Agree 100% @BlueTalon

Here is Kroenke's first interview after being approved with the LA Times. I quoted some parts including some relating to your owner, rest is at the link.

----

“One of the most important things that nailed it (Tuesday) is that we just kept showing them pictures,” Kroenke said. “People love pictures. And what those pictures showed was the thought and the development and the plan, and the depth of the thought.”

He said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell found the pictures “very compelling.”

Kroenke noted Seattle Seahawks owner and Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen support of the project. After not attending an NFL meeting in four years, Allen appeared at the Houston gathering to back Kroenke. The gesture didn’t go unnoticed by other owners.

“When I started working on this two years ago, I took Paul through the whole thing,” Kroenke said. “I said, ‘This is what I think we can do here. I’m not sure we can do it all, but here’s what we’re working on.’ He was always interested. Then once we got to certain point, he definitely got it. He got how good it was.”

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp ... tory.html#

For the record, you aren't a bad person at all for being excited about the Rams. It seems like it will be a magnificent facility but Kroenke is shady anyway you want to portray him.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Fade":11wq8nxw said:
So would you guys feel bad for OKC fans, if they went back to Seattle, and the Sonics returned? Personally I would feel like it is righting a wrong. Just like the Rams coming home, back to LA.

In 21 years, yes. Now, no!!

rideaducati

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":396hd132 said:
BlueTalon":396hd132 said:
seahawk12thman":396hd132 said:
YAAAYYYY another city and fan base gets screwed. The city put up money for a new stadium unlike Oakland and even found a corporate sponsor but to hell with them, "Stan the man" had cash and that's all that matter. Curious, I wonder when the CLink becomes old and outdated?? But the Hawks would never leave Seattle, oh wait it was tried. Nobody cared when the Rams left in the first place; a big collective YAAWWWNNNNN. You deserve better St Louis..
You apparently weren't paying attention when the subject of EJD lease renewal first came up. St. Louis tried to do as little as possible, to avoid spending money on the stadium. They could have done something when it mattered, and they'd still have a team right now.

How do you work with a man, as a city, who knowingly (and publicly) wants to move the team?? He has had this in mind from the moment he became majority owner (2002). That is what made me sick :pukeface:

Kroenke didn't become majority owner of the Rams until August of 2010...long after the stadium started falling behind the agreed upon standards.

greenblue_eye's2

Reaction score
Congrats RedAlice, its good to have the Rams back on the West Coast, & really in the NFC West! :thirishdrinkers:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":10sr3jdt said:
Fade":10sr3jdt said:
So would you guys feel bad for OKC fans, if they went back to Seattle, and the Sonics returned? Personally I would feel like it is righting a wrong. Just like the Rams coming home, back to LA.
Exactly and I live here. Nobody in Missouri outside St. Louis metro even acknowledges the Rams exist. And St. Louis is a ghetto. It is similar to the Portland/Seattle dynamic. Figure it out from there. NFC fans in this area of the country are fans of in order....

1. Dallas
2. Green Bay
3. Chicago
4. Atlanta
5. Minnesota

They hate the Seahawks and are shocked that St. Louis is actually in our division. St. Louis is considered east coast by most Midwest types. They aren't wrong given it's geographic location. Being a Midwest Seahawks fan is great because I thrive on the envy, fear, and hate. But make no mistake it's real and you'd be advised not to push the limits too far.

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
Long Q&A with Kroenke regarding the process. Some excerpts - full article at this link.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp ... tory.html#

Q: What role did Seahawks owner Paul Allen play in Houston?

Kroenke: He goes to the big meetings. Paul told me he was coming. He called three times. He got interested in it. Paul knows L.A. He knows how important it is. Paul gets all the metrics, the Internet stuff, how you promote with the millennials. L.A. is hugely important for the league.

When I started working on this two years ago, I took Paul through the whole thing. I said, 'This is what I think we can do here. I'm not sure we can do it all, but here's what we're working on.' He was always interested. Then once we got to a certain point, he definitely got it. He got how good it was.

--

Q: How do you feel about leaving St. Louis?

Kroenke: It truly is bittersweet. I grew up in Missouri, and there's a lot of wonderful people in St. Louis and Missouri. I'll always feel that way about Missouri. I never dreamed I'd be put in this position. But at the same time, you're not going to sit there and be a victim.

--

Q: Other owners described the stadium as "transformative." What will be unique about it?

Demoff: This is the stadium of the future for the NFL and hopefully for other sporting venues. When you look — especially in L.A. — it's a melting pot of NFL fans. You look at the Steelers bars and Redskins bars and Bears bars. You want to take that and put it into your campus and find ways that at every turn people can watch the other games.

L.A.'s become a fantasy-oriented, Red Zone-oriented, DirecTV-oriented culture. And I think our job is to blend that with now having a hometown team. To start to build that allegiance where you walk into the stadium and you never feel that you're giving up everything else that's going on Sunday but you still have the Rams right in front of you.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
To the 2 of you that said move the Cards back to St. Loo, just stop. If that happened, the Hawks would get that 10 AM game back that they just lost.

Man that pic of the Deacon in that old school blue and white Rams uni looks gooooooooooood!

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Poor Stan is a victim:

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/ ... 7_20185393

St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke is moving the team to Los Angeles because he grew tired of being a victim.

Yes, a victim.

Kroenke, owner of a sports empire that includes the Rams, Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche and Arsenal soccer team, recently shared his thoughts on leaving St. Louis in a lengthy interview with the Los Angeles Times. The $8 billion man said it will be hard to leave Missouri after he grew up there, but he feels he was backed into a corner.

“It truly is bittersweet. I grew up in Missouri, and there’s a lot of wonderful people in St. Louis and Missouri,” Kroenke explained. “I’ll always feel that way about Missouri. I never dreamed I’d be put in this position. But at the same time, you’re not going to sit there and be a victim.”

The people of St. Louis disagree. For starters, any billionaire who calls himself a “victim” when discussing a business deal is clearly out of touch with reality. Secondly, Kroenke and his ownership group were offered $400 million in public funding to build a new stadium in St. Louis.

We don’t doubt that the prospect of a new stadium in L.A. was more enticing than a new stadium in a city where only 50,000 fans per weekend bought tickets, but many feel Kroenke lied from the day he purchased the Rams in 2010. He said he would do everything he could to keep the team in St. Louis, but there was clearly an agenda.

If Kroenke wants to know how fans in St. Louis feel about him now, he should look no further than this hockey game. The “victim” remark is only going to make things worse.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
RedAlice":1q3bwa1i said:
Your bitterness as a non-StL fan is really kind of odd.

You should add in Bernie and Shane articles - they have just as many wrong facts in them.

And, if you want to go commiserate with like-minded fans, you can go here:

http://interact.stltoday.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=15

Plus, you can probably get more info there to fuel your feelings.

Good luck buying tickets in a 3 billion dollar stadium.

Maulbert

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":obrax5aq said:
To the 2 of you that said move the Cards back to St. Loo, just stop. If that happened, the Hawks would get that 10 AM game back that they just lost.

I said it as a joke, I don't want it to happen either. Besides, the Cards have been more successful in Arizona.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Maulbert":1dnsky8j said:
hawksfansinceday1":1dnsky8j said:

I said it as a joke, I don't want it to happen either. Besides, the Cards have been more successful in Arizona.
Yes they have though not exactly a high bar set before they got there.

Maulbert

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1zrvcrrv said:
Maulbert":1zrvcrrv said:
hawksfansinceday1":1zrvcrrv said:

Yes they have though not exactly a high bar set before they got there.

They did win a championship in Chicago, but yeah, they were awful in St. Louis. 3 playoff games, all losses. Interesting fact: the St. Louis Cardinals are the only team to lose to the Green Bay Packers in the playoffs in between the coaching tenures of Vince Lombardi and Mike Holmgren (24 seasons, from 1968 to 1991).

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
Osprey":1shhd8os said:
Marvin49":1shhd8os said:
Gratz Alice.

Back where they belong in my opinion. Now they just need to bring back the old uniforms full time. :) Hell, maybe they should go old school blue and white. :)

So this:
Dm 130604 nfl schefter deacon jones

Some updates and rumors from LA Radio today:

Looks like we will be seeing these blue & whites as the new throw-backs. Yay!

Per Demoff (Rams President) - if I understood correctly, there will be a new uniform announcement in the Spring. These will be the throw-backs, and the regular uniforms will be a completely new uniform that respects the nostalgia of the old LA uniforms but is something completely new.

No idea what that will be - hopefully some mix of yellow/blue/white. As long as it's an end to the blueberries.

--

Deal has been confirmed with the Coliseum for the Rams to play there for the next three years. They are also still open to a second team.

---

Schefter is reporting it is highly likely the opening game at the Coliseum will be the first week on MNF as the second game.

It's been brought up that Jack Youngblood and some old LA Rams players may run out of the tunnel one last time for the first game. :D

--

Draft war room will be held in the St. Louis Rams park offices. (They better get some good security)

Subzero717

Reaction score
Everyone in St Louis thats pissed I get the hurt but the Rams are going home. It would be like after KD and Westbrook sign in LA and they move the Sonics back to Seattle. I wont feel sorry for OKC. Its their rightful home in Seattle. I feel the same about the Rams. Never should have moved.

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
I still need to say: Pinch me.

I won't fully believe all of this is true until I am at the game in the Coliseum. Been too long dreamin' and wantin' for it.

rideaducati

Reaction score
RedAlice":1czijb6c said:

I won't fully believe all of this is true until I am at the game in the Coliseum. Been too long dreamin' and wantin' for it.

You're like a child waiting for Santa...and it's only May first.

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
rideaducati":q8466f72 said:
RedAlice":q8466f72 said:

You're like a child waiting for Santa...and it's only May first.

Yep!

It's indescribable except to others like me.

I wore a Rams t-shirt to see my client in Orange County today for a pack-out. I was stopped by strangers everywhere I went saying: Rams are coming here. Rams fan!

:179417: :179417: :179417: :179417: